Very unsatisfied...

jth18

jth18

Awards
Wasn't sure if this is the right place to put, but it is a review...
On March 4th I placed an order at Nutraplanet.com. Here I am, 15 days later, with no package and no working tracking number. I was notified 10 days after placing my order that one of the items I had tried to purchase was backordered. The site never said anything about any of my items being backordered. I made sure of this because, I at the time was 7 weeks out of competition and needed a Whey protein isolate powder with no sugar or fats. I even checked the item the day I recieved the e-mail that said it was backordered, and it still didn't say anything about it.

The same day I recieve a tracking number and notification that my items had been shipped. I know how USPS works. You can notify them of a package prior to actually giving it to them, which is what the case was, and still is five days later. When I track my package it still reads, "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved" meaning, no package has been given to them yet, but they will be expecting one under that tracking number.

Due to the delay in my package I have been forced into using Wal-mart brand protein and other higher sugar/fat protein powders, which is very aggitating to me after dieting now for almost 23 weeks. Needless to say, I'm unsatisfied with Nutraplanet. I haven't dealt with them before, so I don't know if this is a common practice of theirs.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Newlife4me

Newlife4me

Axis Labs Rep
Awards
On March 4th I placed an order at Nutraplanet.com. Here I am, 15 days later, with no package and no working tracking number. I was notified 10 days after placing my order that one of the items I had tried to purchase was backordered. The site never said anything about any of my items being backordered. I made sure of this because, I at the time was 7 weeks out of competition and needed a Whey protein isolate powder with no sugar or fats. I even checked the item the day I recieved the e-mail that said it was backordered, and it still didn't say anything about it.

The same day I recieve a tracking number and notification that my items had been shipped. I know how USPS works. You can notify them of a package prior to actually giving it to them, which is what the case was, and still is five days later. When I track my package it still reads, "Electronic Shipping Info Recieved" meaning, no package has been given to them yet, but they will be expecting one under that tracking number.

Due to the delay in my package I have been forced into using Wal-mart brand protein and other higher sugar/fat protein powders, which is very aggitating to me after dieting now for almost 23 weeks. Needless to say, I'm unsatisfied with Nutraplanet. I haven't dealt with them before, so I don't know if this is a common practice of theirs.

Well my first thought is this might be better placed in NP section of the boards, second is Did you try and contact anyone from NP to find out what was going on?

Personally I've had nothing but positive experiences with NP and I'm sure other here would say the same thing, it's possible it was an isolated incident. I'd try and contact them and I'm sure they would be able to help you and let you know exactly what happened ect.

Not Knocking ya bud, or saying your wrong and they're right. I'd just suggest next time, try the chains of communication a little more and see what you can find out.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I understand your frustration, but it may have been wise to try to contact them via phone, e-mail, this board, etc.. I figured you would have done this considering the apparent urgency.

edit: I have had nothing but good transactions w/ NP. Heck, I missed a sale by a day and after PMing them, they gave me a $20 gift voucher to make up for it. Top notch crew if you ask me.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Every time I e-mail them regarding an order, they promptly respond within the first 24 hours, or more than likely within a couple hours of you sending them the e-mail granted it's within business hours. Nothing beats the Planet.

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
Don't feel so bad, yesterday I received an order I placed on Jan 25th from one of NP's competitors and I'm 5wks into a pulse.:FUfinger:
I anticipated this because of previous problems so I ordered from 4 different places. Basically doubling up my orders so I don't run out because of a shipping issue. I spend approx 500 a month on supplements so they made it real easy to narrow down who I order from & NP is still one of them. Murphy's law man...it sucks but **** happens.

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
even the best companies sometimes screw the pooch. I am sure they will make it right, they are the real deal, and care about customer service.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
NP is a standup company and they'll help you out if you contact them directly

One time a package I ordered (from somewhere else) was lost in the mail, never to be found again.

Last edited:
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
NP es numero uno!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't feel so bad, yesterday I received an order I placed on Jan 25th from one of NP's competitors and I'm 5wks into a pulse.:FUfinger:
I anticipated this because of previous problems so I ordered from 4 different places. Basically doubling up my orders so I don't run out because of a shipping issue. I spend approx 500 a month on supplements so they made it real easy to narrow down who I order from & NP is still one of them. Murphy's law man...it sucks but **** happens.
.. realistically, who the hell NEEDS $500 in supplements each month ?! How do you have time to choke down $500 worth of pills and powders ? I hope for your sake you get results in return what you're investing, but I can't think of any possible stack of any kind - apart from gH and AAS - that'd cost ya $500/month.. Not even the whole god damn line of of RPN products would cost ya that much !

