canada shipping increase?!

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
just tried to buy 1 bottle of retain 2 and it said EMS shipping is 25$. EMS used to be 16-17 for me... whats going on?
Thx

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
i was wondering as well. Iwent a placed one item in my cart on the sister site and said shipping was $52.

Ever think off offering small packet air mail or ground service for small orders to us up here in Canada it cost only around $5-7 usps.

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
i know, i cant afford these shipping rates... too crazy... even if it means no anabolic pump :(

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that seems odd, for sure.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
i know what you mean, i know for sure usps has a small packet/parcel service that is cheap. I get stuff from people in the states in classifieds and for a small box the shipping has been all under $8.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
they also have flat rate envelopes and boxs.

Drzman

Awards
great, no more NP for me, it went from high to friggin high

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
yah i dont understand. I shipped stuff from bb.com and it cost 8 bucks to canada for shipping. NP is at least 17 and that is not even EMS, for a bottle of retain2. I love, LOVE Nutraplanet but you cant buy a 25$bottle and charge $20 shipping....

... what if instead of using a box you use a tough envelope like IBE does...?

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
yah i dont understand. I shipped stuff from bb.com and it cost 8 bucks to canada for shipping. NP is at least 17 and that is not even EMS, for a bottle of retain2. I love, LOVE Nutraplanet but you cant buy a 25$bottle and charge $20 shipping....

... what if instead of using a box you use a tough envelope like IBE does...?
Any small airmail parcel/packet without tracking would be cheaper and are still insured. That would be ideal for most of my orders.

And yes we all do love the nutraplanet you guys have great prices compared to our local stores.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Please be aware, this is not us raising the prices...it's USPS. I feel the same disappointment, but this is completely out of our hands. We're not charging extra for the shipping, as a matter of fact, the shipping rates on our site come directly from either USPS or FedEx.

Even stamps cost more to mail a friggin' letter!

But rest assured, we will look into it and see if there is anything we can do with these insane USPS rates...

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
sweet, yah try a variable weight envelope....
thx

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
well ........... has sent me abunch of stuff in a plastic envelope and shipping last week was 8 bucks as well. I have spent a bajillion dollars at NP and when i think of all the money that went just into shipping :( Now i realize that it is USPS raising their rates, but could you not use a variable weight envelope for the little stuff like 11-oxo, retain, aPCT...

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this affects anyone who chooses the USPS shipping method

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
It does suck....i noticed the same thing on my order the other day....shipping cost more then ever...but like stryder said...its not NP's fault guys!

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
i agree it is not their fault, but they should looke at other options.... like $ dependng on weight. 1 bottle reatain or 2 or 3 can go in a envelope...

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Yea that sucks a big time! this are insane especially for big orders better NP take the money than usps! but it says priority international 6 10 days b4 it was like 2 to 4weeks did they increase the quality service!i mean
anything differnet than raisin price!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just noticed the increased shipping cost as well. I also believe that envelope shipping may be a good way to keep shipping costs down on smaller items. For example, I'll be ordering 4 bottles of sesamin, for which the cheapest shipping option is Priority Mail, costing $19.90! EMS, which used to cost around $17-19, now costs $28.50!.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've had some customers suggest Canada Post...not familiar with that. Anyone have any info or feedback on this?

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
I've had some customers suggest Canada Post...not familiar with that. Anyone have any info or feedback on this?
I don't think the postman from Canada Post can come all the way down to US to pick up the parcels and go back North to deliver in Canada. Moreover, the postage cost in Canada is actually very high IMHO.
http://www.canadapost.ca

mwdonald

Awards
I don't believe Canada Post will deal with orders until they enter Canada. They take over from USPS for non-express mail orders once the item goes through customs (USPS express mail gets tranferred to the courier Purolator, at least from my experience). Canada Post does have and Xpresspost option that is quite fast. I don't know how this could be used from the US though.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
i wonder how come .....rules anyone? can get fedex international express for like 76 $ lets say for 20lbs order ! i wish NP in the futur ll get an arrangement with fedex or ups for international so NP ll be perfect for international customers since its already perfect for the US for me thats only weak point with NP but keep groing§

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the little engine that could...

