ATTN: Dog Lovers...Fish Oil Treats for dogs.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We just perfected a Fish Oil Wafer for dogs, called FidOmega. It will be around 1-1.5 grams of fish oil per 2-3 gram wafer. I've been feeding my dog standard fish oil softgels for a while, and short of the freaky factor when they try to bite into the softgel outside, they LOVE the taste.

Omega-3s are GREAT for mind, body, and coat.

We'd like to try and get feedback from all the dog lovers out there, to see if this looks like something we want to take mainstream.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When will this be available. My dog is starting to get up there in age plus he is a bigger breed and want to avoid joint problems.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When will this be available. My dog is starting to get up there in age plus he is a bigger breed and want to avoid joint problems.
The samples are actually going to be done today, but probably stuck in California until after the 1st.

We should be able to get some quick samples out.

If you HAVEN'T had the pleasure of seeing how well ALL dogs react omega 3's, it really is great to watch. It has a profound effect on mood, alertness, and overall health...not to mention helping with their coat and most likely skin tone (to help with winter.)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how well does sprinkling flax seeds on their food work? I've got 3 hideous demons who would likely be interested in this

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how well does sprinkling flax seeds on their food work? I've got 3 hideous demons who would likely be interested in this
Not very well at all.

My dogs are expert at spitting out the things they don't like...and if you grind it up, they turn their nose up at the whole dish.

They LOVE the taste of fish oil, but again the gelatin coating is a tad too thick for some and they end up making a mess. This should make it an excellent treat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I normally buy them the purina beneful salmon based food, which has a hair more omega 3s than normal crap, but thats really it. I'm gonna go give em some fish oil caps now just for the heck of it.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Love for my English Setter to try these!

She's starting to seem a bit moody/depressed now that Winter's set in...

What will the cost be?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I would love to give these a try to give to my parents for their dog. They have a 15yr old Westhighland Terrior who has developed a skin problem. He is constantly licking and scratching around his neck and paws. He has been to the vet a few times now and is on prescription food because the vet says its most likely food allergies. I know he is getting very old, but if this may help with his skin, it would be great. He has scabs around his neck from scratching so much. He seems to have stopped it a bit since switching foods, but he still does scratch. It would be amazing to see something help him.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, one immediately started chomping on the fish oil cap, popped it then swallowed it. The other 2 played with them a while, the one ended up swallowing it whole, while the other eventually chewed it and swallowed. Hope they dont get the sh!ts from this.

Make sure you lemee know when these are out. The sheeplover, plus these 2 attached freaks would like them.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love for my English Setter to try these!

She's starting to seem a bit moody/depressed now that Winter's set in...

What will the cost be?
We are thinking serving size should be around 1-2 wafers a day. Still waiting on final price, but we are hoping to set retail at around $10 for a month's worth.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well, one immediately started chomping on the fish oil cap, popped it then swallowed it. The other 2 played with them a while, the one ended up swallowing it whole, while the other eventually chewed it and swallowed. Hope they dont get the sh!ts from this.

Make sure you lemee know when these are out. The sheeplover, plus these 2 attached freaks would like them.
It's a crackup watching them figure out how to eat them. They DO end up playing with them, which can tend to make a mess if they have bitten into the softgel.

We are looking to fasttrack these through RPN...and Nutra has already agreed to pick them up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
luckily with you having alluded to that, I gave them to them outside :)

sdev

sdev

Awards
Definitely interested in these for 12 year old Akita mix.

Would you be able to possibly make a variation that included some Cissus as well? Be a nice doggie joint/health stack.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would you be able to possibly make a variation that included some Cissus as well? Be a nice doggie joint/health stack.
You're anticipating this product line...good job.

We're starting with the Fish Oil product, and will be transitioning into more complicated pet formulas including a joint formula and a PetProBiotic based on GUT health.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
I too would be interested in one that had cissus in it. The only thing I've found my dog will eat with cissus in it so far is a piece of rolled up bread.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I too would be interested in one that had cissus in it. The only thing I've found my dog will eat with cissus in it so far is a piece of rolled up bread.
A Cissus-Sandwich?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We have two English Mastiffs and one of them had an allergic reaction to his flea spray. So his skin is a nightmare, we developed the concept to fix him.

beast69

beast69

Awards
I've got a 9 year old German Shepherd who might benefit. She's really picky about her food though. If she likes something, she'll gulp it down. If not, she hides it, or saves it for later. We found a few dozen milkbones in the couch once we caught on :p

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've got a 9 year old German Shepherd who might benefit. She's really picky about her food though. If she likes something, she'll gulp it down. If not, she hides it, or saves it for later. We found a few dozen milkbones in the couch once we caught on :p

LOL what a smart girl. Ironically mine hate milk bones also. Seems to be finicky about rawhides also...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they ate the ground flax sprinkled on their food btw

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
they ate the ground flax sprinkled on their food btw
Damn Hippie Dogs.