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
did you call?...if not this thread is completley pointless

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Usually on usps shipments that's the only update you'll get... the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" message. Just so ya know.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Call them, I'm positive they will go above and beyond to make this right.

jth18

jth18

Awards
did you call?...if not this thread is completley pointless
I don't think its pointless to make a review of my experience with a company. If I do a log/review for a supplement, don't like it, and don't call the company, I don't see it as pointless.

It has been solved now. They reimbursed me my shipping cost plus an additional five dollars, so I'm satisfied.
Although, I don't feel it should be my responsibility to contact them if something has gone wrong with my order. Makes sense to me that the company that I made a purchase from should expect nothing more from me than to sit back and get my package. Nevertheless, I think they handled the situation appropriately.

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
.. realistically, who the hell NEEDS $500 in supplements each month ?! How do you have time to choke down $500 worth of pills and powders ? I hope for your sake you get results in return what you're investing, but I can't think of any possible stack of any kind - apart from gH and AAS - that'd cost ya $500/month.. Not even the whole god damn line of of RPN products would cost ya that much !
It's not really about need. I over do everything I'm into, I always have. Sure I could trim it down a bit but why should I? I'm not pinching pennies and I've bled for my money so I've earned the right to spend it. It is a bit of a pain though because I have to carry a pill organizer with me every where I go and I set my watch for all the timings. Where I live everything is expensive so half my protein intake comes from shakes because it's cheaper than real food and I buy a lot of protein bars. In addition my staples include Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Multi, Glucosamine, Creatine, Glutamine, BCAA's & I've recently added PowerFULL & SuperCissus to the list. Throw in some stims & whatever the flavor or flavors of the month are and it gets pricey. I also can't buy anything locally and every order has a $40-$50 shipping cost plus duty. Here are 2 orders I currently have shipping and I'm about to place a third for some staples that are getting low plus some DCP & Leviathan Reloaded for an up coming cut.

NP
Blender Bottle x2
Green Magnitude
Super Cissus Rx
HP-50X Pocket Scale
Ready4War x2
NECTAR PROTEIN x3
$288.80

Competitor
Super EPA Double Strength
Gut Health x2
Flax Oil
Super Cissus RX
NECTAR PROTEIN
ANABOLIC PUMP x2
Post Cycle Support
Paravol x2
$310.28

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow @ 500 dollars a month! Even at 150 a month I had money to search for **** :) Of course, it's your cash so spend it like ya want. Just send some product my whey :p

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I don't think its pointless to make a review of my experience with a company. If I do a log/review for a supplement, don't like it, and don't call the company, I don't see it as pointless.

It has been solved now. They reimbursed me my shipping cost plus an additional five dollars, so I'm satisfied.
Although, I don't feel it should be my responsibility to contact them if something has gone wrong with my order. Makes sense to me that the company that I made a purchase from should expect nothing more from me than to sit back and get my package. Nevertheless, I think they handled the situation appropriately.
If this were only a perfect world... Nutra has extremely excellent customer service but no company is perfect. Is it really that much trouble for you to send an email or make a quick phone call? I mean you took the effort to make a post about it. If you applied that same effort to sending an email you would probably have had your stuff a long time ago.

jth18

jth18

Awards
If this were only a perfect world... Nutra has extremely excellent customer service but no company is perfect. Is it really that much trouble for you to send an email or make a quick phone call? I mean you took the effort to make a post about it. If you applied that same effort to sending an email you would probably have had your stuff a long time ago.
Didn't read my post so well?
The product had been backordered, but it didn't say that on the products page. I was sent an e-mail 10 days after purchasing the item that it was backordered. I could e-mail them all day, that wouldn't have changed anything. They shipped the item as soon as they recieved it.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have made countless orders with Nutraplanet and have NEVER had a bad experience. The few times there were questions or potential issues I simply emailed or called them and the solution was virtually immediate. Hell sometimes I think they ship my stuff before I order it LOL!!

