More SAMe options?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I only see NOW 200mg, would be nice to have some 400mg options as well...my joints / liver and mood would be most appreciative! :)

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only see NOW 200mg, would be nice to have some 400mg options as well...my joints / liver and mood would be most appreciative! :)
Kind of off topic but how much SAMe is recommended for liver protection, thinking of using this instead of milk thistle, especailly after the negative reports about milk thisle.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Kind of off topic but how much SAMe is recommended for liver protection, thinking of using this instead of milk thistle, especailly after the negative reports about milk thisle.
I think 400mg -800mg a day is rec. for liver health, though Id suspect that 200mg would have an effect, especially for non-cycle / general health use.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think 400mg -800mg a day is rec. for liver health, though Id suspect that 200mg would have an effect, especially for non-cycle / general health use.
Nail on the head. SAMe is a great supp with a variety of benefits. As I remember Dsade was thinking about producing a NP brand at a cost ratio much more favorable to us hungry consumers, but fell thru due to other priorities I believe. Hows bout'em now D?:D

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nail on the head. SAMe is a great supp with a variety of benefits. As I remember Dsade was thinking about producing a NP brand at a cost ratio much more favorable to us hungry consumers, but fell thru due to other priorities I believe. Hows bout'em now D?:D
Double up. Extremely interested. This is probably one of the most underrated support supps on AM imho.

whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
How are the mood benefits from Sam-e? Is it something you really feel? I've been one irritable motha lately. Im looking into L-Theanine as well.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
SAMe works pretty well for depression..at least for me. Cost is the main issue though.

2 tablespoons of fish oil + 800 mg of SAMe per day would be sweet in terms of mood improvement.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I would be highly interested in this as well, if the price was right.

themandaloria

Awards
How is it for fibromyalgia cuz my mom always complains of that

phrost

Awards
Agreed. I was surprised how much it improved my mood during PCT.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Dinoiii said its the best for liver on cycle
Overall, our studies have shown a liver function return to baseline an average of 2.5 days earlier (some more, some less) than users of proper Silymarin concentrations (obviously as mentioned 3rd party studies have shown difficulty with this though and it can certainly be the source of significant confounding variable when considering this) in the post-cycle realm.

You can find more on my thoughts of SAMe at www.leanbulk.com/forum under my "Ask Dr. Houser" subforum with a subforum within it entitled: "PCT: A Clinician's View" (this is my PCT forum) for those interested.

D_