PowerButter

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Think you guys could stock PowerButter? It's natural peanut butter, flax, and egg whites mixed into one and tastes greattttt, i'd goin for the 5lb tub :)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not sure, we used to sell it but threw away more than we sold...

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure, we used to sell it but threw away more than we sold...
Yea thats how I picked mine up a few years ago. Local supp store wasn't selling much of it and it was 2 months from exp. date so I picked up 5lbs for like $15.

I was very pleased with it. i used it in the am if I was runnig late, or slap some on wheat toast before bed

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been tempted to buy it, but it's expensive isn't it?

Jsouth

Jsouth

Awards
That better be some anabolic peanut butter for a price like that

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That better be some anabolic peanut butter for a price like that
well it kinda is, I think it has 35gr protein with egg white protein and 20gr fat(10gr omega 3/6gr omega 6/ 4gr omega 9) or somthing to that effect. It tastes just like natty peanut butter too. Great for when u want a pb&j with a nice protein kick

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FWIR, Skippy natty pb is more of a hybrid between regular pb and natty pb (brands such as Smuckers). I can't remember what it was, but look through the ingredients and maybe you'll see what I'm talking about.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yea, if you don't have to stir the oil in and refridgerate it...it isn't really natural pb.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Think you guys could stock PowerButter? It's natural peanut butter, flax, and egg whites mixed into one and tastes greattttt, i'd goin for the 5lb tub :)
Agreed! This stuff is soooo good. I used to get jars every now and then, but it's a little pricey. I would definitely buy a bunch from NP if they carried it tho.

Pimp C

Awards
wal-mart has one that has the same stats and ingredients as powerbutter for about 60% of the price. can't think of the name though. personally i like smartbalances peanut butter. it's natural but the oil doesn't float to the top and it doesn't need to be refrigerated. check it out here: http://www.smartbalance.com/omega3.html

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
wal-mart has one that has the same stats and ingredients as powerbutter for about 60% of the price. can't think of the name though. personally i like smartbalances peanut butter. it's natural but the oil doesn't float to the top and it doesn't need to be refrigerated. check it out here: http://www.smartbalance.com/omega3.html
you are talking about Naturally More peanut butter. made very similar with peanuts, flax, honey, egg whites, and wheat germ. taste is awesome but i know power butter had problems with failed label claims in the past and i wouldnt be surprised if this failed miserably as well.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PimpC, that's got palm oil and molasses in it. Real natty pb is just peanuts! That being said though, I do like to add milled flax seeds to my pb sometimes.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Looks like i'll see if i can find a canadian distributor of this stuff to try, i don't blame NP for not bringing it back if they are just going to lose money on it.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
you are talking about Naturally More peanut butter. made very similar with peanuts, flax, honey, egg whites, and wheat germ. taste is awesome but i know power butter had problems with failed label claims in the past and i wouldnt be surprised if this failed miserably as well.
Also if I'm not mistaken, PowerButter has whole flax seeds in it. Or maybe that was PowerPB...unless they are the same. :think:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't PowerButter HUGELY fail label claims a while back?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got 5 lbs of this off Ebay for like $20 to $25 (including shipping).

I like it.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
I cannot recall the name, but you can pick up a brand that is almost completely comparable to Power Butter in almost any grochery store. It has a different name, but I can swear up and down it has to be made by the same company...it taste the same, same consistency, same profile (except a little less protein), and the jar is identical (with the same yellow lid). The main differeces are the name and the cost (very cheap!). Great stuff!

acshadow

acshadow

Awards
  • Established
I cannot recall the name, but you can pick up a brand that is almost completely comparable to Power Butter in almost any grochery store. It has a different name, but I can swear up and down it has to be made by the same company...it taste the same, same consistency, same profile (except a little less protein), and the jar is identical (with the same yellow lid). The main differeces are the name and the cost (very cheap!). Great stuff!
http://www.peanutsnack.com/

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i posted the name earlier. doesnt anyone listen? more importantly, has anyone noticed that there are two different types of this product that look identical and under the same name?

both are called naturally more with the exact same ingredient profile and and nutrition. however, 1 has a thicker lid, is wrapped in plastic, has more oil separation (a lot more), and taste different (not as sweet). the product sold at natural grocers such as whole foods or wild oats tastes much more like it should given the ingredient listing. the same product at conventional grocery stores and wal mart is way different but lists everything exactly the same. maybe theres a black market for this peanut butter...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Or maybe someone from NM is paranoid.... :trout:

BTW - family didn't move to Alb, NM - but Gainesville, FL. My brother decided to become a Gator (I vowed to disown him as a Miami Hurricane fan until he told me he'd get me tickets to the UM-FLA game Sept. 9th, 2008 at the Swamp. :woohoo:).

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Or maybe someone from NM is paranoid.... :trout:

BTW - family didn't move to Alb, NM - but Gainesville, FL. My brother decided to become a Gator (I vowed to disown him as a Miami Hurricane fan until he told me he'd get me tickets to the UM-FLA game Sept. 9th, 2008 at the Swamp. :woohoo:).
A GATOR??? if theres any college i hate more right now, its florida. not once but twice they embarassed us in a national championship game last year. UGH

anyways, how are the canes lookin without their guru coach larry coker?:icon_lol: im curious to see how their recruiting turned out after evrything that happened last season.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
There are alot of kids that go to UF that really aren't UF fans. I know quite a few Miami fans that had to go to UF because UM was too expensive (or didn't have their major - like me).
I don't think he'll root for them - probably will go to the games, but he grew up a Cane like I did. He's not as big into football as I am.

Let me say this - better get on the bandwagon by the end of the '07 season. We'll be somewhat better this year - but alot of the bad seeds need to graduate (or be cut - which has happened already). '08 and '09 look to when I think UM will be back to near the top of CFB (assuming Randy Shannon stays that long - which I think he will, didn't like the NFL as an assistant on the Dolphins).

Recruiting was actually better than most of us expected last year - with the season and the new head coach pretty late in the process. We actually pulled some kids that would have been Gates or Noles (did lose a few though).

This year appears to be starting out VERY well for us with recruiting - already got one of the top 5 in south FLA (Patrick Johnson, CB from Ely High).
I think the high school kids like Randy's story of discipline and getting Miami back to being Miami again.
I don't think teams will cherry pick south FLA much any more (sorry Gates :dance: ).

I'm telling you - get on board now, the train is (slowly :lol:) pulling out of the station.