Introducing myself....

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. I am familiar with his UD2.0 book but I never read it nor really felt a desire to read it. The diet seemed too extreme with an over intensive carb refeeds and I am not really looking to make captain crunch pancakes and shove all sorts of carb dense processed junk foods down my throat.

But if it has a good section on leptin I might pick it up and give it a read sometime.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Wow looks like I missed a lot. I forgot what this thread was lol.

Anyway, yea america goes with the money. Logical for a power looking to stay in power. Sad though. By the year 2030 50% of america will be obese. Man.

Anyway, lyles stuff is interesting but he is not one to practice what he preaches and doesn't get much respect. Kinda like the how the guy who invented crossfit looks like a couch potato. He had good info, but I wouldn't consider him a role model.

UD 2.0 was good for aesthetics but the drop in performance i had due to so many carb type intolerances I have made the carb up almost impossible. Try eating 1400g in white potatoes... With a damaged gi track that's not happening. Tried for 8 weeks. All I got was constipated and horrible lifting days due to being bloated in my gut. SFLP seems to be a good read. Don't have it though.

Judojosh. You should read brocrimptin. I think that's what it is called. . That's a good one.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post

Judojosh. You should read brocrimptin. I think that's what it is called. . That's a good one.
    Bromocriptine? If so then yes I have the book and it is one of my future reads
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

Bromocriptine? If so then yes I have the book and it is one of my future reads
    Yea that's the one. Lol.

It's pretty good info regarding leptin
    RecoverBro ELITE

5. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I am familiar with his UD2.0 book but I never read it nor really felt a desire to read it. The diet seemed too extreme with an over intensive carb refeeds and I am not really looking to make captain crunch pancakes and shove all sorts of carb dense processed junk foods down my throat.

But if it has a good section on leptin I might pick it up and give it a read sometime.
    I havent gotten to the details of the carb up period. I was unaware that he recommended eating captain crunch, etc. If so, i would disagree that you NEED to eat any type of specific carb to achieve the desired result. I have heard it argued by many UD2 dieters that high-glycemic carbs should comprise the majority of the first half of your carb up. I dont know how much merit there is to that either. Regardless, I have no problem with "processed" foods but I make a point of keeping them the minority in my diet. I eat a lot of pancake mix, some cereals, granola bars, etc. But the majority of my carbs come from sweet potatos, oats, and veggies. But then again, I go by the "if it fits your macros" philosophy. Once your micro-nutrition needs are met, I dont know that it benefits you significantly to overemphasize whole foods to the exclusion of all "processed" foods. BTW, I am putting "processed" in quotes because I am assuming by using that word, you mean anything coming in a pre-packaged container. In reality, there isnt much out there that isnt processed to some degree before it hits our mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Wow looks like I missed a lot. I forgot what this thread was lol.

Anyway, yea america goes with the money. Logical for a power looking to stay in power. Sad though. By the year 2030 50% of america will be obese. Man.

Anyway, lyles stuff is interesting but he is not one to practice what he preaches and doesn't get much respect. Kinda like the how the guy who invented crossfit looks like a couch potato. He had good info, but I wouldn't consider him a role model.

UD 2.0 was good for aesthetics but the drop in performance i had due to so many carb type intolerances I have made the carb up almost impossible. Try eating 1400g in white potatoes... With a damaged gi track that's not happening. Tried for 8 weeks. All I got was constipated and horrible lifting days due to being bloated in my gut. SFLP seems to be a good read. Don't have it though.

Eh.....I dont put much stock in the way someone looks. I know thats a big deal to many people, hence the reason why supplement manu's use bodybuilders in their advertisements. BUt I am much more interested in the content of what the guys says. Again, I havent read the whole book yet, but so far he seems like he knows his stuff.

As for the white potatos, I did an entire carb load for a show one time on white potatoes. I ate 8 lbs of them over two days. I had already learned prior to the load that it was the skins that caused my GI tract to go insane with bloating and gas. I peeled all 8 lbs of the potatos and I was totally fine. No digestion issues in the least. Not saying this is the case for you, but you might give it a try if you havent already.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com
    •   

6. Yea I don't eat any potato skins.
    They have all the plant lectins. Basically inflammatory stuff.
    RecoverBro ELITE

7. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Yea I don't eat any potato skins.
    They have all the plant lectins. Basically inflammatory stuff.
    But you miss all that good fiber that keeps the GI down......keeps from spikin dem insulinz.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

8. Whats up Sean have an update on my progress and hoping you can share some last min tips

Here i am 14 days out,Im doing the show 100% no going back!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDEXTyH1Vw

Really gonna go hard with posing practice but any tips you recommend last 2 weeks?

