thesinner's liver support homebrew
- 05-21-2007, 09:04 PM
thesinner's liver support homebrew
This is a really simple to make homebrew that can be easily made with a trip to the planet. It blends 2 highly synergistic liver support supplements into 1 easy to use/ easy to make homebrew.
What you will need:
1) A mason jar
2) A stirring rod (I used an old chopstick)
3) Milk Thistle Powder (80%) (125 gm) By NutraPlanet
4)Liquid Lecithin (16 oz) By NOW Foods
5) An Oral Syringe
6) A Cap'm'quik stand (optional)
7) NP Gel Caps "00" (1000 capsules) By NutraPlanet(optional)
What you do:
1) Dump Milk Thistle Powder into Mason jar
2) Stir, while slowly adding lecithin
*Note: Lecithin is incredibly thick (like if motor oil and molasses had sex, their child would probably be liquid lecithin).
3) Continue to stir until the two are fully blended. It will look like peanut butter.
4) Dip the end of your oral syringe into the 'glop' you've created, and pull (and hold) the plunger to draw some up. This will not go straight into the syringe right away (VERY viscous stuff), so you will have to hold the plunger open for a minute.
5)Inject contents into caps. If you're too lazy to inject into caps (which can be messy if you let them overflow) you can also inject directly into the mouth, this mixture is virtually tasteless (though has a funny texture).
The little bit of science behind it:
Silibinin is the liver-detoxifying constituent of Silymarin extract which, unfortunately, does not have a very high oral bioavailability due to it's lipophyllic nature (1,2). Lecithin is great source of phosphatidyl choline, which also has some liver-detoxifying properties in itself. What's more important is the ever-potent emulsification properties of lecithin, which dramatically increase the bioavailability of silibinin.
Anyhow, I thought this was all pretty kick-ass, and a really cheap homebrew for liver support. I figured I'd pimp out the planet and share with you guys this fun little recipe
(1) Silibinin : by Ray Sahelian, M.D.
- 10-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Maybe get some NAC powder into those caps as well.
- 10-19-2007, 06:51 AM
whats dosing protocol?
10-19-2007, 06:58 AM
10-19-2007, 07:11 AM
10-19-2007, 07:18 AM
I usually just take 1 cap once or twice daily.
You don't want to get too much silymarin.
10-19-2007, 08:30 AM
- 5'3" 126 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
Lol the title reminding me of you in a witchs hat stirring your big black bubbling cauldron.
10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm waiting to see his pd5 inhibitor homebrew
10-19-2007, 11:34 AM
10-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Why not just take lecithin gel caps w/ milk thistle powder??? Whats the difference, seems easier to me.
10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
liquid lecithin is a mess waiting to happen
10-19-2007, 11:59 PM
10-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Capping silymarin powder is messy as hell. Very clumpy and sticks to everything. Capping is preferable not only for convenience, but it tastes kinda like barf (with a lot of bile in it) and doesn't mix at all.
Suspends pretty easily in lecithin. You can fit about 1 mL in a size "00" cap. So a 10mL oral syringe will fill 10 caps. Load caps into your Cap'em quik, and it takes 5 syringes full to get the job done. No messy powders to worry about.
10-20-2007, 01:08 AM
OIC, I dont really cap anything myself. I'm lazy like that...
Similar Forum Threads
- By chainsaw in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
- By J_MAN in forum AnabolicsReplies: 20Last Post: 10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
- By ak-47 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 32Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:15 AM
- By michael in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2003, 12:01 PM