ATTN: Dog Lovers...Fish Oil Treats for dogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. ATTN: Dog Lovers...Fish Oil Treats for dogs.


    We just perfected a Fish Oil Wafer for dogs, called FidOmega. It will be around 1-1.5 grams of fish oil per 2-3 gram wafer. I've been feeding my dog standard fish oil softgels for a while, and short of the freaky factor when they try to bite into the softgel outside, they LOVE the taste.

    Omega-3s are GREAT for mind, body, and coat.

    We'd like to try and get feedback from all the dog lovers out there, to see if this looks like something we want to take mainstream.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless


  2. When will this be available. My dog is starting to get up there in age plus he is a bigger breed and want to avoid joint problems.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    When will this be available. My dog is starting to get up there in age plus he is a bigger breed and want to avoid joint problems.
    The samples are actually going to be done today, but probably stuck in California until after the 1st.

    We should be able to get some quick samples out.

    If you HAVEN'T had the pleasure of seeing how well ALL dogs react omega 3's, it really is great to watch. It has a profound effect on mood, alertness, and overall health...not to mention helping with their coat and most likely skin tone (to help with winter.)
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    how well does sprinkling flax seeds on their food work? I've got 3 hideous demons who would likely be interested in this
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    how well does sprinkling flax seeds on their food work? I've got 3 hideous demons who would likely be interested in this
    Not very well at all.

    My dogs are expert at spitting out the things they don't like...and if you grind it up, they turn their nose up at the whole dish.

    They LOVE the taste of fish oil, but again the gelatin coating is a tad too thick for some and they end up making a mess. This should make it an excellent treat.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  6. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    I normally buy them the purina beneful salmon based food, which has a hair more omega 3s than normal crap, but thats really it. I'm gonna go give em some fish oil caps now just for the heck of it.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  7. Love for my English Setter to try these!

    She's starting to seem a bit moody/depressed now that Winter's set in...

    What will the cost be?

  8. I would love to give these a try to give to my parents for their dog. They have a 15yr old Westhighland Terrior who has developed a skin problem. He is constantly licking and scratching around his neck and paws. He has been to the vet a few times now and is on prescription food because the vet says its most likely food allergies. I know he is getting very old, but if this may help with his skin, it would be great. He has scabs around his neck from scratching so much. He seems to have stopped it a bit since switching foods, but he still does scratch. It would be amazing to see something help him.
  9. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    well, one immediately started chomping on the fish oil cap, popped it then swallowed it. The other 2 played with them a while, the one ended up swallowing it whole, while the other eventually chewed it and swallowed. Hope they dont get the sh!ts from this.

    Make sure you lemee know when these are out. The sheeplover, plus these 2 attached freaks would like them.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  10. Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Love for my English Setter to try these!

    She's starting to seem a bit moody/depressed now that Winter's set in...

    What will the cost be?
    We are thinking serving size should be around 1-2 wafers a day. Still waiting on final price, but we are hoping to set retail at around $10 for a month's worth.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, one immediately started chomping on the fish oil cap, popped it then swallowed it. The other 2 played with them a while, the one ended up swallowing it whole, while the other eventually chewed it and swallowed. Hope they dont get the sh!ts from this.

    Make sure you lemee know when these are out. The sheeplover, plus these 2 attached freaks would like them.
    It's a crackup watching them figure out how to eat them. They DO end up playing with them, which can tend to make a mess if they have bitten into the softgel.

    We are looking to fasttrack these through RPN...and Nutra has already agreed to pick them up.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    luckily with you having alluded to that, I gave them to them outside
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  13. Definetly interested in these for my dog.

  14. Definitely interested in these for 12 year old Akita mix.

    Would you be able to possibly make a variation that included some Cissus as well? Be a nice doggie joint/health stack.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by sdev View Post

    Would you be able to possibly make a variation that included some Cissus as well? Be a nice doggie joint/health stack.
    You're anticipating this product line...good job.

    We're starting with the Fish Oil product, and will be transitioning into more complicated pet formulas including a joint formula and a PetProBiotic based on GUT health.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  16. This is awesome.

  17. dsade is always thinking outside of the box

  18. I too would be interested in one that had cissus in it. The only thing I've found my dog will eat with cissus in it so far is a piece of rolled up bread.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by sp33dkillz View Post
    I too would be interested in one that had cissus in it. The only thing I've found my dog will eat with cissus in it so far is a piece of rolled up bread.
    A Cissus-Sandwich?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  20. We have two English Mastiffs and one of them had an allergic reaction to his flea spray. So his skin is a nightmare, we developed the concept to fix him.

