ON 100% Whey Pricing?

Jet

Awards
  • Established
Last time I put in an order that included a tub of ON 100% Whey, I only paid $34.99 for a 5lb container. Now it's $43.99, and even if you buy a 10lb bag for $80.99, it's still more expensive than two 5lb tubs at the old price :jaw:

Any chance of these prices ever dropping again? Or are our days of cheap protein over?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly, cheap whey is gone, probably forever. It was inevitable...

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
That shocked me too, I hoped on 3 or 4 other sites and EVERYONE is up on their prices.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still better than going mainstream (GNC) for that stuff but due to high demand, they are a lot higher than they were a year ago.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I believe there are alternate cheap options from Dogg crap and the true protein guys??

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Still better than going mainstream (GNC) for that stuff but due to high demand, they are a lot higher than they were a year ago.
ON actually makes GNC's protein.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Go read some of CNizz's threads over in the Trueprotein subforum...he gives a complete explanation for this...

It sucks but Rodja is probably right.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Last time I put in an order that included a tub of ON 100% Whey, I only paid $34.99 for a 5lb container. Now it's $43.99, and even if you buy a 10lb bag for $80.99, it's still more expensive than two 5lb tubs at the old price :jaw:

Any chance of these prices ever dropping again? Or are our days of cheap protein over?
Be on the lookout though for quality, alternative protein sources at great prices in the near future !

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
This is the benefits of working at a Vitamin Shoppe =D!!
A 10lb bag for me is $55 bucks!! I get 25% off everything muahahah!!!

Honestly I still rarely buy anything from there...Nutraplanet stole my heart <3

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
This is the benefits of working at a Vitamin Shoppe =D!!
A 10lb bag for me is $55 bucks!! I get 25% off everything muahahah!!!

Honestly I still rarely buy anything from there...Nutraplanet stole my heart <3
haha. and your wallet :twisted: It sure stole mine :bow28:

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
yeah.. we saw a jump that we all expected midway through the year from newsletters and emails that was about 5 bucks. Now it looks like in the past 2 months protein went up 10 to 15 more bucks. It's insane. I bought a 10lb bag of ON for 48 bucks before the jumps. I still have plenty of that but i've recently switched to their natural whey so it cost even more. I don't see these prices going down either. It's like gas... we got away with super cheap prices for some time and now it's going to be expensive and we can't do nothing about it but suck it up. It may even go up higher.

Just wanna let you guys know. At sams club you can get EAS whey 6lb bag for 24-26 bucks. The quality isn't near ON with aminogen or anything but it's a cheap alternative.