So far i cut out all supplements
    no tap water just bottled
    Only condiment im using is hot sauce n pepper

Also was getting great pumps between the cabergolean preworkout and Ergo-Blitz intra workout ,Review coming up for both of those!

9. Hell of a transformation Vin! Looking good bro!!!
    BigGunn~"Just happy to be invited to the party!"
    Nutrigenomics Research Company [www.Cabergolean.com]

10. Quote Originally Posted by BigGunn View Post
    Hell of a transformation Vin! Looking good bro!!!
    '

Thanks 13 days left to give it my all!Then a long offseason to pack on some muscle!

11. Nice man. You have moved a lot of weight in 14 weeks. And you mentioned it in your blog.....but this is a learning experience so you just have to remember this experience.....what worked and what didnt.....and add that to your base of knowledge. You should get better every competition you do.

As for last minute advice, my advice would be to change as little as possible. You dont hold water in your natural state so there is no need to try and do crazy things to "shed water". You are not going to look dramatically better between monday of peak and saturday show day. It just doesnt work that way. The only thing I change is the amount of carbohydrates i eat. My supplements, water, sodium and other electrolytes stay the same as they were for the previous 30 weeks. Keep the water cranking, sodium, potassium and calcium elevated. Just maintain consistency and focus on the things that matter......like posing, mental attitude, etc. Carbs are the largest factor determining your look on show day. I backload my carbs on friday and saturday but I dont go crazy. If im not horribly depleted, 1000g of carbs spread over two days is plenty. If I were you I might just double your normal intake and play conservative. Better to be a little flat then spilled.

Keep me posted and let me know how you do!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYbodybuilder View Post
    Whats up Sean have an update on my progress and hoping you can share some last min tips

Here i am 14 days out,Im doing the show 100% no going back!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clDEXTyH1Vw

Really gonna go hard with posing practice but any tips you recommend last 2 weeks?

So far i cut out all supplements
    no tap water just bottled
    Only condiment im using is hot sauce n pepper

Also was getting great pumps between the cabergolean preworkout and Ergo-Blitz intra workout ,Review coming up for both of those!
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

12. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Nice man. You have moved a lot of weight in 14 weeks. And you mentioned it in your blog.....but this is a learning experience so you just have to remember this experience.....what worked and what didnt.....and add that to your base of knowledge. You should get better every competition you do.

As for last minute advice, my advice would be to change as little as possible. You dont hold water in your natural state so there is no need to try and do crazy things to "shed water". You are not going to look dramatically better between monday of peak and saturday show day. It just doesnt work that way. The only thing I change is the amount of carbohydrates i eat. My supplements, water, sodium and other electrolytes stay the same as they were for the previous 30 weeks. Keep the water cranking, sodium, potassium and calcium elevated. Just maintain consistency and focus on the things that matter......like posing, mental attitude, etc. Carbs are the largest factor determining your look on show day. I backload my carbs on friday and saturday but I dont go crazy. If im not horribly depleted, 1000g of carbs spread over two days is plenty. If I were you I might just double your normal intake and play conservative. Better to be a little flat then spilled.

Keep me posted and let me know how you do!!
    Thanks alot Sean

this is the game plan from my coach

game plan

"im not loading you you're not lean enough to load we gotta keep you flat and dry"

he said hes gonna load me a little but not much at all,so seems good to me!

13. Quote Originally Posted by NYbodybuilder View Post
    Thanks alot Sean

game plan

"im not loading you you're not lean enough to load we gotta keep you flat and dry"

In reality, you have to be pretty damn lean to notice a significant difference with any peak week strategy. Getting leaner is just a matter of dieting longer (and preferably slower to minimize muscle loss). My first show I dieted for 13 weeks and realized I needed to be much leaner to be real competitive. My next show was about 20 weeks of dieting. The show(s) where I won my pro card I had 25-30 weeks of dieting in prior. And I still wasnt happy with my level of leanness. It just takes time to figure it all out. Youre doing great.....just keep your eye on the prize and get ready to have some fun.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

14. Quote Originally Posted by NYbodybuilder View Post
    Thanks alot Sean

game plan

Smart! Definitely a good move..that last minute crap just doesn't work like it's supposed to

15. Strength is still on the rise! I got 435 X 6 for sumo deadlifts last night. Heres my workout:

HAMSTRING AND GLUTE TRAINING:

SUMO DL's

Warm ups:
    135 X alot
    225 X 12
    315 X 8
    365 X 6
    405 X 3

Working set: 435 X 6

ROMANIAN DL's

275 X 12

SMITH SPLIT SQUATS:

