ZMT, Tryptophan, dreams

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
I am trying the ZMT caps to help me get a good nights sleep. I took a second dose of the ZMT caps about an hour after the first dose because I was wide awake thinking about a very stressful situation. About 20 minutes later I started feeling very sleepy and would start falling asleep but kept waking myself up because I was having dreams that started out great but were just really bizarre. Once I finally fell asleep and stayed asleep, I can't rememeber having anymore dreams and actually had the absolute best sleep ever. Is there a possibilty that by taking four ZMT caps I was taking too much Tryptophan, is there an upper limit for Tryptophan that should not be reached?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there is, but it is not 4 caps. You would have to take more than a dozen.

I'm glad you like the ZMT...you can try adding 300mcg of Melatonin to help knock you out quicker. GREAT combo.

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
there is, but it is not 4 caps. You would have to take more than a dozen.

I'm glad you like the ZMT...you can try adding 300mcg of Melatonin to help knock you out quicker. GREAT combo.
I figured, perhaps it was just the anxiety working its way into my dreams. But yes the ZMT has been working nicely. Gonna get the melatonin on my next order.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The dreams will be tinged by your mindset, yes. Try to do some mind clearing exercises right after you take your dose. Deep breathing, positive visualization , etc....you will find your dreams SHOULD follow suit and become more soothing in nature.

Of course, unresolved sources of conflict and stress in your "real life" will manifest in your dreams somewhat.