Guidance using NP's WMS

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
I just got this stuff from NP, but I was just wondering the best way to incorporate it into my pre and post workout nutrition. I read the info on the site, but it seems I've also read it really should only be used pwo. And I've read it should be used for both. So, I'm a bit confused. I just want to use it in the most effective manner possible.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am boosting my during workout consumption with EXTREMELY good results.

Currently (sans secret ingredients, due to imminent THRIVE release) I am taking in around 70g WMS with around 20g BCAA (and as mentioned, several other goodies). The pumps are almost painful, but not in an NO supp way...very solid pump throughout the whole muscle, with a feeling of fullness that penetrates my whole musculature. Consume this at the beginning of your workout, and try to have it all finished by 3/4 of the way through. 4 scoops of Watermelon Xtend in a 20 ounce Black Cherry Propel (you will have to drink some of the propel beforehand to make room) makes for a tasty Black Cherry Watermelon drink.

Post workout, I would (though I have been slack here) follow up with another 75 grams combined with some creatine and whey hydrolysate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am boosting my during workout consumption with EXTREMELY good results.

Currently (sans secret ingredients, due to imminent THRIVE release) I am taking in around 70g WMS with around 20g BCAA (and as mentioned, several other goodies). The pumps are almost painful, but not in an NO supp way...very solid pump throughout the whole muscle, with a feeling of fullness that penetrates my whole musculature.

Post workout, I would (though I have been slack here) follow up with another 75 grams combined with some creatine and whey hydrolysate.
Does WMS have the same rules for protein as Vitargo e.g. use with only BCAAs or EAAs? I thought I remember reading that somewhere about WMS.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does WMS have the same rules for protein as Vitargo e.g. use with only BCAAs or EAAs? I thought I remember reading that somewhere about WMS.
Conventional wisdom is no more than 30% of the weight of the WMS in "other goodies".

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Conventional wisdom is no more than 30% of the weight of the WMS in "other goodies".
yeah I was going with 70-75g WMS with 20-25g others...

I was adding in 2-3 scoops of Xtend with 2g GEE and 2.5g Creatine Gluconate and I really liked it

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotcha. I was about to start incorporating WMS into my supplement arsenal and wanted to make sure of the proper way to dose it. I will probably stick with BCAAs, Beta Alanine, and WMS for pre/post WO followed by a whole food meal ~1 hr later.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I finally have fundage (and supply) to get that testing going for Thrive. Unflavored (this has been the main sticking point...amazing how hard it is to find a decent flavour guy), but extremely effective.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I finally have fundage (and supply) to get that testing going for Thrive. Unflavored (this has been the main sticking point...amazing how hard it is to find a decent flavour guy), but extremely effective.
When do you plan on this happening?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When do you plan on this happening?
Can probably have all ingredients here within a week, and mixed in a day....so end of next week?

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have a better idea of how to use it.

Pre-workout I'll continue with my whey shake, green mag, BA, and RPM (4 caps)

I've been drinking Purple Wraath during my workout (a couple of scoops in about a 1/2 gal. of water). I guess I'll add a couple of 70 cc scoops (~68 grams) of WMS to that.

For my pwo shake, I'll add 2 scoops of WMS to one scoop of my whey shake. I mix in there BA and CEE.

Sound ok?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have a better idea of how to use it.

Pre-workout I'll continue with my whey shake, green mag, BA, and RPM (4 caps)

I've been drinking Purple Wraath during my workout (a couple of scoops in about a 1/2 gal. of water). I guess I'll add a couple of 70 cc scoops (~68 grams) of WMS to that.

For my pwo shake, I'll add 2 scoops of WMS to one scoop of my whey shake. I mix in there BA and CEE.

Sound ok?
Sounds like a good plan. You will be able to tell the difference after the first workout...let me know how it goes for you.

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
I'll do that. I'm looking forward to my Friday morning workout!!!

Btw, how is the mixability of this stuff? Is it a clumpy mess?

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll do that. I'm looking forward to my Friday morning workout!!!