You are certainly within your rights to express your thoughts but I sure hope you offered NP the courtesy of a phonecall or direct email in that 15 day span of time before posting.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Didn't read my post so well?
The product had been backordered, but it didn't say that on the products page. I was sent an e-mail 10 days after purchasing the item that it was backordered. I could e-mail them all day, that wouldn't have changed anything. They shipped the item as soon as they recieved it.
I read your post just fine. after 48hrs of placing my order, if i had not recieved a functional tracking number, i would have contacted them. They could have shipped the rest of your order and you could have placed an order else where for the protein or what ever it was that was delaying your order. You would have been far more prepared and you wouldnt have had to resort to lesser powder

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I order soley from NP all the time but honestly lets not give the guy a hard time for expressing his opinion of something.

I like his example of a product review, maybe someones diet on a product was flawed and messed with results. Regardless it was their results and experience and he is entitled to express that.

JTH18 I would honestly give them another try next time you do order because they have always been good to me and it seems that you may have had that 1 in a 1000 problems that EVERY business has.

No ones perfect.

-also, FOOFAC please let me know where you work becaue I want a job if you can spend 500 a month on supps :head:

Not knocking you at all but you must have a sweet job or a really smart chick on your side with a tits job

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not really about need. I over do everything I'm into, I always have. Sure I could trim it down a bit but why should I? I'm not pinching pennies and I've bled for my money so I've earned the right to spend it. It is a bit of a pain though because I have to carry a pill organizer with me every where I go and I set my watch for all the timings. Where I live everything is expensive so half my protein intake comes from shakes because it's cheaper than real food and I buy a lot of protein bars. In addition my staples include Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Multi, Glucosamine, Creatine, Glutamine, BCAA's & I've recently added PowerFULL & SuperCissus to the list. Throw in some stims & whatever the flavor or flavors of the month are and it gets pricey. I also can't buy anything locally and every order has a $40-$50 shipping cost plus duty. Here are 2 orders I currently have shipping and I'm about to place a third for some staples that are getting low plus some DCP & Leviathan Reloaded for an up coming cut.

NP
Blender Bottle x2
Green Magnitude
Super Cissus Rx
HP-50X Pocket Scale
Ready4War x2
NECTAR PROTEIN x3
$288.80

Competitor
Super EPA Double Strength
Gut Health x2
Flax Oil
Super Cissus RX
NECTAR PROTEIN
ANABOLIC PUMP x2
Post Cycle Support
Paravol x2
$310.28

Are you a sponsored athelete, or are you just rich?. Still, even if I was rich, I couldn't justify spending that much money on un-regulated, un-proven supplements. $500 can get you hmmm,

a new computer
Rent
Groceries
various bills can be paid
Shrink visit to diagnose your Obsessive Compulsive disorder
medication for that disorder
new exercise equipment
Tools
Vehicle Repair
New blender
new cloths
new bed
new couch
book on how to manage your money
money to pay divorce attorney
Trip to Florida

Many more worthwhile things to spend money on then supplements, or as you would probally refer to them - "My pills".....You're only 37 yet you take more pills than an average 80 year old that has to choose between paying for his pills or his food....

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
.. sorry, now I HAVE to pitch in ..

He mentioned that raw foods is real expensive where he is.. Let's be honest here, how expensive can one lbs of chicken get ? ****, get a coupon or buy it on sale when it's $1.78/lbs or go to Sam's or CostCo and get it for $2.49/lbs any time of day. Relying on shakes and protein bars for ones daily caloric intake is not something anyone recommends, but hey, all to themselves so you do what you got to do .. haha..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A little side-note..

FedEx just came a-knocking. I ordered from Nutraplanet on Tuesday evening, they shipped it out on Wednesday, and I got it on my door in CS, Texas in two days.. Can't get much better than that, IMO . . . .

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
I like his example of a product review, maybe someones diet on a product was flawed and messed with results. Regardless it was their results and experience and he is entitled to express that.
Well if you like his comparisonthen...his complaint is like a person writing a bad review about diet pills when their diet isnt completely dialed in.

FOOFAC

FOOFAC

Awards
  • Established
-also, FOOFAC please let me know where you work becaue I want a job if you can spend 500 a month on supps :head:

Not knocking you at all but you must have a sweet job or a really smart chick on your side with a tits job
I'm a murderer/molester tamer. lol
Sweet job it ain't because when I said I've bled for my money I meant that literally not figuratively.

