Bulk Powder/Material Certs

1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Exclamation Bulk Powder/Material Certs

I would like to know where I can find the posted certs that accompany all these bulk products that NutraPlanet has for sale on their sight.

There was an issue with CLA where the content of isomers was supposed to be 50:50. Then it is 60:40. So what has been stocked and sold to the customer:
    Ultra Pure, Ulta Potent, Ultra Priced--BULK CLA SUPREME CAPS!

Now I have a situation where I am unsure of what exactly I have when I purchased NP's Green Tea. We have one statement that it is the "Same extract. Same Supplier." We also have a statement that it "is brown, not green".

NutraPlanet Presents...TEA-GCG, Green Tea Caps
    Green Tea Extract

I have an other guys powder sitting right here and it is green. I also have NP's caps right here and they are brown.

I would like to be able to more clearly understand what exactly I have in my hands regarding the difference between these two (green) tea extracts that are as different as green and brown.

When can we expect to see material certs for all of the materials that are being sold in bulk and capped by NP.

Thanks.
    Your friendly neighborhood intelligent consumer

2. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Certs will typically have varying color tolerances. The most common one you'll see (for example) is color ranging from white to yellow.

I'll let Dsade chime in, but I recall something similar being brought up in another thread with their bulk GTX powder being a reddish color.

I do agree that seeing some certs would be convenient for us "pain-in-the-ass" consumers, and shouldn't be too tough to do as shipments should arrive with the cert (and usually an MSDS) attached.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Certs will typically have varying color tolerances. The most common one you'll see (for example) is color ranging from white to yellow.
    Yes, of course. I am in the quality manufacturing industry for 20+ years working with everything from resins to metals. It is not unusual. But of course as a QE in the field I require accompanying documentation for traceability and liability purpose.
    I do agree that seeing some certs would be convenient for us "pain-in-the-ass" consumers, and shouldn't be too tough to do as shipments should arrive with the cert (and usually an MSDS) attached.
    Not just convenient, but also reasonable and prudent.

My being a pain in the ass is not just limited to my consumer role

I'm sure you could concur.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

On the note of color - I've learned through my real world job that tracing a difference in color in a collection of molecules is pretty damn tough.
    Typically a few PPM's of one molecule can radically change a color of a mixture.

We had an issue with a C5 (5 carbon) mixture that had turned piss yellow (no I didn't pee in a distillation tower....though I've wanted to). Turned out it was like less than 10 ppm of a dimer of an additive.
    That took 6 months of a chemisrty witch hunt to figure out. Ugh.

Agree with the premise, B. I'd like to see the certificates also.
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    On the note of color - I've learned through my real world job
    So you are saying there IS another world? What's the job market like there?

It also smells and tastes differently too.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I asked about the "brown" GTE once, and all I really recall is that Dsade said it was a "better extract". I'm curious as well to the color difference. I'd think that 50% ECGC means just that. I just ran out of nutras GTE and have the other guys now too. Would really like to know what the difference is between them.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.51%

i would like to see the certs as well.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.33%

GTE has always been brown. I used primaforce and NOW for a long time, brown is the way it always has been. If it is green I can imagine its more of the leaf than the extract
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.94%

Quote Originally Posted by zachattack43 View Post
    GTE has always been brown. I used primaforce and NOW for a long time, brown is the way it always has been. If it is green I can imagine its more of the leaf than the extract
    BulkNut's is brown.
  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The CLA currently offered is 50:50. The NEW products I am working on bringing in will be 60:40. This is what I have been saying, but I think it is being misunderstood.

The CLA cert is supposed to be on the way, but this supplier's right hand man is out until Monday, so I will assume it will be sent then.

The Green Tea extract is standardized for polyphenols, of which EGCG is one. The strong extract is brown, not green. The green is chlorophyll, and come when an inferior extract (or even a straight powder) is used containing a bunch of plant material.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

That's just swell news. Looking forward to the certs on that as well as all the other fine bulk products you have brought to the retail market.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.5%

Perhaps posting certs on the actual webpage accompanying each particular product. I know ...., does this and it is reassuring seeing the post on the webpage. I think there was a previous thread where Sam uploaded a bunch of CoA's, but if he could get the uploaded on the NP website that would be awesome. I know you guys are busy at NP!
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChip View Post
    Perhaps posting certs on the actual webpage accompanying each particular product. I know ...., does this and it is reassuring seeing the post on the webpage. I think there was a previous thread where Sam uploaded a bunch of CoA's, but if he could get the uploaded on the NP website that would be awesome. I know you guys are busy at NP!
    This is the plan. Everyone has been completely slammed, but this will be a priority.
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.57%

the problem with that is sites (using BN for example)dont seemto update there certs,what your looking at is the original cert from the original batch.like for instance piracetam on BN's site is a big seller its on there top 10 but the cert they have posted is from jan of 06(manufacture date)..what about the batches after that?
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.16%