  21. I've got a 9 year old German Shepherd who might benefit. She's really picky about her food though. If she likes something, she'll gulp it down. If not, she hides it, or saves it for later. We found a few dozen milkbones in the couch once we caught on

  22. Quote Originally Posted by beast69 View Post
    I've got a 9 year old German Shepherd who might benefit. She's really picky about her food though. If she likes something, she'll gulp it down. If not, she hides it, or saves it for later. We found a few dozen milkbones in the couch once we caught on

    LOL what a smart girl. Ironically mine hate milk bones also. Seems to be finicky about rawhides also...
  23. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    they ate the ground flax sprinkled on their food btw
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  24. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    they ate the ground flax sprinkled on their food btw
    Damn Hippie Dogs.

    Nothing beats Fish Oil, though, for joints, mood, brain function, skin tone, and general health.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  25. I give all my dogs Alaskan Salmon oil.. I would be interested in an alternative..

    Dsade-Check ya pm..


  26. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    We are thinking serving size should be around 1-2 wafers a day. Still waiting on final price, but we are hoping to set retail at around $10 for a month's worth.
    Outstanding--very reasonable price--can't wait to give it a try!

  27. Id pick some of this up, I give my golden and the fiance's poodle/****zu fish oil caps and they love em. I cracked up the 1st time I watched them try to figure it out. Some healthy treats would be great for them though as their current treats are so lacking in nutrition.

  28. Great idea indeed. Now i just have to talk the wife into getting a dog

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  29. How are you guys extrapolating the fish oil dosage for your dogs?

    My jack russel is about 17 lbs (shes chubby and cute as hell) I give her a gram of fish oil a day. Is that about right or is 2 grams better?

    By the way, she love it, I use it as a treat. Good idea D.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by bulls**t View Post
    How are you guys extrapolating the fish oil dosage for your dogs?

    My jack russel is about 17 lbs (shes chubby and cute as hell) I give her a gram of fish oil a day. Is that about right or is 2 grams better?

    By the way, she love it, I use it as a treat. Good idea D.
    We are working on that to determine best packaging.

    Initial findings suggest that for a "normal" sized dog (30-50 pounds) 2 grams of fish oil is plenty. This would mean for a smaller (non-toy) dog that one treat a day will be plenty. For BIG FREAKING dogs (we have 2 English Mastiffs) it looks like 3-4 treats a day will be good.

    We also have some testers throwing in some cat experiments, to determine whether A) cats will eat them in their semi-dry form and B) what size we can make for both toy dog breeds and cats.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  31. Quote Originally Posted by beast69 View Post
    I've got a 9 year old German Shepherd who might benefit. She's really picky about her food though. If she likes something, she'll gulp it down. If not, she hides it, or saves it for later. We found a few dozen milkbones in the couch once we caught on

    LMAO mine is like that to. He's picky as hell about his wat he eats, tried to feed him this off brand stuff on a road trip once...that didnt go over so well. It was like tellin ur gf shes fat, lil beastie wanted nothin to do with me till he had HIS food.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    A Cissus-Sandwich?
    Pretty much..... lol. He doesn't have any joint issues yet, but I'm just trying to stay ahead of the problem.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by sp33dkillz View Post
    Pretty much..... lol. He doesn't have any joint issues yet, but I'm just trying to stay ahead of the problem.
    You are a wise and loving dog owner.

    Wish more people were able to anticipate...but then again, people barely take care of themselves long-term, not to mention the pets that are unable to do it themselves.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  34. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    A Cissus-Sandwich?
    I have been thinking of giving my labrador some cissus-for anyone that has given that there dog, how do u think it works?

  35. i need this for my golden!

  36. Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    I have been thinking of giving my labrador some cissus-for anyone that has given that there dog, how do u think it works?
    In skimming your post, I thought you said you were going to give supplements to your day laborer and thought.."alright, this thread is getting weird." lol

    Dsade, good luck on trying to formulate something for cats, oi! My twin Bombays won't come near their food if has fish oil on it..but then they like tuna. Go figure.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post

    Dsade, good luck on trying to formulate something for cats, oi! My twin Bombays won't come near their food if has fish oil on it..but then they like tuna. Go figure.
    We are planning on making several flavors, eventually, as we just found that we can get some premade spray flavor and combine it with the sealer to make something different than straight fish oil.

    That is weird that they wont eat fish oil...you sure they are CATS?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  38. Well, they seem convinced they are superior beings.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Well, they seem convinced they are superior beings.
    The sheer fact that you do not agree actually PROVES this.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  40. Hey, I don't disagree actually. Those little fockers have it made. Why am I working everyday to support them?!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fish oil Bad for Building Muscle??
    By cgoode in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 04:15 AM
  2. What is fish oil good for bodybuilding?
    By beastmode2008 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. Michael Vick Indicted For Dog Fighting !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM
  4. looking for a good value on fish oil
    By biggun2181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 02:21 PM
  5. dog lovers
    By bencozzy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Log in
Log in