Beta Alanine Dosing - AnabolicMinds.com

Beta Alanine Dosing

1. New Member

Beta Alanine Dosing

I just recieved my beta-alanine from NP, and I'm wondering how much 2 grams would be in teaspoons. I've been half a teaspoon twice a day.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

I've heard more like 10g/day is needed to really see the benefit, especially with about 10g a day of creatine monohydrate.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

studies show six grams works. actually 4-6 grams. Im taking a break from Ba for three weeks and probally start back at a higher end the first month than decrease to four-six.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

6g I'm sure works. I poorly worded my first post--sorry about that. I should have said 10g is more like the optimal dose. This is where I got my info, from a Charles Poliquin Q&A:

Q: There's a lot of hoopla out there concerning the new supplement Beta Alanine. Is this stuff worth it?

A: I think Beta Alanine is great. It allows you to do more reps. I think it's most beneficial when you work in the 4-5RM range. If you're the type of guy who does ten sets of three (10 x 3), then it'll allow you to get that up to tens sets of four or five (10 x 4-5).

I've used it a lot in the last six months and my athletes are making much faster progress, especially at high doses. Up the dose until you get tingly, then back down a little. I think people should take 10 grams of it a day. Taking 3 grams a day is just far too small of a dose. That dose is like trying to fart against a hurricane.

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Questions of Strength: December

"I can say that a very select few coaches “in the know” have secretly suspected for awhile now has been only recently confirmed by science. They suspect that supplementation to increase muscular carnosine levels via beta alanine is FAR more effective when combined with creatine, over using beta alanine alone! (1) "

From his website.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    6g I'm sure works. I poorly worded my first post--sorry about that. I should have said 10g is more like the optimal dose. This is where I got my info, from a Charles Poliquin Q&A:

Q: There's a lot of hoopla out there concerning the new supplement Beta Alanine. Is this stuff worth it?

A: I think Beta Alanine is great. It allows you to do more reps. I think it's most beneficial when you work in the 4-5RM range. If you're the type of guy who does ten sets of three (10 x 3), then it'll allow you to get that up to tens sets of four or five (10 x 4-5).

I've used it a lot in the last six months and my athletes are making much faster progress, especially at high doses. Up the dose until you get tingly, then back down a little. I think people should take 10 grams of it a day. Taking 3 grams a day is just far too small of a dose. That dose is like trying to fart against a hurricane.

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Questions of Strength: December

"I can say that a very select few coaches “in the know” have secretly suspected for awhile now has been only recently confirmed by science. They suspect that supplementation to increase muscular carnosine levels via beta alanine is FAR more effective when combined with creatine, over using beta alanine alone! (1) "

From his website.
    Trying this very soon
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Once a day dosing for beta alanine?
    By Shocker279 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 01:14 PM
  2. NP Beta Alanine Dosing
    By Segansational in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM
  3. Beta Alanine and DiCreatine Malate dosing?
    By Afrochowder in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
  4. Beta Alanine Dosing Schedule
    By celc5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 01:50 AM
  5. Bulk BCAA and Beta Alanine Dose
    By Treb in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 03:09 PM