What Is In Thrive?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard of this being released by NP in the near future. Whats in the final product? if its a postworkout powder like im expecting how about letting us choose 2 flavor systems to go with it?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I believe it's a combo of most common used bulk supplements all in one. Stuff like Citrulline Malate, WMS, BA, Creatine.

It's almost as if you were to make your own pre-workout mix but it's already there for you to use. Pretty neat.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe it's a combo of most common used bulk supplements all in one. Stuff like Citrulline Malate, WMS, BA, Creatine.

It's almost as if you were to make your own pre-workout mix but it's already there for you to use. Pretty neat.
Ive always thought if supplement companies actually put less than what they say is in there formula to make more profit. Not NP because i trust them but just in general. I bet it goes on alot as we the consumer dont get things tested or anything....just a thought.

(not directed at NP)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ive always thought if supplement companies actually put less than what they say is in there formula to make more profit. Not NP because i trust them but just in general. I bet it goes on alot as we the consumer dont get things tested or anything....just a thought.

(not directed at NP)
yup. It's expensive to test as well, but then agian supplements themselves are expensive as hell. Heck even bulk powders are expensive if you really think about it. Only way someone were ever test something is if a company is super shady and everyone has something agianst them. eg. Syntrax, I remember someone spending 100 bucks just to show the up. I kinda found it funny reading the e-fights on bb.com

CHA0S

CHA0S

Awards
  • Established
i thought it was a powder you mix with water and sip throughout your workout

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is a Waxy Maize based drink designed to be sipped on DURING workout.

It contains:

Kwik Karb
BCAAs
Citrulline Malate
Taurine
Creatine (probably gluconate or malate)
beta-alanine
L-Carnitine

the experiments we did with this were long term, and I guarantee you will get some GREAT results that will be felt from day 1.

You will be getting a top-level supplement, at Nutraplanet Bulk Prices.
...:)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds nice but i would have wanted the OG creatine....mono.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not familiar with l-carnitine during workout...care to enlight?

looks like something i would buy tho, another reason to shop at NP, another exclusive innovative product.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't necessarily sip it during my workout but it looks like a KILLER post workout drink. I understand you are waiting for the WMS, but any ideas on what the price will be for this or should we wait and be surprised? ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't necessarily sip it during my workout but it looks like a KILLER post workout drink. I understand you are waiting for the WMS, but any ideas on what the price will be for this or should we wait and be surprised? ;)
I think you will be amazingly surprised.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
when is it supposed to come out
Everything is in CHAOS (couldn't resist) with the new website transition. Should be out within a few weeks.

Jim Sadler

Awards
Any news? This sounds great, I've been trying to piece together my own all-in-one creatine/citrullene malate/beta alanine/etc. drink with bulk powders.

Why waxy maize starch? Seems like it would be better to leave out the carbs.

How about creatine AKG instead of monohydrate?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any news? This sounds great, I've been trying to piece together my own all-in-one creatine/citrullene malate/beta alanine/etc. drink with bulk powders.

Why waxy maize starch? Seems like it would be better to leave out the carbs.

The WMS helps to transport the other ingredients, and also lends itself amazingy to increased pumps, endurance, and quicker recovery.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supercarb would seem like a nice addition.
Yeah, I have been toying with this idea as well, discussing it with Par Deus and Sir Savage.

Waiting on my supply to get in to test it out.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I understood it would be either Creatine Gluconate or Creatine Malate. Monohydrate has tolerance issues. I, for one, get serious bloats from it. Gluconate and Malate are good advanced creatine forms. Creatine AKG would be my favourite, though, probably at par with Creatine Malate, as they are both creatine bonded to cool Krebs Cycle Intermediates.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I have been toying with this idea as well, discussing it with Par Deus and Sir Savage.