Are you a sponsored athelete, or are you just rich?. Still, even if I was rich, I couldn't justify spending that much money on un-regulated, un-proven supplements. $500 can get you hmmm,

a new computer
Rent
Groceries
various bills can be paid
Shrink visit to diagnose your Obsessive Compulsive disorder
medication for that disorder
new exercise equipment
Tools
Vehicle Repair
New blender
new cloths
new bed
new couch
book on how to manage your money
money to pay divorce attorney
Trip to Florida

Many more worthwhile things to spend money on then supplements, or as you would probally refer to them - "My pills".....You're only 37 yet you take more pills than an average 80 year old that has to choose between paying for his pills or his food....
I don't consider myself rich but I am one of the highest paid at what I do in the country. Most of my co-workers don't reach my pay level because the average burnout rate it 2yrs and I currently have punched 10. I own, as in no mortgage, a 400k home that I recently built in another part of the country where I plan to retire in 3yrs. As I've said I'm not rich but I have worked my ass off since I was 14 and managed my money very well to get to this point which is...freedom 40 beotch. lol

.. sorry, now I HAVE to pitch in ..

He mentioned that raw foods is real expensive where he is.. Let's be honest here, how expensive can one lbs of chicken get ? ****, get a coupon or buy it on sale when it's $1.78/lbs or go to Sam's or CostCo and get it for $2.49/lbs any time of day. Relying on shakes and protein bars for ones daily caloric intake is not something anyone recommends, but hey, all to themselves so you do what you got to do .. haha..
Not trying to be a jerk here guys but I started lifting 25yrs ago, I've managed a gym and was a personal trainer so I don't need nutritional advice. (BTW I know that's not how you meant it) I buy a lot of protein powder & bars out of necessity due to the cost of food where I live plus it's hard to eat real meals in between people trying to stab you. When I get a back up call I can't say sorry I'm eating plus I don't know how long an incident may take to resolve so I carry bars in my pockets and chug shakes when I get a chance but I do average about 3-4 solids a day. BTW I think chicken is around $12/lbs something like that but I can't remember exactly. Here are couple I saw the other day, a bottle of ketchup was $10 and I saw cases of 24 cans of outdated cola on sale for $24. Sound expensive to you...
Geeze I had no fvcking idea I was going to get this kind of response or I never would of posted. Most people don't question what I have to say in person. lol

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't consider myself rich but I am one of the highest paid at what I do in the country. Most of my co-workers don't reach my pay level because the average burnout rate it 2yrs and I currently have punched 10. I own, as in no mortgage, a 400k home that I recently built in another part of the country where I plan to retire in 3yrs. As I've said I'm not rich but I have worked my ass off since I was 14 and managed my money very well to get to this point which is...freedom 40 beotch. lol

Not trying to be a jerk here guys but I started lifting 25yrs ago, I've managed a gym and was a personal trainer so I don't need nutritional advice. (BTW I know that's not how you meant it) I buy a lot of protein powder & bars out of necessity due to the cost of food where I live plus it's hard to eat real meals in between people trying to stab you. When I get a back up call I can't say sorry I'm eating plus I don't know how long an incident may take to resolve so I carry bars in my pockets and chug shakes when I get a chance but I do average about 3-4 solids a day. BTW I think chicken is around $12/lbs something like that but I can't remember exactly. Here are couple I saw the other day, a bottle of ketchup was $10 and I saw cases of 24 cans of outdated cola on sale for $24. Sound expensive to you...
Geeze I had no fvcking idea I was going to get this kind of response or I never would of posted. Most people don't question what I have to say in person. lol
Hey man, with that I will seclude myself to my corner of shame .. ****, props to ya for the work effort and you do what you got to do! [seriously, this time].

[I was unaware you were living out of the country (?).. I lived in Norway myself till I was 15 years old, and now I just got back once every summer. Anyway, 2 X 8oz (1 lbs) patties of skin free/bone free chicken @ the store -> $9 ! So pardon me for having my doubts.. Had I not been working @ a meat packing factory when I go back there, I'd never be able to continue my bodybuilding lifestyle there for the ~2 months I'm there per year because meat is so damn expensive.]

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow FooFac, what exactly do you do?. I just wish I had your sucess. Sounds like you work really hard though....I'll go put my foot in my mouth and sit in the corner now...

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow FooFac, what exactly do you do?. I just wish I had your sucess. Sounds like you work really hard though....I'll go put my foot in my mouth and sit in the corner now...
. . . nice of you to join me in the corner, T ! ;)

wheels

Awards
  • Established

contact verner at np he'll take care of you