HP-50X Digital Scale

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I got this about a week and a half ago or so, and I'll tell ya I sure don't know how I did without it. I have used the hell outta this thing. Its great to know exactly how much of a product I'm stuffing into a capsule. In some cases I had quite a bit more than I intended. Ii might just pay for itself over time. And its a bargain to begin with!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Thanks for the review, I love mine too! It's great for getting small amounts like 100mg of various powders into one capsule. (Homebrew of Grapeseed Extract, Coleus, Green Tea and Raspberry Ketones)I've gone through 3 battery reloads on my digital scale :)
Regarding the batteries, for me they cost way too much at the local computer store. I keep telling myself to order 20 from Ebay from the cost of 2 batteries in the store lol.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I figured out that if you put a coffee filter on it, then turn it on, it calibrates to Zero, then put your sup into the filter until you get the desired weight. Works great for larger amounts of powder that might otherwise spill off the flat scale.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I figured out that if you put a coffee filter on it, then turn it on, it calibrates to Zero, then put your sup into the filter until you get the desired weight. Works great for larger amounts of powder that might otherwise spill off the flat scale.
I use the small round ziploc containers. The fit on top perfectly, then I snap on the lid and give the contents a good mix to get it all even.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Nice ideas, guys. I may get some more bulk powders to play with. I like my scale alot for the bit of capping I do, but it came with dead batteries. :p

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had a good scale, I bought one at a flee market where they were selling weird vases with pictures of grateful dead bears on them.....Anyway the thing can be really unreliable sometimes.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I use the small round ziploc containers. The fit on top perfectly, then I snap on the lid and give the contents a good mix to get it all even.

I think I like your idea better than mine! I'll give that a try next time I do a combo cap.