Btw, how is the mixability of this stuff? Is it a clumpy mess?
i had no issues at all

doesnt affect flavor too much either, just a little chalky

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
I did notice a difference. My energy level was much more consistent throughout my workout. Usually I'm dragging a$$ a bit by the end, and this morning was improved. I did have a bit of a bloated/water-logged feeling towards the end of my workout, but it didn't really interfere with anything.

Post workout was also improved. Following my WMS/whey shake I felt and looked "fuller" than usual. And I definitely wasn't as fatigued once I got to work. Usually I'm ready for nap time.

And the chalkiness kinda sucks, but I got used to it. After downing bulk CEE, nothing tastes bad in comparison.

Overall WMS is a great addition to my supplement stack. I just don't know what took me so long to discover it. Thanks for all the advice.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did notice a difference. My energy level was much more consistent throughout my workout. Usually I'm dragging a$$ a bit by the end, and this morning was improved. I did have a bit of a bloated/water-logged feeling towards the end of my workout, but it didn't really interfere with anything.

Post workout was also improved. Following my WMS/whey shake I felt and looked "fuller" than usual. And I definitely wasn't as fatigued once I got to work. Usually I'm ready for nap time.

And the chalkiness kinda sucks, but I got used to it. After downing bulk CEE, nothing tastes bad in comparison.

Overall WMS is a great addition to my supplement stack. I just don't know what took me so long to discover it. Thanks for all the advice.
Awesome...I am a huge fan of Waxy Maize, and those that say other carb sources are all the same have not tried it.

themandaloria

Awards
hmm so it's good to take it pre? What if my workout is 2 hours?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

themandaloria

Awards
Oh, huh i have some GU which i was using, would drinking it during blunt it's effects if you use it after.

And how much energy do you get from it?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is GU?

IRISHRYG

Board Supporter
Awards
is still getting released under rpn? what does it consist of....bcaas,waxy maize?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is still getting released under rpn? what does it consist of....bcaas,waxy maize?
Probably RPN...

BCAAs, WMS, Taurine, Leucine, Beta-Alanine, Creatine (probably Mono or Malate), Carnitine, Citrulline Malate, and most likely something like Vanadyl Sulfate.

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
Awesome. However, according to an article I just downloaded off the EFX website, Kre-Alkalyn (EFX now owns the patent) would be the way to go, as (according to them), ALL other creatines are far inferior. :rolleyes:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a 'first thing in the morning guy', so I like to try and get carbs into my system ASAP before working out. With WMS, I can gulp down ~50ish quick carbs no problem. If I use something with dextrose in it (I used to use gatorade powder), 50g will make me feel sick.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Probably RPN...

BCAAs, WMS, Taurine, Leucine, Beta-Alanine, Creatine (probably Mono or Malate), Carnitine, Citrulline Malate, and most likely something like Vanadyl Sulfate.
There are studies out saying that beta alanine and taurine fight for absorbtion (or so I've been told at least). This would be worth looking into for you.

May I give a huge vote for using Dicrea. Malate?!?! lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are studies out saying that beta alanine and taurine fight for absorbtion (or so I've been told at least). This would be worth looking into for you.

May I give a huge vote for using Dicrea. Malate?!?! lol
Apparently that concern was way overblown. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, problem.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Apparently that concern was way overblown. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, problem.
okay, I figured you would have looked into it already but still thought I might as well give the heads up in case you weren't aware.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
okay, I figured you would have looked into it already but still thought I might as well give the heads up in case you weren't aware.
Much appreciated, as always.