Waiting on my supply to get in to test it out.
Would you consider L-Carnitine Tartrate, or Acetyl-L-Carnitine? If I am not wrong, ALCAR triggers better mitochondrial activity than standard L-Carnitine, plus the additional neuro-enhancing effects. Would probably make the formula somewhat more expensive, but probably also a shade more effective.
Something else. If you add L-Carnitine, or any of its more advanced forms, would you also consider adding plain Alpha Lipoic Acid (does not have to be the most advanced form)? It is always reassuring to have a compound that would quench the increased free-radical activity that ALCAR, or even the mere stress of workouts, would elicit.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would you consider L-Carnitine Tartrate, or Acetyl-L-Carnitine? If I am not wrong, ALCAR triggers better mitochondrial activity than standard L-Carnitine, plus the additional neuro-enhancing effects. Would probably make the formula somewhat more expensive, but probably also a shade more effective.
Something else. If you add L-Carnitine, or any of its more advanced forms, would you also consider adding plain Alpha Lipoic Acid (does not have to be the most advanced form)? It is always reassuring to have a compound that would quench the increased free-radical activity that ALCAR, or even the mere stress of workouts, would elicit.
Any response to this, dsade?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both of those would add significantly to cost. ALCAR is kind of a pain to use in a formula, requiring some kind of granulation (it is very hygroscopic).

ALA and salts of, are hell to endure from anything but a pill...if you have tasted it you would understand - absolutely unfriendly to a drink.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
All I want is the cheapest WMS + creatine + CM + BA ---- and all good quality stuff of course ;)

I can always throw in my own BCAA and/or protein if I want.

I'd be willing to pay at least $10 or maybe more for this depending how crazy I'm feeling that day!

:goodpost:

Jet

Awards
  • Established
All I want is the cheapest WMS + creatine + CM + BA ---- and all good quality stuff of course ;)

I can always throw in my own BCAA and/or protein if I want.

I'd be willing to pay at least $10 or maybe more for this depending how crazy I'm feeling that day!

:goodpost:
x2

Let's not talk dsade into making this some crazy complex/expensive preworkout drink, there are plenty of those on the market already. Keep it simple, effective, and cheap :hammer:

fitnecise

Awards
ROS/RNS mediate muscle adaptations/growth. Antioxidants are not good to have around a workout.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
x2

Let's not talk dsade into making this some crazy complex/expensive preworkout drink, there are plenty of those on the market already. Keep it simple, effective, and cheap :hammer:
No one implied effective must be expensive. dsade had asked for ideas. And I understand his response to my questions. We are, hopefully, all looking forward to an effective product that will be affordable, not necessarily "cheap". I am sure dsade is up to the task!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ROS/RNS mediate muscle adaptations/growth. Antioxidants are not good to have around a workout.
I definitely would recommend antioxidants intra- and post-workout. The minuscule "tears" our muscles experience when we stress them during workouts, for instance, are hardly provoked by oxidation alone. (Muscles grow when these minuscule "tears" are "repaired" during rest). So, I would like to see evidence that antioxidants inhibit protein synthesis and anabolism.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
No one implied effective must be expensive. dsade had asked for ideas. And I understand his response to my questions. We are, hopefully, all looking forward to an effective product that will be affordable, not necessarily "cheap". I am sure dsade is up to the task!
Didn't mean to come off as pointing fingers, just wanted to give my input on what ingredients I would like (or wouldn't like) in Thrive. By "cheap," I don't mean "low quality," I mean reasonably priced with all of the basic staples included. I think the beauty of the product will be in its simplicity.

I'm sure the end product will be great, my faith is in dsade :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't mean to come off as pointing fingers, just wanted to give my input on what ingredients I would like (or wouldn't like) in Thrive. By "cheap," I don't mean "low quality," I mean reasonably priced with all of the basic staples included. I think the beauty of the product will be in its simplicity.

