L-Leucine Variations?

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Today I cracked open my tub of Leucine that I ordered from Nutra about 2 weeks ago and the look, consistency, and taste are very different than the Leucine I am accustomed to (From CNW). The new tub looks and feels grainular, like sand, as compared to the "old" container which was light and flakey and everescent. The new tu also has a more sour and pungent (sp) flavor as the old tub was almost tasteless or slightly stale taste.

I just wanted to know if there is a reason for the variations and if it is normal or if something got mixed up with the Leucine agian?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never known Leucine to taste sour or pungent. Apparently the new Leucine does not have the same micronized mesh size that we had gotten before, which is why they are sandier. The mistake has been corrected for next order, when we will be going back to the super fine mesh.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I actually like the 'sandier' versions as they mix better and the powder does not float to the top nor get all over the place.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
I have never known Leucine to taste sour or pungent. Apparently the new Leucine does not have the same micronized mesh size that we had gotten before, which is why they are sandier. The mistake has been corrected for next order, when we will be going back to the super fine mesh.
Just wanted to make sure I didnt get something else by mistake, last time there was a mix-up and I got Taurine instead.

Thanks for the great service and prices as always.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually like the 'sandier' versions as they mix better and the powder does not float to the top nor get all over the place.
Interesting. I have not had a chance to play with it. Does it dissolve ok?

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I have not had a chance to play with it. Does it dissolve ok?
As Bruth said about as well as the other leucine. There's minimal settling at the bottom and no foam at the top, it stays nicely suspended/dissolved. I prefer it but others may not.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As Bruth said about as well as the other leucine. There's minimal settling at the bottom and no foam at the top, it stays nicely suspended/dissolved. I prefer it but others may not.
:::getting credit card to order:::

Sounds like we should stick with this material, then.

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
Just to chime in. . . . I have only had the super duper ultra micronized version, and I would have much preferred a larger granule version. It got everywhere and didn't mix the greatest. Went through the whole container though :)

shakti

Awards
hmmmmm i got leucine too , its definately not sandier is more like silk and just wont dissolve at all .....and the taste OMG! i wonder how bad will Bulk BCAAs be.

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
shakti did you try mixing it with crystal lite? takes that cheesy/jerky taste right out of it;) Give it time to disolve it takes a few minutes.

shakti

Awards
actually not crystal light since i dont get it here but i tried mixing it with a pineapple flavoured drink, did not mix at all just kept floating on the top...and no the taste is not cheesy/jerky like at all its jut plain disgusting..lol
i think i am gonna get these capped i have 3 kilos of leucine so there will be a ton of caps, i just need to find caps that can hold about a gram if this the ones i have are more like 500mg size so i dont like the idea of taking 10 caps just to get my 5 gram.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just started my new batch of luecine and its the nastiest tasting crap Ive ever tasted. Digusting! Theres a HUge difference between my last batch and this stuff. I cant take that many teaspoons of it. I might have to flavor it or could Np just send my anaother bTCH. I HAVE A KILO WORTH AND iTS EXTREMELY DISGUSTING. iVE NEVER TAsted stuff this taste.

Ill have to try cystal light or somthing. so far I tryed my fruit post training shake..nope. my stomach turns

I tryed cranberry juice...nope

i tryed gadotade ..Nope

I cant take more than a few grams before I get sick. ~

Note * My previous luecine did NOt disolve*

Ill stick it out and take it like a man and try to adjust. Hoeveer so far its been absolutely nasty tasting