Introducing myself....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Introducing myself....


    Hey Guys. My name is Sean and I am one of NRC's sponsored athletes. I am an avid bb'er forum poster kind of guy......im real active on one of the "other" sites. But I was directed here by NRC and this looks like a great spot to share and learn.

    I am a professional, natural bodybuilder with pro cards in the USBF and the WNBF. I am very blessed to be with NRC and I can say that I have really enjoyed Cabergolean so far and I am totally stoked for ErgoBlitz to hit the market soon. Both great products. Anyways, I am a bit of a bodybuilding "nerd" and I am pretty opinionated (and hopefully educated) on various aspects of diet and training. If anyone ever needs anything....advise, help with prep, general diet, etc......hit me up! Im also here to learn so I love to engage in debate and discussion.



  2. Welcome man!

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       


  3. Great pose and welcome to the board.

  4. Welcome to the board!!

    Looking into those products now.

    Might need to add them to my winter lean bulk phase
    RecoverBro ELITE

  5. Thanks guys! Glad to be here. This seems like a great site so far.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com
    •   
       


  6. Welcome to AM
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  7. Whats up Sean! I finally made it over here glad to see you are active on this site now as well

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Welcome to AM
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Whats up Sean! I finally made it over here glad to see you are active on this site now as well
    Hey! Yea, good to see some bb.com and md.com people making their way around. Every forum seems to be a little different....little different philosophies, ideas, etc that get preached. I like reading the different views.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  9. Very true! This is way different than the other forums but that is good. All the other boards have right now is olympia arguments and I need a break from that!

  10. Welcome Sean and enjoy AM forums

  11. My latest press day workout routine is up on the site.

    http://www.cabergolean.com/blogs/new...-sean-campbell
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    My latest press day workout routine is up on the site.

    http://www.cabergolean.com/blogs/new...-sean-campbell
    Nice videos brotha. I haven't done decline bench in quite some time. You have planted the seed in my brain.

  13. Thanks man. Yea, I actually cant remember the last time I did heavy flat bench press. It tears my shoulders up more than its worth. I feel I get similar (if not better) chest/triceps activation and my shoulders dont bother me at all.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  14. I agree for sure. I just full blown just stopped flat benching a year ago and my chest has continued to grow so that says enough to me. It wasn't worth all of the shoulder pain and I am still young

  15. Hey Sean i got a question


    Im almost 5 weeks out from my 1st bodybuilding comp and was slighty behind so coach pulled all carbs out and were going mainly just protein and veggies.Some days i look in the mirror and i feel i look terrible but other days i look good.Is my mind playing tricks on me?Also you have any motivation tips?Im good in that department but lately things been hectic and its hard to focus


    Thanks

    -Vinny

  16. Quote Originally Posted by NYbodybuilder View Post
    Hey Sean i got a question


    Im almost 5 weeks out from my 1st bodybuilding comp and was slighty behind so coach pulled all carbs out and were going mainly just protein and veggies.Some days i look in the mirror and i feel i look terrible but other days i look good.Is my mind playing tricks on me?Also you have any motivation tips?Im good in that department but lately things been hectic and its hard to focus


    Thanks

    -Vinny
    Well, I will say that bodybuilding is a very difficult sport in this regard. You are constantly battling your mind. Sometimes thats due to the fact that you are fuller and harder some days and softer and deflated on others. But most of it is due to "dieters brain" and it simply the fact that you are starving for glucose. Dieting changes you emotionally and mentally and your state can be likened to a woman on PMS sometimes. Seriously. You have to come to understand that the battle has to be won in your head before you can go to the gym and hit it hard.

    That said, personally, I would not make the decision to pull carbs out completely (or almost completely with the exception of veggies). I "might" do this for short periods of time broken up with carb refeeds. Make sure you are getting adequate fat intake - at least 15% of your total calories should come from fat.

    If I were so far behind that I have to take drastic measures to get ready, personally I would rather choose a different show. The problem with dieting so hard (naturally, I am assuming) is that you will sacrifice substantial muscle to move the fat needed to get shredded. ANd then whats the point in showing up less than your best. The main problem for you is that the season is coming to an end so you pretty much have to suck it up and diet hard or wait until March/April.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Well, I will say that bodybuilding is a very difficult sport in this regard. You are constantly battling your mind. Sometimes thats due to the fact that you are fuller and harder some days and softer and deflated on others. But most of it is due to "dieters brain" and it simply the fact that you are starving for glucose. Dieting changes you emotionally and mentally and your state can be likened to a woman on PMS sometimes. Seriously. You have to come to understand that the battle has to be won in your head before you can go to the gym and hit it hard.