dtrain13

dtrain13

Awards
  • Established
This is very true. They compete at the blood brain barrier only. Which can be an issue if your ingesting around 60 grams of BA daily for 40 or so weeks and consuming zero protein.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
This is very true. They compete at the blood brain barrier only. Which can be an issue if your ingesting around 60 grams of BA daily for 40 or so weeks and consuming zero protein.
hahaha so like who wants to kill themselves taking 60g of BA. wtf.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd rather get bunch of BJs than a bunch of BA.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I just want to chime and and say that WMS kicks ass!! I am taking about 75-100 grams that I start drinking when I get to the gym and sip on during. I add sugar free grape drink mix to it and it makes it taste really good. I am going to leave a review on the website when I get a chance. The only thing that I think would be cool would be if the tub came with a scoop.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just want to chime and and say that WMS kicks ass!! I am taking about 75-100 grams that I start drinking when I get to the gym and sip on during. I add sugar free grape drink mix to it and it makes it taste really good. I am going to leave a review on the website when I get a chance. The only thing that I think would be cool would be if the tub came with a scoop.
This can be arranged.

TheBrent

Awards
Probably RPN...

Is this going to be a new PWO mix they put out?

When can it be expected to come out, and around what price?

Thanks for any of these questions you're able to answer right now!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this going to be a new PWO mix they put out?

When can it be expected to come out, and around what price?

Thanks for any of these questions you're able to answer right now!
This is actually going to be geared towards DURING workout. Should have a price for you soon.

juggernaut333

Awards
  • Established
i picked up a few lbs of this recently and love the stuff.dex/malto comparitively suck donkey dong imo.

now,i see recomendations for during as well as pwo ingestion(of course)what about pre workout to have it in your system?no?

also,how the heck do u guys get your bcaa to dissolve(or come anywhere close to it)in your shakes?or do yall basically just shake it up and down it best u can?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i picked up a few lbs of this recently and love the stuff.dex/malto comparitively suck donkey dong imo.

now,i see recomendations for during as well as pwo ingestion(of course)what about pre workout to have it in your system?no?

also,how the heck do u guys get your bcaa to dissolve(or come anywhere close to it)in your shakes?or do yall basically just shake it up and down it best u can?
Shake shake shake...let sit for 5 minutes (preferrably in fridge), shake again and it should be good.

Preworkout would be ok, but you want nutrients being shuttled into muscle ASAP, as well as sending a strong signal that your fuel stores are topped out. IMO, During workout and PWO are THE most effective time to use.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered the Kwick Karb WMS and am extremely excited about it. Dex/Malto works good but it just gives me a very full feeling with all that sugar and I feel that it also makes me fatter in the belly area. I'm hoping WMS doesn't give me sugar gut (inside and out)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered the Kwick Karb WMS and am extremely excited about it. Dex/Malto works good but it just gives me a very full feeling with all that sugar and I feel that it also makes me fatter in the belly area. I'm hoping WMS doesn't give me sugar gut (inside and out)
Not that I, or anyone I spoke to, has noticed at all. WMS is GOD...oh wait, that is Clapton.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've gotta be honest, that's the one thing that I absolutely love about WMS. I don't get that full feelinging like I'm gonna barf. I just get the energy and I'm good to go.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With WMS you'll avoid gastro intestinal problems, but if Malto or Dextrose is making you fat, that would be the same with WMS. WMS is a high GI carb just like Maltodextrine or dextrose.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With WMS you'll avoid gastro intestinal problems, but if Malto or Dextrose is making you fat, that would be the same with WMS. WMS is a high GI carb just like Maltodextrine or dextrose.
I disagree

When I use weight gainer's full of Malto. I gain fat around my stomach over nite it seems. I simply switched to 75gr of WMS and its night and day. My stomach doesnt gain fat like it does on Malto/Dex.

WMS+AP/YG has workd great for me.....WMS solo has been great also (ran it w/out AP/YG for about a month)

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I disagree

When I use weight gainer's full of Malto. I gain fat around my stomach over nite it seems. I simply switched to 75gr of WMS and its night and day. My stomach doesnt gain fat like it does on Malto/Dex.

WMS+AP/YG has workd great for me.....WMS solo has been great also (ran it w/out AP/YG for about a month)
You gain fat over night? Are you talking about bloat or fat?
May be when you take Malto/gainer you take more than 75g at once.
I don't see how you can gain less fat from WMS than from Malto. Both are hi GI carbs.