Let's get this straight people......

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
With the rising to prominence of supps such as DCP, AP, and Recreate, there is a lot of talk about what carbs to take in for pre/during/post workout.....This is a "no-brainer." Instead of going for gatorade (high fructose corn syrup, yuck), or some other bs carb source, I have been using a blend of NP's Kwick Karb and bulk dextrose. Really inexpensive but SOOOOOO effective....Throw in some bulk l-glutamine, creatine, taurine, and bcaa's and watch yourself transform in a matter of weeks..

The time is now to get JACKKKEEEDD....Summer is coming and the shirts are coming off brothers:djparty:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This man speaks hordes of truth.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have always been sensitive to simple hi gi stuff and could never ever use dextrose or malto without getting fat.

I have in the last several weeks to a month or so been using AP (along with a few of USPlabs other goodies) and a pre workout drink of BCAA/BA/Luecine/Mono and 30g Waxi Maze. I repeat that post workout.

60 whopping grams of sugar (well technically whatever Waxi Maze is) had me horrified that i would get fat, smooth and bloated.

On the contrary...I am putting on weight, leaning out and more vascular than every. Not to mention that I eat carbs more throughout the day. I may manage to get in a total of 150g or more (huge amount for me) in the combination of complex carbs and the WM and two to three AP over those meals. I can eat more throughout the entire day and still am leaning out.

I'm already getting jacked and it's only spring time...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm already getting jacked and it's only spring time...
Careful there...you might use up your whole ration of jackedness for the year too early.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i'm a carb-o-phobic myself.

but after reading B's review as well as several others i'm considering upping my carbs with the help of p-slin and ap.

i'm just scared to make the jump to a new routine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm a carb-o-phobic myself.

but after reading B's review as well as several others i'm considering upping my carbs with the help of p-slin and ap.

i'm just scared to make the jump to a new routine.
I'm much ike B...very sensitive to carb intake. I get the same results as B (both negative, from Malto/Dex and positive from Kwik Karb.)

Goose

Goose

Awards
How are the thoughts on ground oats as opposed to WMS?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are the thoughts on ground oats as opposed to WMS?
Great carb source...different timing.

I use WMS during workout..sometimes immediately post workout, and ground oats at other crucial times (upon waking, pre-bed).

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
nice new avy shot dsade!
your arm looks HUGE!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The clinical cure for carbophobia is literally AP and P-Slin imo. I am petrified of taking in appreciable amounts of carbs before bed but will be giving it a go in the future with the help of AP.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice new avy shot dsade!
your arm looks HUGE!
Taken yesterday after a decent tricep workout - with Xtend/Kwik Karb...rapidly approaching the 20 inch mark!!!!!!

My workout routine and regimen are finally kicking all angles...and today I added in NOxidant, which should further boost.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I was gonna say! Them tri's are looking SWOLE, brother!

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
I'm much ike B...very sensitive to carb intake. I get the same results as B (both negative, from Malto/Dex and positive from Kwik Karb.)

Same experience I've had too. WMS kicks all kinds of ass IMO, especially with P-slin involved.

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Carb sources are far from a no brainer, IMO. People react differently to carbs so some may like dex while others don't. Could be due to phenotype or the general variance amongst individuals. But people usually have a preference towards a a certain high GI carb. It's almost like creatine where some swear by one form while others detest it. I say just buy all the various carb source at NP and see which ones work best for you. Sam will appreciate it too.

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
With the rising to prominence of supps such as DCP, AP, and Recreate, there is a lot of talk about what carbs to take in for pre/during/post workout.....This is a "no-brainer." Instead of going for gatorade (high fructose corn syrup, yuck), or some other bs carb source, I have been using a blend of NP's Kwick Karb and bulk dextrose. Really inexpensive but SOOOOOO effective....Throw in some bulk l-glutamine, creatine, taurine, and bcaa's and watch yourself transform in a matter of weeks..

The time is now to get JACKKKEEEDD....Summer is coming and the shirts are coming off brothers:djparty:

What percentage of KK to dextrose is optimal?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I used to use dextrose/malto postworkout. It made me sick feeling and fattier than normal. I switched to NP's Kwick Karb and will never go back. Maybe I'll try dextrose/KK mixed b/c dextrose is cheaper, but seriously, WMS is much better in my opinion. I don't seem to be as fatty around the midsection when I take it and I have zero stomach problems or that sick feeling of drinking too much sugar, like with dextrose.

All hail WMS / Kwick Karb!