Nothing beats Fish Oil, though, for joints, mood, brain function, skin tone, and general health.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I give all my dogs Alaskan Salmon oil.. I would be interested in an alternative..

Dsade-Check ya pm..

djl

Awards
  • Established
We are thinking serving size should be around 1-2 wafers a day. Still waiting on final price, but we are hoping to set retail at around $10 for a month's worth.
Outstanding--very reasonable price--can't wait to give it a try!

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Id pick some of this up, I give my golden and the fiance's poodle/****zu fish oil caps and they love em. I cracked up the 1st time I watched them try to figure it out. Some healthy treats would be great for them though as their current treats are so lacking in nutrition.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great idea indeed. :thumbsup: Now i just have to talk the wife into getting a dog :D

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
How are you guys extrapolating the fish oil dosage for your dogs?

My jack russel is about 17 lbs (shes chubby and cute as hell) I give her a gram of fish oil a day. Is that about right or is 2 grams better?

By the way, she love it, I use it as a treat. Good idea D.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are you guys extrapolating the fish oil dosage for your dogs?

My jack russel is about 17 lbs (shes chubby and cute as hell) I give her a gram of fish oil a day. Is that about right or is 2 grams better?

By the way, she love it, I use it as a treat. Good idea D.
We are working on that to determine best packaging.

Initial findings suggest that for a "normal" sized dog (30-50 pounds) 2 grams of fish oil is plenty. This would mean for a smaller (non-toy) dog that one treat a day will be plenty. For BIG FREAKING dogs (we have 2 English Mastiffs) it looks like 3-4 treats a day will be good.

We also have some testers throwing in some cat experiments, to determine whether A) cats will eat them in their semi-dry form and B) what size we can make for both toy dog breeds and cats.

Rodthrower18

Awards

LMAO mine is like that to. He's picky as hell about his wat he eats, tried to feed him this off brand stuff on a road trip once...that didnt go over so well. It was like tellin ur gf shes fat, lil beastie wanted nothin to do with me till he had HIS food.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty much..... lol. He doesn't have any joint issues yet, but I'm just trying to stay ahead of the problem.
You are a wise and loving dog owner.

Wish more people were able to anticipate...but then again, people barely take care of themselves long-term, not to mention the pets that are unable to do it themselves.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have been thinking of giving my labrador some cissus-for anyone that has given that there dog, how do u think it works?
In skimming your post, I thought you said you were going to give supplements to your day laborer and thought.."alright, this thread is getting weird." lol

Dsade, good luck on trying to formulate something for cats, oi! My twin Bombays won't come near their food if has fish oil on it..but then they like tuna. Go figure.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade, good luck on trying to formulate something for cats, oi! My twin Bombays won't come near their food if has fish oil on it..but then they like tuna. Go figure.
We are planning on making several flavors, eventually, as we just found that we can get some premade spray flavor and combine it with the sealer to make something different than straight fish oil.

That is weird that they wont eat fish oil...you sure they are CATS?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, they seem convinced they are superior beings.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I don't disagree actually. Those little fockers have it made. Why am I working everyday to support them?!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Dsade,
Any info on what else is in the wafers? Nothing but the best for my little hell hounds.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade,
Any info on what else is in the wafers? Nothing but the best for my little hell hounds.
So far nothing but Fish Oil, maltodextrin, and possibly some binders. We are keeping these all natural, for obvious reasons.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Any chance at breath fresheners that actually work on dogs??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any chance at breath fresheners that actually work on dogs??
actually yes...there is a parsley, spearmint and probiotic based breath treat in the early stages of development.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Dsade, I'd be interested in these! Sounds great and I'm sure my lady's sister's Tasmanian devil of a pug would love em!

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
We just perfected a Fish Oil Wafer for dogs, called FidOmega. It will be around 1-1.5 grams of fish oil per 2-3 gram wafer. I've been feeding my dog standard fish oil softgels for a while, and short of the freaky factor when they try to bite into the softgel outside, they LOVE the taste.

Omega-3s are GREAT for mind, body, and coat.

We'd like to try and get feedback from all the dog lovers out there, to see if this looks like something we want to take mainstream.
I've got 4 labs i could use some of these :woohoo:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
actually yes...there is a parsley, spearmint and probiotic based breath treat in the early stages of development.
Sweet. I got a gel that sounds similar - tried to brush my dog's teeth.

That went over like a fart in a dive helmet.