Bulk BCAAs

AM07

Awards
  • Established
What is the ingredient profile for one serving of NP bulk BCAAs? How many servings are in the 500 gram container? And how do you measure out a single serving, one teaspoon?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the ingredient profile for one serving of NP bulk BCAAs? How many servings are in the 500 gram container? And how do you measure out a single serving, one teaspoon?
The ingredient profile is the standard 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine.

Since it is a bulk powder, one serving is however much you chose to dose. If your desired serving sized is 5g, a 500g container will thus yield 100 servings.

To measure it out, the density is labelled on the side of the container (I believe 1/4tsp = 400mg) therefore a tsp will yield approx 1.6g . A tablespoon would be just shy of 5g, and for higher doses scale or up use a digital scale.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
So if one were to use a tablespoon, it would consist of 2.5g Leucine, 1.25g Isoleucine, and 1.25g Valine, correct?

I've heard BCAAs taste pretty bad when mixed with water. If 3-4 tablespoons of bulk BCAAs were mixed with 1-2 scoops Xtend, would the bulk BCAAs really change the taste of the Xtend?

Newlife4me

Newlife4me

Axis Labs Rep
Awards
So if one were to use a tablespoon, it would consist of 2.5g Leucine, 1.25g Isoleucine, and 1.25g Valine, correct?

I've heard BCAAs taste pretty bad when mixed with water. If 3-4 tablespoons of bulk BCAAs were mixed with 1-2 scoops Xtend, would the bulk BCAAs really change the taste of the Xtend?
I've always mixed any bulk with the little packets of crystal light, seems to mask the flavors of the powder pretty well and it's affordable.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i've mixed nutra's bulk bcaa w/xtend.
it tastes fine.
xtend's flavor system is quite strong imo.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
i've mixed nutra's bulk bcaa w/xtend.
it tastes fine.
xtend's flavor system is quite strong imo.
Thats my method as well. If I run out of Xtend I will mix the BCAA mix in crystal light (if thats not a concern).

**Edit. Looks like me and new are on the same page.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. If bulk BCAAs and Xtend are the same price for a kilo, why do people get bulk BCAAs?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. If bulk BCAAs and Xtend are the same price for a kilo, why do people get bulk BCAAs?
hard to argue that logic!
ever since xtend has been on sale i havnen't used bulk bcaas.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
There is a little bit of a higher concentration of the actual BCAA in the kilo vs Xtend per 5 grams (because Xtend has added ingredients.) Its not a huge difference but if your looking for more actually BCAA the mix works well.

Your good to go either way really though (a mix or pure Xtend since Nutra's Xtend price is ridiculous.)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xtend is such a great deal that I also haven't bought bulk BCAA's since the price dropped. I also cut down on BCAA's heavily, but now that I'm on a summer cut they're getting used a bit more.

I also like mixing my bulk BCAA's with Green Mag as an intra-workout drink. It helps them dissolve quite well, and I add in a bit extra BA and it's perfect.