Rising protein costs

Bwill

Awards
Any idea if/when the rising costs of milk proteins (specifically whey) are going to slow down? Optimum is now $43 for a 5 pounder when a year ago it was 25 bucks. Has Optimum hinted that more price increases are on the way? Also, has anyone looked into egg white as a viable alternative? The only egg protein powder I have seen is the Optimum version, and it has always been relatively expensive.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rising Ethanol demand = higher corn prices=more expense to feed cows=increase in overhead for milk products=higher prices for whey.

There is no solution in site, especially as people push more and more for corn-based products.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The silver lining to this is that more people will have to start eating whole foods for their protein. The availability and price of proteins made most lifters too dependent on them.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The silver lining to this is that more people will have to start eating whole foods for their protein. The availability and price of proteins made most lifters too dependent on them.
Chicken and beef both eat grain. Price will be rising there as well.

Seafood should stay reasonable for some time to come, though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chicken and beef both eat grain. Price will be rising there as well.

Seafood should stay reasonable for some time to come, though.
Chicken and beef have been rising for a while. Fish, especially salmon, has been getting way too pricey for me. Hell, even eggs have gotten about 30% higher.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chicken and beef have been rising for a while. Fish, especially salmon, has been getting way too pricey for me. Hell, even eggs have gotten about 30% higher.
Have you looked into cannibalism?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess I could use them for my re-animation project.
Definitely have to recreate the scene where the disembodied head eats out that girl...hot.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote