RPN scar cream

phantom

Awards
  • Established
I know u guys over at RPN are pretty busy, and have a lot goin on,and will probably now have all to do to keep liquid lather in stock, but is there any ETA on a all around scar/stretchmark cream?It would be cool to have something to apply in the morning or at night, or right after java lather.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We are trying to perfect the formula now. Maybe in around 2 weeks or so. Don't quote me on that though.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Cool-I was hoping this would come out soon.This way it's kinda like a scar treatment stack..java lather in the shower and cream for after.If u can say, what might this formula look like?

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Also, would this be scented on unscented?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool-I was hoping this would come out soon.This way it's kinda like a scar treatment stack..java lather in the shower and cream for after.If u can say, what might this formula look like?
Formula will have the same basic active ingredients, but instead of a coffee exfoliant, we are using something very similar, that has some amazing skin healing properties. Also looking at something in increase surface blood flow (have the ingredient in mind, just have to make sure it has a nice feel.)

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Formula will have the same basic active ingredients, but instead of a coffee exfoliant, we are using something very similar, that has some amazing skin healing properties. Also looking at something in increase surface blood flow (have the ingredient in mind, just have to make sure it has a nice feel.)
Sweet- I had actually just asked about that-it would make sense that inceasing blood flow in a scarred area would help with healing.And as far a scent,I could go with either...as long as it works, I'll be happy.Do you think you'll be having testers on this cream?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sweet- I had actually just asked about that-it would make sense that inceasing blood flow in a scarred area would help with healing.And as far a scent,I could go with either...as long as it works, I'll be happy.Do you think you'll be having testers on this cream?
Since the formula has already proven itself, I think we will just release this for retail sale.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Since the formula has already proven itself, I think we will just release this for retail sale.
Sweet-8 oz. container?Hopefully it will be out around my next order,which now with all orders, always has atleast one bar of java lather.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Formula will have the same basic active ingredients, but instead of a coffee exfoliant, we are using something very similar, that has some amazing skin healing properties.

Would that be green coffee bean?I remember u mentioned it-
I did a search for it and what it could do for skin-didn't find much but did have some cool things about it.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Coffee Benefits - Move Over Green Tea

by Rebecca Prescott

Green coffee beans have supplied a new player in the antioxidant arena. An extract of green coffee beans has been found to have a stronger antioxidant effect than established antioxidants like green tea and grape seed extract.

The active constituent in coffee that is responsible for its many health benefits is a compound called chlorogenic acid. It neutralizes free radicals, and addresses the problem of hydroxyl radicals, both of which can lead to cellular degeneration if left unchecked. Chlorogenic acid also helps regulate metabolism. Compared to green tea and grape seed extract, green coffee bean extract is twice as effective in absorbing oxygen free radicals.

One of the advantages of using the green coffee bean extract is that the negative effects of coffee are avoided. The chlorogenic acid is thought to boost metabolism by changing the way glucose is taken up by the body. And it does contain caffeic acids, which give a boost to energy levels like regular coffee does. But unlike boiled coffee, green coffee bean extract contains no cafestol, which is a diterpene. Along with its diterpene relative kahweol, cafestol increases concentrations of the 'bad' cholesterol, LDL, to levels that over a lifetime might increase the risk of coronary heart disease by as much as 20% These diterpenes also had an effect on the levels of liver enzymes measured. When these are elevated it is an indicator of stress on the liver. However the study that measured this found this was a transient effect, and also that the levels of liver enzymes were much lower than those with liver disease.

As a side note on the health effect of the diterpenes found in regular coffee, it was found that by simply drinking filter coffee, none of these effects on cholesterol levels or the liver took place. The coffee filter removed the offending diterpenes. And levels of these diterpenes in instant coffee are low.

Other benefits of green coffee bean extract include an increase in the effectiveness of pain killers, especially for migraine medications; a reduction in the risk of diabetes; and assisting the body burn a higher proportion of lipids (fats) compared to carbohydrates, which could help with muscle fatigue for athletes and bodybuilders.

Interestingly, on the subject of caffeine and liver disease, further studies have indicated it may in fact support liver health for some people. Those who were at high risk of developing liver disease due to drinking too much alcohol were found less likely to suffer liver damage if they drank more than two cups of coffee or tea a day. This was a population based study, not a clinical trial, and so is not conclusive on the subject. But it does offer some promising information. Those drinking in excess of two cups or more a day were half as likely to develop liver disease compared to those drinking less than one cup a day. Researchers do not know what caused this protective effect.

One of the criticisms of coffee in regards to health is that it leaches calcium from the bones. But this effect has been found to be overemphasized, at least in children. And adults who consume a diet with sufficient levels of calcium will be protected from the small amount of calcium that is lost due to coffee consumption.

So the old axiom that caffeine can stunt a child's growth is a myth. It was based on the fact that in older studies, caffeine was associated with low bone mass because those studies were done on elderly people who both drank a lot of coffee and had diets that were low in calcium. Recent studies in the US followed 80 teenagers over 6 years, and found no difference in the bone density of those with a high level of caffeine in their diet, compared to those teenagers who had little caffeine. Other studies determined that the amount of calcium lost from bones is small and can be balanced by having sufficient calcium in your diet.

References: Australian Healthy Food Magazine, January. http://www.nutraingredients.com/news/ng.asp?n=643516&m=1FSND06&idP=2&c=qgtqmovbyiaxdub http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arch/11_30_96/food.htm

fitnecise

Awards
Coffee Benefits - Move Over Green Tea

by Rebecca Prescott

Green coffee beans have supplied a new player in the antioxidant arena. An extract of green coffee beans has been found to have a stronger antioxidant effect than established antioxidants like green tea and grape seed extract.

The active constituent in coffee that is responsible for its many health benefits is a compound called chlorogenic acid. It neutralizes free radicals, and addresses the problem of hydroxyl radicals, both of which can lead to cellular degeneration if left unchecked. Chlorogenic acid also helps regulate metabolism. Compared to green tea and grape seed extract, green coffee bean extract is twice as effective in absorbing oxygen free radicals.
chlorogenic acid orally increases homocysteine at a high dose, but most doesn't even get to the blood stream in humans afaik

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
chlorogenic acid orally increases homocysteine at a high dose, but most doesn't even get to the blood stream in humans afaik
this is what we are counting on for the cosmetic line. If we end up using it in a fat burner, we will address the Homocysteine issues....well, why am I telling you this, you already know. ;)

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Will this be sent out w/ the new bars? I want to place a NP order this wk.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will this be sent out w/ the new bars? I want to place a NP order this wk.
Putting the finishing touches. Unfortunately, the jars still have not arrived, so we have nothing to ship them in.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Putting the finishing touches. Unfortunately, the jars still have not arrived, so we have nothing to ship them in.
How about in a few large jugs, if you have any, and are will to send it beta style. I can ask darren to include it in my order and pay whatever price for the amt. I have a lot of stretch marks that desperately need the attention :).

fitnecise

Awards
this is what we are counting on for the cosmetic line. If we end up using it in a fat burner, we will address the Homocysteine issues....well, why am I telling you this, you already know. ;)
yeah just saying, I don't think its good for anything except for topically on skin.

This recent study suggests it may not even be a worthwhile antiox in vivo

Not all fruit antioxidants behave alike, USDA

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 3
Supplements 3
Supplements 0
Supplements 15
Supplements 3