Ultra Pure, Ulta Potent, Ultra Priced--BULK CLA SUPREME CAPS!

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

No, the quick shipment just arrived from China, and will be sent to NP this week. The shipment afterwards will take another 2-3 weeks.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I better get on it Im almost done two bags full. Loving it! so many benefits.what day is recommended to order aka when do they plan to be in
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I better get on it Im almost done two bags full. Loving it! so many benefits.what day is recommended to order aka when do they plan to be in
    The first resupply should be in by end of week....the next large shipment should be in in 2-3 weeks.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

has the first resupply came in yet? Ive been checking constantly and have not seen it.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

can someone please post on this thread when it comes in?

Have the shipment came in. Ive been checking a few times per day
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

can someone please post on this thread when it comes in?

Have the shipment came in. Ive been checking a few times per day
    It was supposed to have arrived today, but looks like it will be in tomorrow instead.

I myself have an order in for these, and the bastards at NP have me in backorder status.

The nerve!!
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

lol
  9. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

The CLA arrived today, and should be clear to reorder now.

BTW, since I had first dibs I went ahead picked up a crapload of them. Let's see how long THESE hold out.

The boat shipment should arrive within the next 2 weeks, and assuming customs does not hold things up should arrive at NP in 3 weeks.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

mwauahhahha....thanks baby for beating the rush
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    mwauahhahha....thanks baby for beating the rush
    I think your feedback on the CLA caps will be very valuable. Stacking the CLA, Sesathin, DCP, Green Tea, fish oil, Abliderate and 11-OXO will impress the hell out of you.
  12. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Stacking the CLA, Sesathin, DCP, Green Tea, fish oil, .....will impress the hell out of you.
    Thats the plan
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.25%

Any update on the 70/30 blend?
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

its 80 %
  15. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    Quote Originally Posted by The Graduate View Post
    Are they a 50:50 mix of c9,t11 and t10,c12 ?
    Pretty much. I believe there is a slight tilt in favor of the active isomer, t10, c12...by about a 10% margin.

I will post the complete isomeric breakdown as soon as we have the lab cert uploaded.
    How does a 70:30 mix pump your nads?

Looks like we can get Softgels made with a 70:30 ratio of t10,c12:c9,t11 for about double the cost of the current 50:50.

I will keep working on price, but I am going to try an dbring in some samples for testing. Theoretically, this SHOULD kick some MAJOR ass as a fatloss supp.
    OK, so Matt, what exactly is it that you have in inventory right now. Did we get certs to validate the 50:50?

Do we want to be taking something that is going to promote insulin resistance?

Conjugated Linoleic Acid
    By David Tolson

Efficacy and safety of dietary supplements contain...[J Lipid Res. 2003] - PubMed Result
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.63%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    OK, so Matt, what exactly is it that you have in inventory right now. Did we get certs to validate the 50:50?

Do we want to be taking something that is going to promote insulin resistance?

Conjugated Linoleic Acid
    By David Tolson

Efficacy and safety of dietary supplements contain...[J Lipid Res. 2003] - PubMed Result
    Some of the initial studies I saw looked very promising. As I researched closer, I realized the outlook wasn't as good as it had once seemed. Some of the BEST studies arent all that positive.

The famous Gaullier's study basically showed:

Both CLA groups lost weight -- about 4 pounds; the placebo group stayed the same.
    The CLA syrup group had a 9% body fat loss; the CLA pill group had 7% loss; the placebo group had no body fat loss.
    Both CLA groups had similar improvements in muscle mass.

On the downside:

The CLA pill group had slightly higher LDL "bad" cholesterol.
    The CLA syrup group had slightly lower HDL "good" cholesterol.
    Both CLA groups had higher lipoprotein levels, a marker of inflammation and heart disease.
    Both CLA groups had higher white blood cell counts, which could trigger damaging artery inflammation.
    The CLA groups had only modest changes in blood sugar levels, a marker for diabetes.

Gaullier J-M. et al., "Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) supplementation for one-year reduces body fat mass in healthy, overweight humans". American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2004; 79(6):1118-1125.