225 X 15
    275 X 10

LEG CURLS

105 X 8
    120 X 8
    135 X 4, drop X 2, drop X 2

STRETCH/ROLL - 15 min.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

16. I had another nice leg session last night. Pumped up on Ergo......felt real good. Im starting to diet down for the Tournament of Champions in April. I am about 15 lbs over my depleted stage weight so I have a solid 15-20 weeks of dieting in front of me to get shredded. Im planning on a bit of a loose schedule through the holidays that will include some big depletion days so I can eat relatively freely at holiday gatherings and still allow me to drop 3-5 lbs over the next 6 weeks. Then, ill be going deep into prep mode hitting my numbers every day right after Christmas.

LEG HYPERTROPHY - QUAD FOCUS

LEG PRESS
    9 PPS X 8
    8 PPS X 12
    8 PPS X 12
    6 PPS X 20 (head was spinning after this set)

LEG EXTENSION

3/4 stack X 12 X 3 sets

10 min cardio cool down, 15 min stretch and roll......Done and Done.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

17. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    I had another nice leg session last night. Pumped up on Ergo......felt real good. Im starting to diet down for the Tournament of Champions in April. I am about 15 lbs over my depleted stage weight so I have a solid 15-20 weeks of dieting in front of me to get shredded. Im planning on a bit of a loose schedule through the holidays that will include some big depletion days so I can eat relatively freely at holiday gatherings and still allow me to drop 3-5 lbs over the next 6 weeks. Then, ill be going deep into prep mode hitting my numbers every day right after Christmas.

LEG HYPERTROPHY - QUAD FOCUS

LEG PRESS
    9 PPS X 8
    8 PPS X 12
    8 PPS X 12
    6 PPS X 20 (head was spinning after this set)

LEG EXTENSION

3/4 stack X 12 X 3 sets

10 min cardio cool down, 15 min stretch and roll......Done and Done.
    Is the goal for you to be losing around 1lb a week?

18. Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Is the goal for you to be losing around 1lb a week?
    Yes, I am actually 22 weeks out and 15 lbs over. It would be great if I could lose 15 lbs in 15 weeks, but i know the last 3-5 lbs are the real challenge and will most likely be coming off in dribs and drabs at the end. Im hoping to come in another pound leaner than last june though so I know its going to prove even more difficult. The big advantage i have this time around is that im starting my prep considerably leaner than I ever have before. However, I dont know that my metabolism has completely recovered from my last prep.....so its gonna be interesting. Worst case, if im not completely shredded by APril, I can compete in June.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

19. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Yes, I am actually 22 weeks out and 15 lbs over. It would be great if I could lose 15 lbs in 15 weeks, but i know the last 3-5 lbs are the real challenge and will most likely be coming off in dribs and drabs at the end. Im hoping to come in another pound leaner than last june though so I know its going to prove even more difficult. The big advantage i have this time around is that im starting my prep considerably leaner than I ever have before. However, I dont know that my metabolism has completely recovered from my last prep.....so its gonna be interesting. Worst case, if im not completely shredded by APril, I can compete in June.
    That is a very wise move to take your time like this. Do you stay pretty consistent with your weight? Seems like you have a set number in mind just wondering if you stay consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hgh_Peptides View Post
    I'd run hgh frag176 mixed with Cjc-1295....
    1mg of each per day average of each.(arch it)
    Split it into 2 - 3 doses.
    Taper once you hit the goal.
    End the cjc-1295 before the fragment.... (use fragment as PCT ) cut the frag at least a week before the date..... Preferably 2 weeks before...

Did I miss something?

20. Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    That is a very wise move to take your time like this. Do you stay pretty consistent with your weight? Seems like you have a set number in mind just wondering if you stay consistent.

Did I miss something?
    This board has been getting mean spam lately... from bulk vita guys and I guess now... Peptide promoters..
    RecoverBro ELITE

21. Quote Originally Posted by Hgh_Peptides View Post
    I'd run hgh frag176 mixed with Cjc-1295....
    1mg of each per day average of each.(arch it)
    Split it into 2 - 3 doses.
    Taper once you hit the goal.
    End the cjc-1295 before the fragment.... (use fragment as PCT ) cut the frag at least a week before the date..... Preferably 2 weeks before...
    umm.....OK..... I like to use the 5432 superhindy watcha majig with my fragments......by I put it on toast with jam to make it all slide down nice and easy.

