BULK POWDERS.....what are your top 5

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I have a pretty good article written by David Tolson (I love reading his articles, very informative), but it will get 'censored' if I put up a link.
    I miss that guy, what happened to him?

2. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    What are your ultimate goals?
    AMPK and focus.

Things like phenibut, gaba, dxm, ketamine always seem to leave me with an AWESOME rebound after the chill, I figure this is due to ampk, so I figure Aniracetam and Idebenone might serve this same point through a different mechanism.

My overall goal is always mind and muscle.
    •   

3. dsade,

That combo sounds like something I definately need to consider. I love any extra increase in power output. What would you say about my dosing of these? What about the Na-r-ala or r-ala?

nelix,
    Thats some good stack ideas you got there. The Ultimate Mass Pump stack with BA and taurine added to the order lookks excellent too.

4. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I have a pretty good article written by David Tolson (I love reading his articles, very informative), but it will get 'censored' if I put up a link.

can you email it to me at address in signature....

Lurn to use 57x.org top sekrut linkage

5. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    can you email it to me at address in signature....

Lurn to use 57x.org top sekrut linkage
    I would like the url too, and any other dave texts.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    dsade,

That combo sounds like something I definately need to consider. I love any extra increase in power output. What would you say about my dosing of these? What about the Na-r-ala or r-ala?

nelix,
    Thats some good stack ideas you got there. The Ultimate Mass Pump stack with BA and taurine added to the order lookks excellent too.
    1: Neurochem Res. 2007 Jun 29; [Epub ahead of print]Click here to read Links
    The Effects and Mechanisms of Mitochondrial Nutrient alpha-Lipoic Acid on Improving Age-Associated Mitochondrial and Cognitive Dysfunction: An Overview.
    Liu J.

Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, 1261 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, Irvine, CA, 92697, USA, [email protected].

We have identified a group of nutrients that can directly or indirectly protect mitochondria from oxidative damage and improve mitochondrial function and named them "mitochondrial nutrients". The direct protection includes preventing the generation of oxidants, scavenging free radicals or inhibiting oxidant reactivity, and elevating cofactors of defective mitochondrial enzymes with increased Michaelis-Menten constant to stimulate enzyme activity, and also protect enzymes from further oxidation, and the indirect protection includes repairing oxidative damage by enhancing antioxidant defense systems either through activation of phase 2 enzymes or through increase in mitochondrial biogenesis. In this review, we take alpha-lipoic acid (LA) as an example of mitochondrial nutrients by summarizing the protective effects and possible mechanisms of LA and its derivatives on age-associated cognitive and mitochondrial dysfunction of the brain. LA and its derivatives improve the age-associated decline of memory, improve mitochondrial structure and function, inhibit the age-associated increase of oxidative damage, elevate the levels of antioxidants, and restore the activity of key enzymes. In addition, co-administration of LA with other mitochondrial nutrients, such as acetyl-L: -carnitine and coenzyme Q10, appears more effective in improving cognitive dysfunction and reducing oxidative mitochondrial dysfunction. Therefore, administrating mitochondrial nutrients, such as LA and its derivatives in combination with other mitochondrial nutrients to aged people and patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases, may be an effective strategy for improving mitochondrial and cognitive dysfunction.

PMID: 17605107 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Yes, ALA forms would be a fantastic contributor to mitochondrial function and health.

I am going to be getting a new order of ALA NutraCaps in to experiment with dosage and timings.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

7. The golden study:

1: Physiol Behav. 2002 Jun 1;76(2):257-63.Click here to read Links
    Enhancement of muscular performance by a coformulation of propionyl-L-carnitine, coenzyme Q10, nicotinamide, riboflavin and pantothenic acid in the rat.
    Vargiu R, Licheri D, Carcassi AM, Naimi S, Collu M, Littarru GP, Mancinelli R.

Section of Human Physiology and Nutrition, Department of Applied Sciences to Biosystems, University of Cagliari, Via Porcell 4, I-09124, Cagliari, Italy.

A coformulation of essential factors, i.e. propionyl-L-carnitine (PLC), coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), nicotinamide (NAM), riboflavin and pantothenic acid, was administered orally to Wistar rats for 7 weeks and its efficacy was tested through in vivo and in vitro techniques in improving motor functions of striated, cardiac and smooth musculature of the rat. In vivo experiments showed that long-term supplementation significantly improved horizontal locomotor activity by about 19% in male and 26% in female rats. Maximum values of shortening velocity, work and power were significantly increased (P<.05) in papillary muscle isolated from treated rats. A positive inotropic effect was also observed on colonic smooth muscle strips upon treatment. Work was the most affected parameter and it increased by 160% in smooth muscle from treated animals. The present results indicate that supplementation with the combination of the above mentioned substances elicits positive functional changes on motor performance of skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscle of the rat.

PMID: 12044598 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

8. dsade,

Well I'll be finding out soon enough. I ordered 3 months worth of Ultimate Mass Pump Stack, 500gms of ALC, taurine, and Beta Alanine along with PLCAR, Na-r-ala and CoQ10. I even got 3 months worth of SAM-e to top it all off. Mixed with some RPM, Poseidon, and Aminos I have on hand and I have one monster stack. I would have orded some Cordygen5 to go along with it but you guys were out of stock. This one broke my bank for awhile.

9. Right now

Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Nac
    Tyrosine
    Cissus
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous One View Post
    dsade,

Well I'll be finding out soon enough. I ordered 3 months worth of Ultimate Mass Pump Stack, 500gms of ALC, taurine, and Beta Alanine along with PLCAR, Na-r-ala and CoQ10. I even got 3 months worth of SAM-e to top it all off. Mixed with some RPM, Poseidon, and Aminos I have on hand and I have one monster stack. I would have orded some Cordygen5 to go along with it but you guys were out of stock. This one broke my bank for awhile.
    WILD MAN!!

I would time my multivitamin intake for around an hour preworkout, then, to take advantage of the additional cofactors listed in the study.

11. its going to be friggin crazy for sure. I am on a IF style diet dsade so I already hit the multi-vitamin with my small break fast before activity. My pumps have been crazy from doing pushups, chins and sledge hammer work since starting the IF style diet. Seems like everything is working better for me, even food. Not saying its for everyone, but for a guy like me that wants to reduce my weight down around 20lbs more and improve my strength and performance it just fits. I am more mentally alert and I can't wait to add the ALCAR/PLCAR/SAM-e/CoQ10 mix into this. If you guys got any free mental/performance freebie samples please hook me up!!! I am such a moocher...but dang it I spent around $500 today!

12. BCAA
    Beta Alanine
    Na-R-ala
    Creatine Monohydrate
    WMS

13. leucine
    glutamine
    bcaa
    citrulline malate
    green tea extract

14. Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    you really feel ltyrosine? cool

i got bulk BA, taurine, leucine, and bunch fo bccaas
    For me the key to L-Tyrosine is 2 teaspoons on empty stomach .
    Pre workout stack only
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What are your Top 3 must have supplements
    By thills in forum Supplements
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 08:24 AM
  2. What are the top foods you shove in your face each day?
    By Thompson in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
  3. What are your goals?
    By Workman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 10:18 AM
  4. What are your TOP 3 FAV SONGS?? EVERYONE LIST
    By AlexParty in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 12:00 PM
  5. What are your other hobbies?