I'm sure the end product will be great, my faith is in dsade :thumbsup:
No hard feelings, bro! Our goals are identical.

fitnecise

Awards
I definitely would recommend antioxidants intra- and post-workout. The minuscule "tears" our muscles experience when we stress them during workouts, for instance, are hardly provoked by oxidation alone. (Muscles grow when these minuscule "tears" are "repaired" during rest). So, I would like to see evidence that antioxidants inhibit protein synthesis and anabolism.
Contraction induced ROS are good and mediate adaptations. After exercise and after the cascades are started, the body upregulates endogenous antioxidant systems itself so you don't remain in an oxidative state and this will prevent toxicity. Of course, you don't want oxidative products to be too high but you don't want them too low either, and antioxidant supplementation may lower them too much.

There is plenty of evidence to this, this thread had some good info.

Antioxidants... Do they hinder our gains or not? -

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Contraction induced ROS are good and mediate adaptations. After exercise and after the cascades are started, the body upregulates endogenous antioxidant systems itself so you don't remain in an oxidative state and this will prevent toxicity. Of course, you don't want oxidative products to be too high but you don't want them too low either, and antioxidant supplementation may lower them too much...
It still makes sense to me to manage pre-, intra-, and post-workout oxidation. I do not see the benefit of "letting the body fix itself". The outcome of this indifference depends on so many factors that it is likely to be sub-optimal.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It still makes sense to me to manage pre-, intra-, and post-workout oxidation. I do not see the benefit of "letting the body fix itself". The outcome of this indifference depends on so many factors that it is likely to be sub-optimal.
I don't think the point is to NOT take antioxidants at all, but that the more we learn the more crucial the TIMING appears to be.

From what I am reading, it looks like pre-bed would be the ideal time to take your antioxidants, especially if you work out during the early evening.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the point is to NOT take antioxidants at all, but that the more we learn the more crucial the TIMING appears to be.

From what I am reading, it looks like pre-bed would be the ideal time to take your antioxidants, especially if you work out during the early evening.
From what I have read, bad timing for certain anti-ox is worse than not taking any anti-ox at all, I try to keep mine post workout before bed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Since the Kwik Karb is back in stock, it should be available after the first of the year.
I'm debating whether to order now or in January. I don't need anything now as I'll be on vacation but I don't want to miss out on Kwik Karb. I especially want to wait if you'll have Thrive soon after holidays. Are you guys well supplied with Kwik Karb, like you won't run out before January? :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm debating whether to order now or in January. I don't need anything now as I'll be on vacation but I don't want to miss out on Kwik Karb. I especially want to wait if you'll have Thrive soon after holidays. Are you guys well supplied with Kwik Karb, like you won't run out before January? :)
Put it this way...we brought in several lthousand kilos of Kwik Karb.

We are well supplied for a good 2 weeks. :)

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Just tossing in my (constantly changing) opinion on thrive.
WMS (I think super carb would be better for a post workout drink)
Creatine Malate
Laucine
Citruline Malate (Although someone said BA and CM were counter productive)

Any anti oxadents would have be scared. Save them for before bed.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Put it this way...we brought in several lthousand kilos of Kwik Karb.

We are well supplied for a good 2 weeks. :)
jeez. several thousand kilos only last for 2 weeks!? thats some crazy stuff!:lol:

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
jeez. several thousand kilos only last for 2 weeks!? thats some crazy stuff!:lol:
i have a feeling the NP fellas just dump it all in a big room and roll around in it like Scrooge McDuck from DuckTales does in his gold coins. That's probably why it smells so good too ;)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it coming sooooon?
Yep...coming soon.

I just spoke with Darren last week, and we are going to ramp this up after the holiday.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dsade. Looks like a great product. Do you have any plans on perhaps making a carb-free version? Perhaps substituting glycerol for Super Carb?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Dsade. Looks like a great product. Do you have any plans on perhaps making a carb-free version? Perhaps substituting glycerol for Super Carb?
Possible, but the point of using the Kwick Karb is to help shuttle the ingredients into muscle during workout, as well as instantly replenishing glycogen stores.