Quote Originally Posted by wojo View Post
    the problem with that is sites (using BN for example)dont seemto update there certs,what your looking at is the original cert from the original batch.like for instance piracetam on BN's site is a big seller its on there top 10 but the cert they have posted is from jan of 06(manufacture date)..what about the batches after that?
    Good point.
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%

Quote Originally Posted by wojo View Post
    Most suppliers bring in large batches in a shipment (saves cost). The certs are usualy updated when e/they get a new shipment with a new batch number.
  17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    The CLA currently offered is 50:50. The NEW products I am working on bringing in will be 60:40. This is what I have been saying, but I think it is being misunderstood.

The CLA cert is supposed to be on the way, but this supplier's right hand man is out until Monday, so I will assume it will be sent then.

The Green Tea extract is standardized for polyphenols, of which EGCG is one. The strong extract is brown, not green. The green is chlorophyll, and come when an inferior extract (or even a straight powder) is used containing a bunch of plant material.
    Can you or anyone attest to the impact of the caffeine concentration when the green tea extract is of higher concentration?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChip View Post
    This is the plan. Everyone has been completely slammed, but this will be a priority.
    Do we have certs yet for this and others?
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Can you or anyone attest to the impact of the caffeine concentration when the green tea extract is of higher concentration?
    In general, the high concentration extracts are around 98% polyphenols. This leaves 2% for "other", inlcuding caffeine. For a 50% EGCG product, 500mg would yield around 25mg of caffeine...or.5%

Do we have certs yet for this and others?
    The lab is organizing everything in a package deal. I would imagine the section will be complete with the launch of the new website.
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    In general, the high concentration extracts are around 98% polyphenols. This leaves 2% for "other", inlcuding caffeine. For a 50% EGCG product, 500mg would yield around 25mg of caffeine...or.5%
    That does confirm my theory that the higher quality product that you provide may he higher in caffeine than what I am used to. I have used the 'green' version and have had no over stimulation from it. I feel like I am a bit more overstimulated from the 'brown' that you have provided by evidence of insomnia while using the same dose and timing. Just a theory but I have proven it out (reduced dose) for myself and it seems to be the case.
    The lab is organizing everything in a package deal. I would imagine the section will be complete with the launch of the new website.
    I remember reading or the hinting of the new site. That would be a great addition.

Thanks
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%

That does confirm my theory that the higher quality product that you provide may he higher in caffeine than what I am used to. I have used the 'green' version and have had no over stimulation from it. I feel like I am a bit more overstimulated from the 'brown' that you have provided by evidence of insomnia while using the same dose and timing. Just a theory but I have proven it out (reduced dose) for myself and it seems to be the case.I remember reading or the hinting of the new site. That would be a great addition.

Thanks
    Don't forget as well that GTE is a COMT inhibitor, which prolongs the action of stims that act on adrenal hormones. The more potent extract could be preventing the breakdown of noradrenaline, which would result in feeling the stim more.
  21. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Interesting. Thanks for that insight.

"Catechol-O-methyltransferase: COMT. An enzyme that catalyzes the degradation of catecholamines, including the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. COMT is also important in the metabolism of catechol drugs used in the treatment of hypertension, asthma, and Parkinson disease. A genetic polymorphism (a common normal variant) in COMT contributes to the responses to pain and stress."

I was not familiar with the acronym and was unaware of the action. Correct definition of the acronym?
  22. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%

Interesting. Thanks for that insight.

"Catechol-O-methyltransferase: COMT. An enzyme that catalyzes the degradation of catecholamines, including the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. COMT is also important in the metabolism of catechol drugs used in the treatment of hypertension, asthma, and Parkinson disease. A genetic polymorphism (a common normal variant) in COMT contributes to the responses to pain and stress."

I was not familiar with the acronym and was unaware of the action. Correct definition of the acronym?
    Dead on. This is one of the ways Green Tea is such a potent fat burner.

I actually used Green Tea in the original formulation of Clear Edge...when we were focusing on doing a Poker Formula. During the first test when I went to bluff, I discovered why it was a foolish idea to use it, since my hands were shaking so badly I almost spilled beer all over the table. Not exactly the ideal compound for appearing cool and collected.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 04:05 PM
  2. m1t bulk powder?
    By jxhopper in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 09:09 PM
  3. Bulk powder and capping info.
    By Vageta in forum Anabolics