ON 100% Whey Pricing?

  1. Jet
    Jet is offline
    Registered User
    Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    341
    Answers
    0

    ON 100% Whey Pricing?


    Last time I put in an order that included a tub of ON 100% Whey, I only paid $34.99 for a 5lb container. Now it's $43.99, and even if you buy a 10lb bag for $80.99, it's still more expensive than two 5lb tubs at the old price

    Any chance of these prices ever dropping again? Or are our days of cheap protein over?

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,153
    Answers
    1


    Sadly, cheap whey is gone, probably forever. It was inevitable...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    sp33dkillz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    128
    Answers
    0


    That shocked me too, I hoped on 3 or 4 other sites and EVERYONE is up on their prices.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Answers
    0


    Still better than going mainstream (GNC) for that stuff but due to high demand, they are a lot higher than they were a year ago.
  5. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,409
    Answers
    0


    I believe there are alternate cheap options from Dogg crap and the true protein guys??
  6. Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
    Board Sponsor
    verner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Still better than going mainstream (GNC) for that stuff but due to high demand, they are a lot higher than they were a year ago.
    ON actually makes GNC's protein.
  7. Registered User
    PumpingIron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,690
    Answers
    0


    Go read some of CNizz's threads over in the Trueprotein subforum...he gives a complete explanation for this...

    It sucks but Rodja is probably right.
  8. Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
    Board Sponsor
    verner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    475
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    Last time I put in an order that included a tub of ON 100% Whey, I only paid $34.99 for a 5lb container. Now it's $43.99, and even if you buy a 10lb bag for $80.99, it's still more expensive than two 5lb tubs at the old price

    Any chance of these prices ever dropping again? Or are our days of cheap protein over?
    Be on the lookout though for quality, alternative protein sources at great prices in the near future !
  9. Registered User
    2fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    182
    Answers
    0


    This is the benefits of working at a Vitamin Shoppe =D!!
    A 10lb bag for me is $55 bucks!! I get 25% off everything muahahah!!!

    Honestly I still rarely buy anything from there...Nutraplanet stole my heart <3
  10. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by 2fresh View Post
    This is the benefits of working at a Vitamin Shoppe =D!!
    A 10lb bag for me is $55 bucks!! I get 25% off everything muahahah!!!

    Honestly I still rarely buy anything from there...Nutraplanet stole my heart <3
    haha. and your wallet It sure stole mine
  11. Jet
    Jet is offline
    Registered User
    Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    341
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by verner View Post
    Be on the lookout though for quality, alternative protein sources at great prices in the near future !
    I like the sound of that
  12. Registered User
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Answers
    0


    yeah.. we saw a jump that we all expected midway through the year from newsletters and emails that was about 5 bucks. Now it looks like in the past 2 months protein went up 10 to 15 more bucks. It's insane. I bought a 10lb bag of ON for 48 bucks before the jumps. I still have plenty of that but i've recently switched to their natural whey so it cost even more. I don't see these prices going down either. It's like gas... we got away with super cheap prices for some time and now it's going to be expensive and we can't do nothing about it but suck it up. It may even go up higher.

    Just wanna let you guys know. At sams club you can get EAS whey 6lb bag for 24-26 bucks. The quality isn't near ON with aminogen or anything but it's a cheap alternative.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Price?
    By SurfDan5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. New ON 100% Whey Flavors!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:24 PM
  3. ON 100% WHEY
    By IRISHRYG in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 12:29 PM
  4. ONs 100% whey protein pro complex
    By Crxy19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in