In addition, using CLA with AAS/Designers could really jack your lipid profiles up quicker and worse than if CLA was not used. Just food for thought.

Im on the fence, im not sure what I think. More recent human studies show weight loss but some of the other information is not too great.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
  17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

I got off the fence myself and pulled it from my order before it shipped.
    Is CLA good for our health?
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

If you live a healthy lifestyle it is worth it the lost in bodyfat and increase in muscle. Its a personal choice...
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

If you live a healthy lifestyle it is worth it the lost in bodyfat and increase in muscle. Its a personal choice...
    Yeah, thats what I just said. Been making personal choices for quite some time now.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

B - we all know good and well your wife makes the personal decisions.
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.63%

Aside from the CLA issue, this makes me really want to mention something else.

First let me say I love NP and what Dsade has been bringing us.

Second, I'm surprised to see the Admin of AM questioning the effectiveness and safety of a hot product (with decent margins) that their OWN "official" supplement store is selling.

Third, despite my surprise, I find it very refreshing. IMO, this shows integrity and serves as a sign that the membership is still the #1 concern. Sites like EliteFitness.com have become marketing brochures for AF Stores Crap and it makes me sick. Any questioning or criticism of AF Store stuff or mention of competitors products gets your post deleted. There is a lot of NP hype around here (rightly so). But its nice to know that AM will still be a no BS board. I hope this never changes.

This is why I will continue to support AM and NP... I KNOW Dsade has our best interest at heart along with NP's bottom line.
  22. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Sorry, guys...I dropped the ball on getting the analysis posted.

Looks like the 70:30 is too costly, but I did get them to drop the price on a 60:40. Samples will be coming in the next 2 weeks.

I also managed to get something related here isolated and modified in a way that I think will amplify the effectiveness of DCP. Going to play that one close to my chest, especially after seeing one of the other sponsors knock off Havoc.

I won't be as open when it comes to development.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

Sorry, guys...I dropped the ball on getting the analysis posted.

Looks like the 70:30 is too costly, but I did get them to drop the price on a 60:40. Samples will be coming in the next 2 weeks.

I also managed to get something related here isolated and modified in a way that I think will amplify the effectiveness of DCP. Going to play that one close to my chest, especially after seeing one of the other sponsors knock off Havoc.

I won't be as open when it comes to development.
    Hey Dsade do you mean the Cla Caps will be 60 % instead of 80%?

If this is not meant what exactly does this mean?
  24. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Hey Dsade do you mean the Cla Caps will be 60 % instead of 80%?

If this is not meant what exactly does this mean?
    the CLA is going to be 80% of total softgel volume. Of that 80%, 60% will be the t10, c12 isomer, and 40% the c9, t11 isomer.
  25. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Second, I'm surprised to see the Admin of AM questioning the effectiveness and safety of a hot product (with decent margins) that their OWN "official" supplement store is selling.

Third, despite my surprise, I find it very refreshing. IMO, this shows integrity and serves as a sign that the membership is still the #1 concern.

There is a lot of NP hype around here (rightly so). But its nice to know that AM will still be a no BS board. I hope this never changes.
    First and foremost I am a member of this board. If I was in this for the dividends that I see from the business aspect of this board I would be gone long ago. Seriously.
    This is why I will continue to support AM and NP... I KNOW Dsade has our best interest at heart along with NP's bottom line.
    Please understand, and I emphasize, my scrutiny of the product is absolutely no reflection of the quality or purity of the product or my respect for Matt and Sam. It's a question of what is best for my health. The positive characteristic of the product that promote fat loss are the same that promote the negative sides. It is just not a tool that I chose to employ to reach my goal. To me, the end does just does not justify the means. There are other quality products that I can benefit from to achieve my goals without the issue in question.
    When you reach my age you may find that there are much more important things and many more variables about your health to consider. Some things in life are not controlled by the lifestyle you live.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

The famous Gaullier's study basically showed:

Both CLA groups lost weight -- about 4 pounds; the placebo group stayed the same.
    The CLA syrup group had a 9% body fat loss; the CLA pill group had 7% loss; the placebo group had no body fat loss.
    Both CLA groups had similar improvements in muscle mass.

