dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been noticing a rapid increase in fatloss lately (within the past few days).

I have been taking:

DCP
Leviathan
Green Tea caps
Fish Oil

and just added back the CLA Supreme (forgot they were in the cabinet until cleaning).

Doing a bit of research tonight, and I stumbled onto this:

1: Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007 Oct;1771(10):1299-307. Epub 2007 Aug 22.Click here to read Links
Metabolism and short-term metabolic effects of conjugated linoleic acids in rat hepatocytes.
Priore P, Giudetti AM, Natali F, Gnoni GV, Geelen MJ.

Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Salento, Via Prov.le Lecce-Monteroni, 73100 Lecce, Italy.

Metabolic fate and short-term effects of a 1:1 mixture of cis-9,trans-11 and trans-10,cis-12-conjugated linoleic acids (CLA), compared to linoleic acid (LA), on lipid metabolism was investigated in rat liver. In isolated mitochondria CLA-CoA were poorer substrates than LA-CoA for carnitine palmitoyltransferase-I (CPT-I) activity. However, in digitonin-permeabilized hepatocytes, where interactions among different metabolic pathways can be simultaneously investigated, CLA induced a remarkable stimulatory effect on CPT-I activity. This stimulation can be ascribed to a reduced malonyl-CoA level in turn due to inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) activity. The ACC/malonyl-CoA/CPT-I system can therefore represent a coordinate control by which CLA may exert effects on the partitioning of fatty acids between esterification and oxidation. Moreover, the rate of oxidation to CO2 and ketone bodies was significantly higher from CLA; peroxisomes rather than mitochondria were responsible for this difference. Interestingly, peroxisomal acyl-CoA oxidase (AOX) activity strongly increased by CLA-CoA compared to LA-CoA. CLA, metabolized by hepatocytes at a higher rate than LA, were poorer substrates for cellular and VLDL-triacylglycerol (TAG) synthesis. Overall, our results suggest that increased fatty acid oxidation with consequent decreased fatty acid availability for TAG synthesis is a potential mechanism by which CLA reduce TAG level in rat liver.

PMID: 17905647 [PubMed - in process]

Notice the sentence in bold.

I am going to play around with dosage and timing, but I have been taking 2 softgels at the same time as my DCP doses.

Anyone else experimented here?

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
dsade clear your pm's man ! Hope your well bud

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade clear your pm's man ! Hope your well bud
Do you not have my email address? :)

I cleared my PMs this morning, my friend.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been noticing a rapid increase in fatloss lately (within the past few days).

I have been taking:

DCP
Leviathan
Green Tea caps
Fish Oil

and just added back the CLA Supreme (forgot they were in the cabinet until cleaning).

Doing a bit of research tonight, and I stumbled onto this:

1: Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007 Oct;1771(10):1299-307. Epub 2007 Aug 22.Click here to read Links
Metabolism and short-term metabolic effects of conjugated linoleic acids in rat hepatocytes.
Priore P, Giudetti AM, Natali F, Gnoni GV, Geelen MJ.

Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Salento, Via Prov.le Lecce-Monteroni, 73100 Lecce, Italy.

Metabolic fate and short-term effects of a 1:1 mixture of cis-9,trans-11 and trans-10,cis-12-conjugated linoleic acids (CLA), compared to linoleic acid (LA), on lipid metabolism was investigated in rat liver. In isolated mitochondria CLA-CoA were poorer substrates than LA-CoA for carnitine palmitoyltransferase-I (CPT-I) activity. However, in digitonin-permeabilized hepatocytes, where interactions among different metabolic pathways can be simultaneously investigated, CLA induced a remarkable stimulatory effect on CPT-I activity. This stimulation can be ascribed to a reduced malonyl-CoA level in turn due to inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC) activity. The ACC/malonyl-CoA/CPT-I system can therefore represent a coordinate control by which CLA may exert effects on the partitioning of fatty acids between esterification and oxidation. Moreover, the rate of oxidation to CO2 and ketone bodies was significantly higher from CLA; peroxisomes rather than mitochondria were responsible for this difference. Interestingly, peroxisomal acyl-CoA oxidase (AOX) activity strongly increased by CLA-CoA compared to LA-CoA. CLA, metabolized by hepatocytes at a higher rate than LA, were poorer substrates for cellular and VLDL-triacylglycerol (TAG) synthesis. Overall, our results suggest that increased fatty acid oxidation with consequent decreased fatty acid availability for TAG synthesis is a potential mechanism by which CLA reduce TAG level in rat liver.