    That said, personally, I would not make the decision to pull carbs out completely (or almost completely with the exception of veggies). I "might" do this for short periods of time broken up with carb refeeds. Make sure you are getting adequate fat intake - at least 15% of your total calories should come from fat.

    If I were so far behind that I have to take drastic measures to get ready, personally I would rather choose a different show. The problem with dieting so hard (naturally, I am assuming) is that you will sacrifice substantial muscle to move the fat needed to get shredded. ANd then whats the point in showing up less than your best. The main problem for you is that the season is coming to an end so you pretty much have to suck it up and diet hard or wait until March/April.
    Probably one of the best posts I have seen in a long time right here!

    NYbodybuilder- I can totally relate. My first show I ever did I was in your exact same position. I did the same thing too. All protein and veggies...tons of cardio. I fell apart I lost a ton of muscle and could never fill out for my show. Even then I feel such drastic dieting really doesn't help get the fat off that much better. I had to switch what show I was going to do 2-3 times! I was originally gonna compete the first weekend in august. I ended up actually competing the last weekend in November (yes I dieted through thanksgiving and it was 3 months longer then originally planned). Point is I really feel Sean gave you some solid advice and I would consider it...good luck bro!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Well, I will say that bodybuilding is a very difficult sport in this regard. You are constantly battling your mind. Sometimes thats due to the fact that you are fuller and harder some days and softer and deflated on others. But most of it is due to "dieters brain" and it simply the fact that you are starving for glucose. Dieting changes you emotionally and mentally and your state can be likened to a woman on PMS sometimes. Seriously. You have to come to understand that the battle has to be won in your head before you can go to the gym and hit it hard.

    That said, personally, I would not make the decision to pull carbs out completely (or almost completely with the exception of veggies). I "might" do this for short periods of time broken up with carb refeeds. Make sure you are getting adequate fat intake - at least 15% of your total calories should come from fat.

    If I were so far behind that I have to take drastic measures to get ready, personally I would rather choose a different show. The problem with dieting so hard (naturally, I am assuming) is that you will sacrifice substantial muscle to move the fat needed to get shredded. ANd then whats the point in showing up less than your best. The main problem for you is that the season is coming to an end so you pretty much have to suck it up and diet hard or wait until March/April.
    Thanks i appreciate the response,What happened was i was on track doing great story short im on antibiotics and they blew me up with water weight and its been a few days and im still watery.My coach says it can be done so were pressing todo it,Im assuminh ill know about 2 weeks out if im ready,But this put my motivation low and the no carbs aint helping so well see.Like u said theres not another show till march which is good bc i can still can compete as teen there but im pushing for this one!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Probably one of the best posts I have seen in a long time right here!

    !
    Thanks Ben.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYbodybuilder View Post
    Thanks i appreciate the response,What happened was i was on track doing great story short im on antibiotics and they blew me up with water weight and its been a few days and im still watery.My coach says it can be done so were pressing todo it,Im assuminh ill know about 2 weeks out if im ready,But this put my motivation low and the no carbs aint helping so well see.Like u said theres not another show till march which is good bc i can still can compete as teen there but im pushing for this one!
    Well, March is a long ways out. But if you arent ready for the one next month, I think you will find that waiting is best. As long as you can maintain your current condition thru the holidays you can pick your diet up in January and come down nice and slow with plenty of carbs to fuel your fat burning efforts. Perhaps you will be ready early and be one of the elite who actually diets into striated glute territory and then has time to slowly turn up the carbs and fill out nicely. Thats the strategy that WINS competitions.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Thanks Ben.



    Well, March is a long ways out. But if you arent ready for the one next month, I think you will find that waiting is best. As long as you can maintain your current condition thru the holidays you can pick your diet up in January and come down nice and slow with plenty of carbs to fuel your fat burning efforts. Perhaps you will be ready early and be one of the elite who actually diets into striated glute territory and then has time to slowly turn up the carbs and fill out nicely. Thats the strategy that WINS competitions.

    Nice thinking Sean that was the original plan but things didn't work out to well,Me and my coach decided if we can pick things up and get me in decent conditioning ill go ahead and do the show.Ill keep you guys updated

    Thanks again

  21. OK, how about some full blown off season MASS-TASTIC pics. Here I am in all my white, unshaven glory. LOL! These pics were just taken. I was 173 lbs this morning. My morning depleted low was 161.5 lbs going into my last competition that was 14 weeks ago. I had let my weight rise pretty quickly post competition until I felt better hormonally and ive been holding here for about 6 weeks now. I am hoping to continue holding my weight here until Christmas and start cutting shortly afterward into the Tournament of Champions in April.