On the downside:

The CLA pill group had slightly higher LDL "bad" cholesterol.
    The CLA syrup group had slightly lower HDL "good" cholesterol.
    Both CLA groups had higher lipoprotein levels, a marker of inflammation and heart disease.
    Both CLA groups had higher white blood cell counts, which could trigger damaging artery inflammation.
    The CLA groups had only modest changes in blood sugar levels, a marker for diabetes.

Gaullier J-M. et al., "Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) supplementation for one-year reduces body fat mass in healthy, overweight humans". American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2004; 79(6):1118-1125.

The down-side is new news to me. I only thought Cla had an upside...reduced inflamation, improved lipid levels, improved heart function.

Cla has always been healthy for me.
  27. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.63%

The down-side is new news to me. I only thought Cla had an upside...reduced inflamation, improved lipid levels, improved heart function.

Cla has always been healthy for me.
    Often, people marketing CLA choose which points to mention from certain studies. For example, it may improve good cholesterol in rats but reduce it in humans. This is why we have to be very careful interpreting all the studies.

I dont think CLA is severely dangerous or anything. I do agree with B5150 though. Its not all peaches and cream. I don't think I would want to be taking 5-6g/day year round. It is "technically" a trans fat.

Even when we do dive into the studies it doesnt always help much. It is still a bit murky.

For example: A new study at Ohio State University found that mice who were fed the supplement CLA accumulated excess amounts of fat in their livers. Apparently, this also happens if you're insulin-resistant.
    ScienceDirect - Nutrition : γ-Linolenic acid prevents conjugated linoleic Acid–Induced fatty liver in mice

Another study, done on rats, showed that the CLA, while not helping them lose weight, actually decreased the amount of fat in their livers.
    Dietary Conjugated Linoleic Acid Alleviates Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Zucker (fa/fa) Rats -- Nagao et al. 135 (1): 9 -- Journal of Nutrition

So which one is correct? What does that mean for humans? Mice, Rats? You see what I mean...
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

Here's a real human study ...The muscle-mass gains and fat loss are fact and very solid to back it up.

A very interesting study was published last year involving the supplement Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and its effect on muscle mass during training. This report has been overlooked by the bodybuilding community. However, its results are very relevant to all strength athletes, for a number of reasons.

Firstly, this study is one of very few that have examined the effects of supplementation with CLA during a structured training program. Secondly, it utilized a large group of resistance-trained participants. Using this protocol, the results obtained with CLA were quite simply, remarkable.

Even more astonishing were the comments and conclusions made by the authors of the published manuscript. Let me give you a brief rundown of the study, its protocol and results so you can see exactly what I mean.

The aim of this study was to examine the effects of CLA supplementation during a resistance training program on strength gains, body composition and markers of muscle catabolism (breakdown). In this study seventy-six resistance-trained participants were randomized to receive CLA (5 grams per day) or placebo for 7 weeks while training 3 days per week. Seventeen of the subjects then crossed over to the opposite group for an additional 7 weeks. All assessments were completed before, and then at 7 and 14 weeks.

The major findings from this study were that after the first 7 weeks, the group given CLA demonstrated a significantly greater increase in lean mass (+1.4 vs +0.2 kg) and a greater reduction in fat mass (-0.8 vs +0.4 kg) compared to the placebo group. The group given CLA also showed a small but significant reduction in 3MH (a marker of muscle protein breakdown) compared to treatment with the placebo. Additionally, the males given CLA demonstrated significantly greater gains in bench press strength. In the crossover part of the study, CLA again had a significant impact on 3MH and muscle catabolism.

Based on the findings, supplementation with CLA during resistance training clearly resulted in a significantly better improvement in body composition. CLA also appeared to reduce the catabolic effect of training on muscle protein. This would explain the better gains in lean (muscle) mass obtained from CLA in this research.

However, in the published manuscript the authors conclusions of the findings were quite different. Very subdued to say the least. Within the the discussion section of this paper, the researchers concluded “…although the results were statistically significant, the changes in the CLA group were small, and one could question their clinical significance.”

I was very surprised by these comments. So I re-read the results and checked the data again. There the results were, clear as night and day.

