Bulk coleus forskholli??

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
Any chance this will appear at NP in the future?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been working with an Indian supplier...so this is possible.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would be a great addition... speaking of india, hows about some bulk bananba?:D

shakti

Awards
I have been working with an Indian supplier...so this is possible.
how about safed musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum ) and Mucuna Pruriens, i am sure u can give a nice price to nutra customers......also aamla (indian gooseberry) as it has tons of benifits and is pretty cheap here in india ...well i am pretty sure you know more about this than me.
i am just waiting for bulk x factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
I inquired about this not so much for its fat burning effects due to raising cAMP levels, but I was wanting to experiment with it for its potential tanning effects.

I'm sure some of you are aware about the study where topical application of coleus turned mice practically black. The darker pigmentation produced was real, and not staining or superficial coloring of the epidermis (like self tanners).

I'm on another forum (about tanning) where a gal is taking a large daily dosage of 20% extract (2 grams I think), and she claims it is enhancing her ability to tan and decrease burning. So far she is doing ok, but the large dose does concern me due to potentially affecting the thyroid.

It's probably a long shot, but I wonder how this would be mixed with penetrate and applied topically. May be worth looking into.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well since Nutra doesn't carry it, I hope they don't mind if I let you guys know that Custom Nutrition Warehouse does, and they are a board sponsor also.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well since Nutra doesn't carry it, I hope they don't mind if I let you guys know that Custom Nutrition Warehouse does, and they are a board sponsor also.
I don't think they still do. So get on it D!

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on another forum (about tanning) where a gal is taking a large daily dosage of 20% extract (2 grams I think), and she claims it is enhancing her ability to tan and decrease burning. So far she is doing ok, but the large dose does concern me due to potentially affecting the thyroid.
is she dosing orally or topically @ 2grams a day?
I'm definately interested in topical coleus for tanning purposes

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he was referring to her "topical" dosing which would imply that she was mixing it into some sort of cream and lathering it on much the same as a self tan cream.

fromkrypton

fromkrypton

Awards
Actually she is taking an oral dose of around 2 grams/day. She is also taking about 3 grams/day of astragalus and a high dose of vitamin D (at least 5000 ius).

The forum I mentioned is at www.melanotan.org (go to the "discussion area") which is primarily about using Melanotan II (or Melantan I which is a much smaller %). However, many have had bad experiences with MII and are seeking other tanning methods. So there is a subsection of the forum about non-MII experimentation.

Also, a couple of people have tried topical coleus in various homemade carriers with poor results.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think he was referring to her "topical" dosing which would imply that she was mixing it into some sort of cream and lathering it on much the same as a self tan cream.
Speaking of topical forskolin, Dsade, did anyone ever actually try adding the 95% to a Lipoderm carrier? I remember reading an old thread on M&M about that being a possibility but expensive.

teak

Awards
Speaking of topical forskolin, Dsade, did anyone ever actually try adding the 95% to a Lipoderm carrier? I remember reading an old thread on M&M about that being a possibility but expensive.
Never seen 95% extract for general sale. Although supposedly Sabinsa do supply ForsLean in 10%, 20%, 40% and 95% extracts. But thought they market the 95% extract to the cosmetics industry.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I got 95% once, it was either from Nutra or CNW. I cant remember which one. Wish they'd get it back in stock again.

Shavani

Awards
Hey,

I'm really interested in the pigmentation thing. Melanotan also darkened my hair and that's something I'd like to achieve with things that dont require needles.

I've heard that people had success with topical forskolin. I just dont know how to put it in a formula