PMID: 17905647 [PubMed - in process]

Notice the sentence in bold.

I am going to play around with dosage and timing, but I have been taking 2 softgels at the same time as my DCP doses.

Anyone else experimented here?
I am using a very similar stack. I am using straight yohimbine and do not posses the DCP. So are you attributing this increase to the DCP, the CLA or the synergy? And if so elaborate a bit on this for conversation purposes.

EDIT: duh! The title says it. But still, elaborate on this there....CPT-I...thingy...there. This looks like a similar activity as a COMT? Maybe?

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Yup. But once I open My email, an uncontrolable urge to answer customer email grips me, and I can never escape.:)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CPT is the primary regulator of beta oxidation in mitochondria. The increase in activity, combined with both the pyruvate and Propionyl-L-Carnitine, allows more fat to be both transferred into, and burned, by muscle and liver mitochondria.

Increasing the activity of this enzyme, along with the proper co-factors, results in more fat being burned.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im currently taking DCP, My own bulk version.. 3g of TTP a day.. 1.5G of everything else..

I also am taking 2 x pyruvate a day, Ill increase it with every dosage now as I have a few spare bottles..

And I have 400caps of CLA, Ill start to ADD CLA now...

Ill keep people updated!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
nice stack there matt......how much cla are you dosing daily?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like a fatty acid type add on?
Possibly.

We are looking at doing an "Amplifier", probably with some light stim effect, as well as an EFA supplement.

Most likely, the feedback will simply lead to more understanding...and we will just recommend the NP product with a certain dosing protocol.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
cool-I'm getting ready for a Drive/DCP stack,the only others I was planning were fish oil and green tea,but seein this, I'll add in some CLA too.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cool-I'm getting ready for a Drive/DCP stack,the only others I was planning were fish oil and green tea,but seein this, I'll add in some CLA too.
Please let me know the results?

phantom

Awards
  • Established
No prob-I'll start a thread probably sometime next week.I think this should be quite the potent fatloss/recomp stack.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been doing it so far...

2 x pyruvate x 3 p/d
2 x CLA x 3 p/d
DCP BULK.. But 1.5grams of each, 300mg p/d of Ras
3G of TTA...

I feel leaner this morning than ever before, even look it.. but my body is saying 12.6%? WTF LOL..

Ill keep you updated in a few days!

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
I've been on Levi Reloaded for about 2 weeks now and getting good results, today my order for DCP another Levi, Drive, Sesamin, Fish, green tea, CLA, and ALA caps came in i plan on starting DCP in a few days so i can run it for 30 days along with Levi. If you find a dose of CLA that works well with DCP please let me know :D
Also a few a few of the DCP capsules on the bottom of the bottle are cracked open with the insides coming out, would there be anyway i could get a sample pack (or just a few pills)so i can run the full 30 days? or is it ok to just take the cracked pills.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
This makes me REAL happy to hear as i've got some Leviathan Reloaded, CLA supreme caps and DCP coming to me in a day or two :)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
shame nutra is out of DCP so i can try this stack :(

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
shame nutra is out of DCP so i can try this stack :(
It's in production, and should be restocked next week...plenty of time before the Christmas binge.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I've been on Levi Reloaded for about 2 weeks now and getting good results, today my order for DCP another Levi, Drive, Sesamin, Fish, green tea, CLA, and ALA caps came in i plan on starting DCP in a few days so i can run it for 30 days along with Levi. If you find a dose of CLA that works well with DCP please let me know :D
Also a few a few of the DCP capsules on the bottom of the bottle are cracked open with the insides coming out, would there be anyway i could get a sample pack (or just a few pills)so i can run the full 30 days? or is it ok to just take the cracked pills.
the cracked ones are fine, you dont wanna make them feel left out do you?????

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
It's in production, and should be restocked next week...plenty of time before the Christmas binge.
mm raspberry K smells good!...took my first 2 with supper ....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
J,

I'm hoping to be able to do samples soon. The cracked ones are fine to snort...err, take.

iboj007

iboj007

Awards
Dsade, you must be psychic as I was wondering about stacking CLA with DCP just a few days ago.

I'll let you know how it goes for me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade, you must be psychic as I was wondering about stacking CLA with DCP just a few days ago.

