Greek Yogurt...?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
denser curd, as opposed to the gooey soup you get in domestic yogurt.
has a different flavor profile of some kind.

tastes good, though

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
denser curd, as opposed to the gooey soup you get in domestic yogurt.
has a different flavor profile of some kind.

tastes good, though
Savoury rather than sweet - try making some tzatziki - it is the fcuken delish and good for you to:

Ingredients

200ml Greek yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber (peeled, seeds removed and grated) or half a continental
1 clove of garlic crushed (Fcuk that - 4 cloves!)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Method

peel the cucumber the cut it in half (length-ways) and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Grate, then squeeze out the some of the liquid, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and put to the side.
Mix yoghurt, garlic, lemon, add cucumber together in a bowl and add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
The mix will keep in an airtight container for several days.

Serving suggestions

use as a dip with warm pita bread
on toast (sounds strange, but it tastes pretty good)
as a dressing on lamb.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Savoury rather than sweet - try making some tzatziki - it is the fcuken delish and good for you to:

Ingredients

200ml Greek yoghurt
salt and pepper to taste

Method

peel the cucumber the cut it in half (length-ways) and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
Grate, then squeeze out the some of the liquid, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and put to the side.
Mix yoghurt, garlic, lemon, add cucumber together in a bowl and add salt and cracked pepper to taste.

Serving suggestions

as a dressing on lamb.
This is probably my favorite condiment! If greek yogurt is to expensive you can buy a tub of natural plain yogurt and strain it with a cheese cloth. You wont save much money because it strains down a lot but it may be worth it when yogurt goes on sale.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is probably my favorite condiment! If greek yogurt is to expensive you can buy a tub of natural plain yogurt and strain it with a cheese cloth. You wont save much money because it strains down a lot but it may be worth it when yogurt goes on sale.
Helps when your father-in-law is Greek, owns a resturant and drops off a bucketfull of the stuff each week!

:head::thumbsup::head::thumbsup::head::thumbsup::head:

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established

Ingredients

200ml Greek yoghurt
salt and pepper to taste

Method

Serving suggestions

as a dressing on lamb.
May I offer a procedural tip?

squeeze the liquid from the grated cuke right before you add it: the salt will draw the liquid out of the cuke bits, so you'll have more liquid after adding the salt than you do before. By grating, adding salt, then squeezing just before adding, you'll be leaving even more moisture behind.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
The little lady loves this stuff...she eats it all the time...she really likes adding it to her shakes...

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The little lady loves this stuff...she eats it all the time...she really likes adding it to her shakes...
Yeah, quite often I'll add some protein powder to it to eat just before bed

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have used greek yogurt to make fruit protein smoothies and loved it.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
I prefer greek yogurt to regular yogurt any day. It has a different texture, a lot less slimy, and I'd say creamier. IT definitely is less sweet but thats because most don't have added sugar. It is more expensive and like someone else mentioned kefir is a great alternative as well (tastes great too). If I remember correctly kefir is naturaly curdled or something a long those lines. I believe at my local stop n shop it was 2.99 a bottle which is really good. It has 4 servings a bottle, and each serving has 14g of protein and 3g of fiber.

Nacho1545

Awards
Greek Yogurt is supposed to be the best.. (not one sided because I am Greek).. At my gym they have nutrition facts on the walls that they change every month.. Greek Yogurt was on there 2 months ago.. Personally I have never tried it because its too expensive...

PS.. Take a look at the recipes up top.. Gyro are the best.. (I let yia yia make mine.. lol)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Greek Yogurt is supposed to be the best.. (not one sided because I am Greek).. At my gym they have nutrition facts on the walls that they change every month.. Greek Yogurt was on there 2 months ago.. Personally I have never tried it because its too expensive...

PS.. Take a look at the recipes up top.. Gyro are the best.. (I let yia yia make mine.. lol)
I bet your yia yia makes the best!:head:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im so out of the Greek loop :(...what is yia yia?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I assumed grandmother, but I didn't want to take a guess and have it be like "strong masculine head of house" or something :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
macedog24 Nutrition / Health 2
MistrJay Recipes 11
JudoJosh Recipes 6
Nutrition / Health 1
toddgranit Recipes 15