Dude, i have NO idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    That is a very wise move to take your time like this. Do you stay pretty consistent with your weight? Seems like you have a set number in mind just wondering if you stay consistent.?
    I have a set rate of gain/loss that I like to stay consistent with and how far out of shape I get is a matter of how much time I have to the next show. My last off season with over a year long so I got 30 lbs out of shape, then cut it off in stages.......one quick mini cut of 10 lbs, then a period of maintenance, then the final 20. But I move very slowly in either direction to minimize fat gain/muscle loss. I dont like to lose more than 1 lb per week.....maybe 1.5-2 lbs per week when I am above 10-12% BF. I dont like to add more than a half pound per week when "bulking".

Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Did I miss something.?
    You and me both.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

22. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    umm.....OK..... I like to use the 5432 superhindy watcha majig with my fragments......by I put it on toast with jam to make it all slide down nice and easy.

Dude, i have NO idea what you are talking about.

I have a set rate of gain/loss that I like to stay consistent with and how far out of shape I get is a matter of how much time I have to the next show. My last off season with over a year long so I got 30 lbs out of shape, then cut it off in stages.......one quick mini cut of 10 lbs, then a period of maintenance, then the final 20. But I move very slowly in either direction to minimize fat gain/muscle loss. I dont like to lose more than 1 lb per week.....maybe 1.5-2 lbs per week when I am above 10-12% BF. I dont like to add more than a half pound per week when "bulking".

You and me both.
    Solid plan! I think it is awesome you have it under that much control. I have NO clue where I am going to end up next year and I hate that.

And hahaha at your response to the peptide comment! Put it on toast with some jam haha

23. So t-giving week wasnt a total disaster. At the very least my weight remained the same. I might have lost a half pound. Hard to tell because I am a little bound up....must be that turkey backlogging everything down there. I dont know.

I started a couple of experiments today. One of them was sparked by a comment my father made about his bad knee. He said he has noticed a correlation between diet soda and the pain in his joints. Could be total placebo type of a thing but I figured I might do some playing with artificial sweeteners. I cut out all artificial sweeteners this week (well, for at least 3-4 days). No protein powder, no splenda in coffee, no jello, no pre-workout drinks, etc. Im gonna see if it makes any difference at all in my hip/low back pain. Im still having a good amount of trouble, especially on my left side. I can work through it but I have to warm up and stretch for a solid 30 minutes before I can train heavy. So, this is just a whim, but I figure why not.

The other experiment im running is a little carb cycling with a little UD2.0 mentality of doing big depletion days on my low carb days and then massive carb ups on my heavy training days. Right now im just doing 3 days at 100g of carb, then a big 600g carb up, then 3 moderate carb days. Again, just playing a little bit but we'll see what I learn.

BTW, I nailed a PR of 440 X 6 (at 174ish lbs) on sumo deadlifts the other day.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

24. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    So t-giving week wasnt a total disaster. At the very least my weight remained the same. I might have lost a half pound. Hard to tell because I am a little bound up....must be that turkey backlogging everything down there. I dont know.

I started a couple of experiments today. One of them was sparked by a comment my father made about his bad knee. He said he has noticed a correlation between diet soda and the pain in his joints. Could be total placebo type of a thing but I figured I might do some playing with artificial sweeteners. I cut out all artificial sweeteners this week (well, for at least 3-4 days). No protein powder, no splenda in coffee, no jello, no pre-workout drinks, etc. Im gonna see if it makes any difference at all in my hip/low back pain. Im still having a good amount of trouble, especially on my left side. I can work through it but I have to warm up and stretch for a solid 30 minutes before I can train heavy. So, this is just a whim, but I figure why not.

The other experiment im running is a little carb cycling with a little UD2.0 mentality of doing big depletion days on my low carb days and then massive carb ups on my heavy training days. Right now im just doing 3 days at 100g of carb, then a big 600g carb up, then 3 moderate carb days. Again, just playing a little bit but we'll see what I learn.

BTW, I nailed a PR of 440 X 6 (at 174ish lbs) on sumo deadlifts the other day.
    Nice lift! Keep us posted on your experiments. I would be interested to see if there is a correlation between artificial sweeteners! You could definitely be on to something

25. Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Nice lift! Keep us posted on your experiments. I would be interested to see if there is a correlation between artificial sweeteners! You could definitely be on to something
    Well I went without art sweets for a few days and noticed no difference in the way I felt. BY slicing my carbs and upping my fats I did confirm that which I already kind of new.....im very carb dependent. I actually gained a bit of weight......most likely from a change in hormonal environment or something. Other than that I cant explain it, but as soon as I hit a big refeed of 500g of carbs, the weight dropped back off. I may play around with small cycles in the future.....like a day at 100g and then the next at 300 or something. But its probably all just overcomplicating it......its much easier just to hit the same target no's every day.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

26. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Well I went without art sweets for a few days and noticed no difference in the way I felt. BY slicing my carbs and upping my fats I did confirm that which I already kind of new.....im very carb dependent. I actually gained a bit of weight......most likely from a change in hormonal environment or something. Other than that I cant explain it, but as soon as I hit a big refeed of 500g of carbs, the weight dropped back off. I may play around with small cycles in the future.....like a day at 100g and then the next at 300 or something. But its probably all just overcomplicating it......its much easier just to hit the same target no's every day.
    Over complicated? Yep! That's what we do though hahaha. I actually just dropped the carbs myself from 400 a day to 200 a day and kept fats and proteins the same. I gained weight! Very interesting

27. Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Over complicated? Yep! That's what we do though hahaha. I actually just dropped the carbs myself from 400 a day to 200 a day and kept fats and proteins the same. I gained weight! Very interesting
    Yea, there are so many factors at play. Day to day weight loss and gain is very hard to meter when you throw in the variable of carbs oscillating up and down. I think hormonal water retention can really mess with you....or even fluctuations in sodium, bowel weight, etc. Theres a lot going on and thats why its important to pay attention to the big picture.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

28. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Yea, there are so many factors at play. Day to day weight loss and gain is very hard to meter when you throw in the variable of carbs oscillating up and down. I think hormonal water retention can really mess with you....or even fluctuations in sodium, bowel weight, etc. Theres a lot going on and thats why its important to pay attention to the big picture.
    Definitely true! I have been much more consistent lately (pertaining to my carbs) and this is really helping. I have the carbs pretty low (200-250). I just thought it was interesting that I cut about 1,000 calories from my diet and yet I am still putting muscle on. The human body is sensitive haha

29. Oh man, this Christmas season has been rougher than anticipated. I know that I have the will power to diet through the parties and fun, but the question is whether i want to make that commitment and trade away that time with family and friends. The answer for me right now is "no". This sport has to come in balance for me because there are too many other important things that demand my attention. That said, my weight has only been "trickling" down at best......in reality its probably pretty much stayed the same. Im at about the 175-176 range right now. The heaviest I saw this off season was 177.5. So its moving but my lack of commitment to a full blown laser-focus diet is not there. Im hitting my numbers about 4-5 days a week and then loosening the reigns on the weekends a bit. We had a dinner party at our house on Fri night with about 25 people or so. I was pretty good until desert came out and then I wound up having about a half dozen christmas cookies and a half bottle of wine. And there goes this weeks weight loss. Looks like I broke about even. But I enjoyed the party and made some progress in the gym......I hit a PR the next morning (yesterday) on smith machine military press. I got 260 lbs for 6 reps! Booyea!

So.....ive pretty much made up my mind that im going to coast through december at worst ill break even on my weight staying around 175ish. Then I will have 5+ months to move about 15 lbs and get ready for the WNBF Pro American in Mass. June 6th. Giddyup!
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder

30. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Oh man, this Christmas season has been rougher than anticipated. I know that I have the will power to diet through the parties and fun, but the question is whether i want to make that commitment and trade away that time with family and friends. The answer for me right now is "no". This sport has to come in balance for me because there are too many other important things that demand my attention. That said, my weight has only been "trickling" down at best......in reality its probably pretty much stayed the same. Im at about the 175-176 range right now. The heaviest I saw this off season was 177.5. So its moving but my lack of commitment to a full blown laser-focus diet is not there. Im hitting my numbers about 4-5 days a week and then loosening the reigns on the weekends a bit. We had a dinner party at our house on Fri night with about 25 people or so. I was pretty good until desert came out and then I wound up having about a half dozen christmas cookies and a half bottle of wine. And there goes this weeks weight loss. Looks like I broke about even. But I enjoyed the party and made some progress in the gym......I hit a PR the next morning (yesterday) on smith machine military press. I got 260 lbs for 6 reps! Booyea!

So.....ive pretty much made up my mind that im going to coast through december at worst ill break even on my weight staying around 175ish. Then I will have 5+ months to move about 15 lbs and get ready for the WNBF Pro American in Mass. June 6th. Giddyup!
    5 months is plenty of time! Glad you are enjoying the holidays I always felt it was important to do so
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Introducing myself....
    By SonicSWOLE in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 11:31 PM
  2. O/T Just Introducing
    By WOT in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
  3. introducing myself....new to ph's
    By getsum27 in forum General Chat