    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  22. Looking leannnnnnnn for "off season"! Crazy biceps too. Nice work man you look good!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Looking leannnnnnnn for "off season"! Crazy biceps too. Nice work man you look good!
    Thanks man. Im trying to stay lean.....its hard though. Im naturally a fat guy so staying sub 10% BF is a chore for me. Gotta set me eyes on the prize in April to keep me in line.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  24. Welcome to AM bud!
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  25. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Welcome to AM bud!
    Thanks man. Im liking it here so far.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  26. Hey Sean got another Q if you dont mind

    When do you start cutting sodium out?Im currently 4 weeks out this is my diet


    Veggies with each meal if i want,My coach also giving me carb/fat up when needed

    m1-40g whey protein blend
    m2-1 cup egg whites
    m3-8oz ground turkey
    m4-8oz ground turkey
    m5-50mg whey iso
    m6-8oz ground turkey

    Basically everything is low sodium expect im using alot of ketchup,When should i be cutting that out exactly

  27. Beeeeeeeeeaaaassssstttttt!

    Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    OK, how about some full blown off season MASS-TASTIC pics. Here I am in all my white, unshaven glory. LOL! These pics were just taken. I was 173 lbs this morning. My morning depleted low was 161.5 lbs going into my last competition that was 14 weeks ago. I had let my weight rise pretty quickly post competition until I felt better hormonally and ive been holding here for about 6 weeks now. I am hoping to continue holding my weight here until Christmas and start cutting shortly afterward into the Tournament of Champions in April.









    BigGunn~"Just happy to be invited to the party!"
    Nutrigenomics Research Company [www.Cabergolean.com]

  28. Quote Originally Posted by NYbodybuilder View Post
    Hey Sean got another Q if you dont mind

    When do you start cutting sodium out?Im currently 4 weeks out this is my diet


    Veggies with each meal if i want,My coach also giving me carb/fat up when needed

    m1-40g whey protein blend
    m2-1 cup egg whites
    m3-8oz ground turkey
    m4-8oz ground turkey
    m5-50mg whey iso
    m6-8oz ground turkey

    Basically everything is low sodium expect im using alot of ketchup,When should i be cutting that out exactly
    I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.......did I mention unequivocally "never" cut my sodium out? Seriously, cutting sodium is a sure fire way to come in deflated and flat. People demonize sodium and avoid it like the plague on show day (along with water) and then wonder why they looked so much better LAST weekend when they were loading sodium in heaps and mounds. Sodium drives carbohydrates (and water) INTO the cells. Sure, an excessive spike of sodium can make you hold interstitially but we want water INSIDE our muscle cells or we look very flat. My peak week protocol keeps sodium at a constant level because its the "swinging" that can cause some interstitial holding. The body is VERY, VERY adaptive and studies show that no matter what your sodium intake is, blood sodium levels remain constant. This means the body does what it needs to remain at homeostasis in regard to sodium levels. Crank it up and the body will excrete it, drop it down and the body will hold it.

    Ive got two pics.....first pic was taken at a show after my failed experiment with sodium depletion and the second pic taken with sodium cranking at 6000 mgs per day for weeks leading up to the pic. Water intake was very high in both.

    Also, I dont want to step on anyone's toes, but unless you are using fatty ground turkey and loads of vegetables you are really low on fat and carbohydrates. This would be OK if your refeeds are pretty regular but be careful of dropping your calories that low for real long periods of time. It might net you a good amount of "weight" loss.....but as bb'ers we want "FAT" loss. Just my $.02 on the diet.....



    .

    Obviously, I am holding a ton of water in this second pic because of high sodium and water intake



    Oh, and heres a third picture of me on the floor of the chinese restaurant after I had cut all my sodium out and then rapidly reintroduced it via General Tsaos Chicken. Kind of funny looking back....but very dangerous......and in hindsight totally ineffective.

    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

  29. Thanks Sean then I guess I can still enjoy my ketchup,and looking diced and fuller in that 2nd pic!

    Useing 99% fat free ground turkey and veggirs are low,my waist is shrinking and havent noticed any muscle loss,Ill prob start a log on here in a week or so
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Introducing myself....
    By SonicSWOLE in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 11:31 PM
  2. O/T Just Introducing
    By WOT in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
  3. introducing myself....new to ph's
    By getsum27 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Log in
Log in