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... :)

rockhard_4eva

Banned
Awards
Purolator would be the Canada post option. Xpress post and the others are only for domestic shipments.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
i dunno i get packages of three or four bottles from board classifieds, they come airmail small parcel or pack standard with no tracking and are cheap all have been under $8.00. Maybe it'S letter post or something but all have been USPS.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
usps airmail is the cheapest and most effective way to ship to Canada

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
I have a feeling the cost has gone up for smaller shipments, but works out if anything better for larger orders from looking at the order thats waiting in my cart for capsual machines to come in :D

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
i agree it is not their fault, but they should looke at other options.... like $ dependng on weight. 1 bottle reatain or 2 or 3 can go in a envelope...
Sigh, FFS! This blows hard....I am like avid f'n NP user, would not (not until now :( ) go anywhere else. I am NP for life baby but it shipping sux balls then wave goodbye to my income. :aargh: :frustrate :(

Where's the f'n crying icon ??? :(

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
customs doesn't help either. I had 2 packages in a row opened by customs. 1st was during the 200$+ gets 50% shipping Shipping was 13$ off but then I get a handling fee for opening my box of 13$. Just go a notice for my 2 second box (ordered it a week later) and it has a handling fee of 16$. Not NP's fault, I'm just venting.

Edit: Just got my 2nd package, its clearly labeled yet customs wrote down "cosmetic products" and charged me GST, PST and a handling fee.

Last edited:
neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
customs doesn't help either. I had 2 packages in a row opened by customs. 1st was during the 200$+ gets 50% shipping Shipping was 13$ off but then I get a handling fee for opening my box of 13$. Just go a notice for my 2 second box (ordered it a week later) and it has a handling fee of 16$. Not NP's fault, I'm just venting.
f'them it's such a whole crock o sh!te. ( Customs not NP ) :D

Man just throw them in the hardcore plastic packages, I personally could give a flying hoot if my bottles get damaged etc, I just want the stuff inside :p

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
at least you get a letter, i dont ever get one, still got a package or 2 in customs! Not from NP, just from friends/companies....sucks ...NP has magical powers of getting things to me!! =)

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
Hey, what if Nutraplanet had a Canadian Distributer????
Is this possible, i know USP Labs is making a Canadian Warehouse, maybe you can join in :)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
you can put it in my backyard!..haha..for a small supplement fee of course..=)

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Hey, what if Nutraplanet had a Canadian Distributer????
Is this possible, i know USP Labs is making a Canadian Warehouse, maybe you can join in :)
Well I am looking for a job at the moment :toofunny:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
*drool* Canadian distributor ... But I'm not sure if that will work. I'm making quite good chat with my friend who lives right near the border and will be using him to bring some stuff up. Not perfect solution, but it's working for now. Getting my NP fix :)

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
i dunno the ceo told me warehouse... i dont know exactly what he meant but it is good news

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
56$ on a 150$ order from nutra yesterday. In canada we like to export our money.

knightowl

Awards
I just remade my last order, which had shipping $32.65 by surface mail ( which does not exist now?) the current airmail postage is $72.50 ......!!!! Thats crazy!

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
i am sure sooner or later NP gonna check with fedex or usps to have better international shipping since they growin up!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Surface is no longer offered by USPS :sad:

We used to offer FedEx ground to Canada, but had to discontinue it because for some STUPID reason, Canada's courier wouldn't charge the taxes and fees to the recipient until after the package was delivered...and since the recipients weren't paying the fees, they would bill us! We were charged hundreds of dollars and therefore had to drop this option. Truly a shame...

Flex Daddy

Awards
What about DHL?
I've never used the service before? Would it be a good alternative?

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
but wait... bb.com offers canada post... i just put in some retain and shipping was only 5.99... can you guys do that??? fitfuel also has a canadapost option which came out to 6.99... now i wouldnt buy from these places but these may be viable options for nutraplanet...

seems like a lot of us canadians are upset... which is good because we love NP

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Surface is no longer offered by USPS :sad:

We used to offer FedEx ground to Canada, but had to discontinue it because for some STUPID reason, Canada's courier wouldn't charge the taxes and fees to the recipient until after the package was delivered...and since the recipients weren't paying the fees, they would bill us! We were charged hundreds of dollars and therefore had to drop this option. Truly a shame...

hey stryder how come fedex and usps dont offer to NP discount shipping for international since tehy juss apply their normal price with NP! unlike sum other crap site we love NP we support the work done we juss expext sulm betetr international shipping price so we can order more!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Strong Supplement Shop 2
MA Labs 2
clown007 Olympus Labs 4
Matthew1237 Anabolics 1
Anabolics 6