I'll let you know how it goes for me.
Oh..I already know how it will go for you.

/spoooooky
//call now for your free readin, mon

nelix

Awards
  • Established
My summer (here, xmas = summer) stack is:
DCP, CLA, Sesamin, Relora

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My summer (here, xmas = summer) stack is:
DCP, CLA, Sesamin, Relora
Looks like a VERY solid stack. Where in the south are you?

themandaloria

Awards
Do you use fish oil with all that?

Avant labs said you should take fish oil with small snacks and not with sesathin

anyways how good would

DCP
CLA
Sesathin be?

then take fish oil later?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There was a lot of solid research a couple of years ago supporting CLA as a potent fat-loss agent. Somehow, though, focus was diverted to other compounds. You have a very potent stack already with DCP, Leviathan, Green Tea caps, and Fish Oil. Could you really isolate the impact of CLA?

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a VERY solid stack. Where in the south are you?
Australia, Melbourne.

It is going to be super funny, last time I tried DCP it was winter (15c) and I was sitting in front of the fan... Now it's going to be about 40c lets hope I don't die from heat stroke.
I was considering adding some topical 7-keto to the mix...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you use fish oil with all that?

Avant labs said you should take fish oil with small snacks and not with sesathin

anyways how good would

DCP
CLA
Sesathin be?

then take fish oil later?
I'm not sure if the Sesathin would oxidize the CLA like it will the fish oil. I'm assuming that you'd want to dose them separately as well.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to hear more on the timing of Sesathin, FO, and CLA .

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dsade : are you still on Bulk Xfactor ?
My workouts have been suffering lately, so I haven't been taking the BXF. Going to restart when things calm down here.

Jayzen

Jayzen

Awards
xThree

I've been taking CLA with with DCP then Sesamin and Fish oil 30-45 min later with food, i guess ill try separating the Sesamin and fish oil from now on.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CLA back in stock...computer error. Sorry for the inconvenience.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would take Sesathin before fatty meals, fish oil between meals, and CLA along with your DCP dose - especially, I am finding, preworkout.

More to come on this.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
DCP restock! hurry before everything else in my cart is out of stock, I already missed out on powerjolt.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would take Sesathin before fatty meals, fish oil between meals, and CLA along with your DCP dose - especially, I am finding, preworkout.

More to come on this.
For future reference, what are your thoughts on keeping SesaThin away from CLA doses? Good idea or unnecessary?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For future reference, what are your thoughts on keeping SesaThin away from CLA doses? Good idea or unnecessary?
This is something I am looking at right now...I am tending to want to keep them separated SOMEWHAT.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
My cut stack has so many fats that need decent timing... Which is good because it's something to keep busy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My cut stack has so many fats that need decent timing... Which is good because it's something to keep busy.
Definitely makes you more conscious of everything you take in...as well as making you appreciate/take note of the results much more.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards

More to come on this.
I for one would be very interested to hear the rationale behind the timing, espically FO between meals and the benefits of Sesathin before meals as apposed to after (This is something I have been trying to rationalize/experiment with).

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

More to come on this.
Isn't the bioavalability and absorption of fat-soluble (fat-based) supplements and compounds such as Sesathin, CLA, Omega-3, CoQ10, and so on better when taken with fat-containing meals rather than between meals?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't the bioavalability and absorption of fat-soluble (fat-based) supplements and compounds such as Sesathin, CLA, Omega-3, CoQ10, and so on better when taken with fat-containing meals rather than between meals?
Not necessarily. I have found this with Sesathin, which is why I recommend it right before meals. The others I get much better results taking them at the times recommended.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
dsade they recommend the others at which times. I thought co q10 and fishoil was best with meals?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I recieved all my stuff today so i'll be using DCP at 6 caps and CLA at 10 caps 2, 5 times daily.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recieved all my stuff today so i'll be using DCP at 6 caps and CLA at 10 caps 2, 5 times daily.
Kickass....feedback, por favor?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Kickass....feedback, por favor?
I'll let you know i am getting burps from the CLA i got 300 of them the NP ones and ya i get burps with an odd after taste but i can handle it. And i forgot about the nice warm sensation DCP gives, god i love that stuff, i'll probably grab more. But ya i'll keep you up dated, i'll probably get more dcp and another 300 CLA, i'm recomping but leaning more towards fatloss as the goal.