Whats happening to me

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont get it, Ive always been a hard gainer and at 22 and had to fight to get myself from 130lbs to 160lbs. This doesnt make sense but this past month ive dropped down to 140lbs..

the last hormonal thing i touched was letro several months ago but even then i kept my weight. And a very recent blood test checked everything out to be okay

Due to pulling something in my shoulder, I missed a good 2 weeks of work out.. but this cant cause me to drop 20 fukin pounds can it?? .. This is seriously put my moral in the shytter, i couldnt even work out today after looking at myself in the mirror and seeing how much I shrunk. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on or advice? i feel much weaker as well and my strength dropped noticably, like I said its really depressing and keeping me further from working out. At this point im even considering running a cycle just because of this crap, but im sure its not the right time for that as I am not even at my base weight yet.. Thoughts please.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anything change diet wise?
i didnt drink any protein shakes in this 2 weeks off, so that might of contributed but still, 20lbs is rather darastic dont you think? Any ideas on how to stop the downward spiral and get my muscle back?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
if you dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks then you weren't eating enough

not much you can do but build up again and don't get hurt. If you're a hardgainer, just overload your body with food and heavy lifting, eventually it will respond :).

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I'd see a doc personally, 20lb in 2 weeks could be an internal issue - better safe than sorry.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You couldn't squad with an strained shoulder?

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Since you are a hardgainer I could see losing a decent amount of weight in two weeks-maybe not 20lbs- but none the less you said you weren't consuming protein shakes, which would lead me to believe that maybe you weren't taking in enough protein and cals on your 2 week absence to support your maintanence weight. Like I said 20lbs does seem a bit much. Did you do any excessive excersizing? Since the damage has been done the most important thing to do is to looks towards the future and to rebuilding. Don't get down in the dumps, obstacles will always come but don't let them get the best of you. Now you need to work even harder than before. Chin up bro and good luck!

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Hello Kids! Meet Mr. Tapeworm!!

Honestly, thats a lot of weight to drop. At 160 you'd need to be eating about 2,700 cals/day to maintain. If you arent at least eating maintenance you're going to lose it fast w/your metabolism. I started at like 135, got up to 200 and found if I laid off the diet for a week i'd drop probably 5 lbs, maybe more. Thats why I actually just stay at my current size, its a heck of a lot easier to maintain.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Hello Kids! Meet Mr. Tapeworm!!

Honestly, thats a lot of weight to drop. At 160 you'd need to be eating about 2,700 cals/day to maintain. If you arent at least eating maintenance you're going to lose it fast w/your metabolism. I started at like 135, got up to 200 and found if I laid off the diet for a week i'd drop probably 5 lbs, maybe more. Thats why I actually just stay at my current size, its a heck of a lot easier to maintain.
I started at 135 too. I always had such a hard time gaining weight and I could drop easily but once I hit my late 20's the opposite happened. Now I gain easily but its much harder for me to lose :think:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I dont get it, Ive always been a hard gainer and at 22 and had to fight to get myself from 130lbs to 160lbs. This doesnt make sense but this past month ive dropped down to 140lbs..

the last hormonal thing i touched was letro several months ago but even then i kept my weight. And a very recent blood test checked everything out to be okay

Due to pulling something in my shoulder, I missed a good 2 weeks of work out.. but this cant cause me to drop 20 fukin pounds can it?? .. This is seriously put my moral in the shytter, i couldnt even work out today after looking at myself in the mirror and seeing how much I shrunk. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on or advice? i feel much weaker as well and my strength dropped noticably, like I said its really depressing and keeping me further from working out. At this point im even considering running a cycle just because of this crap, but im sure its not the right time for that as I am not even at my base weight yet.. Thoughts please.
Sounds hormonal in my estimations. Anytime you drop a significant amount of LBM I would guess it to be hormonal, especially since you say strength has dropped off as well. As far as what caused it, anyone's guess is as good as mine. Anytime you drop (or gain unintentionally) a significant amount of weight you should always get a thorough examination from a licensed professional. I'd be willing to guess that your total test levels are in the toilet, unless you've had a major illness inthe past month (like serious enough to be hospitalized).

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol... sorry but when I was a kid my parents gave me a book called Whats happening to me... Just got a laugh out of the title.
but anyway... 20lbs in 2 weeks is way too much loss to be healthy. See a DR.

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
Are you sure it's 20lbs and are you certain it's been only 2 weeks? The reason i'm asking it that is a lot of muscle (protein & water) to metabolize in 2 weeks. Have you been check for any muscular wasting dieases?