The group given CLA demonstrated a gain in lean mass that was seven fold better than the placebo-treated group. Yes, 700% greater!
    Whereas the placebo group gained almost half a kilogram of body fat, the CLA group lost almost a kilogram (2 pounds) of pure body fat.
    These differences were apparent after just seven weeks!
    The correct statistical assessments were utilized on the data to ascertain significance. Most importantly, significance was achieved utilizing a large group of resistance-trained participants.
    The bottom line is, results don’t get any clearer or more compelling.

While the cross-over part of the trial did not tend to yield supportive results, it’s important to remember that CLA is a bioacitve lipid - its beneficial effects on the metabolism could remain for weeks or even months. Also, only 17 subjects participated in this part of the study, as opposed to the 76 that completed the initial 7 week trial. Even so, within this cross-over part of the study (that used a much small number of participants) the data still showed a consistent benefit from CLA on reducing muscle catabolism. Now, despite these outstanding results the scientists suggested that the findings have little relevance. How they came to that conclusion is beyond me or the basics of common sense.

A seven-fold greater gain in lean mass and a loss of almost one kilogram of body fat in seven weeks is darn relevant in my book. I’m sure that virtually any bodybuilder would agree with me.

I understand that scientists have to be conservative when interpreting findings. However, the interpretation of the results presented by the authors boarders on the ridiculous. It makes me think there may have been a hidden agenda involved.

Some media and health professionals have presented the watered down version of this research. However, I’ve highlighted some key aspects of this study to provide you with the clear facts. The data doesn’t lie.

I’m sure you can make up your own mind as to whether or not a 700% better gain in muscle mass combined with a one kilogram loss of body fat in just seven weeks is “relevant”.

Source: Pinkoski C, et al.The effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 38(2):339-48, 2006.
  29. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Here's a real human study ...The muscle-mass gains and fat loss are fact and very solid to back it up.
    You've now double posted that one study in this same thread. No one has disputed the benefits or positive attributes of CLA. It is those same properties that also produce negative sides as well in humans too. Please don't be so narrow minded to find the one study that supports it (for the one benefit) and ignore all the others just because you chose to employ the product.

Here are a plethora of studies that cause one to be concerned or at least consider what they are doing.

One more time so you can read it again so maybe you can consider it more clearly for yourself what I am saying; The isomers that are purported responsible for the positive attributes in one study are the same isomers purported responsible for the negative attributes in many other studies. Because you choose to ignore or dismiss them in favor of the favorable studies does not mean that they are not potentially harmful. A risk that I choose not to take for myself for marginal fat loss.
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.25%

Aside from the CLA issue, this makes me really want to mention something else.

First let me say I love NP and what Dsade has been bringing us.

Third, despite my surprise, I find it very refreshing. IMO, this shows integrity and serves as a sign that the membership is still the #1 concern. Sites like EliteFitness.com have become marketing brochures for AF Stores Crap and it makes me sick. Any questioning or criticism of AF Store stuff or mention of competitors products gets your post deleted. There is a lot of NP hype around here (rightly so). But its nice to know that AM will still be a no BS board. I hope this never changes.

I couldnt agree more with this. I was a long time member of EF and there are really some good bros there amongst all the arrogant bullsht. It however has become the most communistic site around. Disagree once to often and BAM you are banned.

I have been here ever since. People here are ADULTS and those that arent leave(one way or the other lol) Free thought is supported ,....even encouraged when done properly. Thats what makes this a GREAT board.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%

Dsade, can I hear your thoughts about this article showing the positive and negative benifits of Cla?
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quick, is this still 50:50 or is it now 60:40?
  33. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Quote Originally Posted by jasonschaffin View Post
    Quick, is this still 50:50 or is it now 60:40?
    Still 50:50.
  34. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Still 50:50.
    Sweet! I'll put in a big order of it soon then!
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%

ETA on these back in stock?

Similar Forum Threads

1. NP CLA Supreme Caps
    By BringThePain in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 07:53 PM
  2. CLA Supreme Caps / TTA
    By Chimpinzo in forum Nutraplanet