Penetrate problem - AnabolicMinds.com

Penetrate problem

  1. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    571

    Reputation

    Penetrate problem


    I tried to add 7.5 grams of Formestane to my bottle of penetrate and it didn't completely dissolve, there is A LOT left over. At first I didn't realize how much and my pump became totally jammed with formestane crystals and I had to blow them out.. Looked like at least a gram was clogged in the tube for the pump. So I boiled water to put the bottle into in effort to get the formestane into solution. After about 10 minutes it all finally dissolved and I thought it was finally over, then it cooled and recrystalized. Does Nutraplanet have an amount they recommend adding to the penetrate, because I have no more than 6.5 grams in my bottle and there's no way it's going into solution.

  2. New Member
    mrmoose63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    202

    Reputation

    I had the exact same thing happen to me except I had 10grams of form in there and I redissolved it 3 times. The 3rd time my pump broke so I've been using the other cap. I shake it super well each time and squeeze a little into my hand. Very unscientific and I can in no way determine the amount I am using because of no pump and because I don't really know how much form is left after all of the redissolving times over the stove there has been. So in the future I will be going for the capped ATD or Trione because appearantly I can't correctly dissolve supps in Penetrate.
  3. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    There are ways to increase the amount that will stay in suspension. I ALWAYS grind powders in a mortar and pedestal, and then predilute them in a small amount of d-Limonene, DMSO and rubbing alcohol. This works well for me.

    As for measuring, rather than rely on the pump, you might consider a marked medicine dropper.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    571

    Reputation

    I was under the impression that it would be relatively easy to dissolve formestane into the penetrate. Before I use it I shake it up and squirt some onto me. Now on the website it says one pump = .5ml but it looks like more than .5 ml when I pump it out. The pump also leaks when I shake it. I really have no idea how much I'm actually getting when I apply it. I guess next time I'll have to go with e-form or take it orally..
  5. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854637

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    There are other options, although I've not had problems with Penetrate. You might want to do a search under Phlojel Ultra. It works well and the website has compounding instructions.
  6. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    I'm pretty sure the pump gives 1 teaspoon (5 mL).

    You can always try supersaturating it again. This time, let it cool for a couple minutes, and continue cooling it by running under warm water. If the solution cools too quickly, it will come out of solution again.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,320
    Rep Power
    755336

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Correct....the pumps give 5mL per pump.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. New Member
    Chippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    286

    Reputation

    Put a couple of heavy beads in the bottle and hold your thumb over the pump opening whern you shake it, and it'll mix a lot better.
  9. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    571

    Reputation

    Well the website says it's 0.5 ml per pump. So I've been applying 10x as much as I thought I was?
  10. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    your penetration problems should be handled in private
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,320
    Rep Power
    755336

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    Well the website says it's 0.5 ml per pump. So I've been applying 10x as much as I thought I was?
    This is a bad typo, and is being fixed. You have our sincerest apologies.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Actually the amount per pump will vary on by the density of the fluid being dispensed (amoung other less affecting variables).
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,320
    Rep Power
    755336

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Actually the amount per pump will vary on by the density of the fluid being dispensed (amoung other less affecting variables).
    You sure about this? It should simply be a volume displacement that determines amount dispensed.

    It's been a while since Physics, though.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    571

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This is a bad typo, and is being fixed. You have our sincerest apologies.
    Apology accepted. I should have known there was a ton more than .5 coming out, but I still applied like 4 pumps each application. After I applied it I did feel a bit different.. a little excited, I guess from the surge of form through my body?
  15. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    You sure about this? It should simply be a volume displacement that determines amount dispensed.

    It's been a while since Physics, though.
    You are half right. You see, you cannot assume a specified volume displacement when dealing with a gas (air). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pump functions by creating a partial vacuum, and it's that pressure difference which draws the fluid through the dispenser.

    That being said, we can construct the following equation:
    Pressure = [Density of Fluid]*H*[gravitational constant]

    Where H= [Volume per pump]/(0.25*pi*[diameter of the tube]^2). In other words, H is the height in which the fluid is travelling up the tube.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  16. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This is a bad typo, and is being fixed. You have our sincerest apologies.
    Holy cats!

    So I've worked this out multiple times on different threads for 10 g of Form in one 8 oz bottle of Penetrate.

    Before when we thought it was .5 ml per pump, it would take 5 pumps to get ~104 mg of Form (100 mg being the recommended dose twice a day(.

    Now, 1 pump = 5 ml.
    10 g Form / 8 oz Pen = 10,000 mg / 240 ml = 41.67 mg / ml
    OR
    208.33 mg / 5ml = 208.33 mg / Pump

    So the recommendation is a half pump twice daily (assuming you can get all 10 g to dissolve)? Maybe I should only try dissolving 5 g and just pick up another bottle of Penetrate...

    ------------------

    As far as amount per pump, I'm not sure if you meant the amount of Form per pump or the amount of Penetrate per pump. Either way the variations in density are going to be pretty small and the air pressure surrounding is going to be pretty constant too (local air pressure doesn't fluctuate extremely at that scale). I haven't used the bottle yet, but most pumps keep fluid inside the tube no matter how much is remaining in the bottle. So you'll be pumping relatively equal amounts of everything as long as you make sure that you keep the density constant(through shaking before pumping). If you don't do that, then the next time you pump you will bring in a different density of Form/Penetrate. Then you will have a different amount of Form in the next pump.

    Either way, physics or not, I think the moral of the story is make sure all of your Form is dissolved and shake often!
  17. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    571

    Reputation

    Yeah, there is no way 10grams will dissolve, I have less than 7 in my bottle and no matter what I do it will not stay in solution. I cooled it down in warm water till it came to room temp and it still recrystalized, Ive added a few BBs to it and shook it up and that doesn't help either. It being all griity clogs the pump bottle up too. Next time the most i'll try is 5grams.
  18. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    Yeah, there is no way 10grams will dissolve, I have less than 7 in my bottle and no matter what I do it will not stay in solution. I cooled it down in warm water till it came to room temp and it still recrystalized, Ive added a few BBs to it and shook it up and that doesn't help either. It being all griity clogs the pump bottle up too. Next time the most i'll try is 5grams.
    Yeah I think 10 is wishful thinking...but I have heard people have done it.

    I guess we'll see if I feel like living dangerously the day I mix it.

    Sound advice tho.
  19. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11889

    Reputation

    I'm just being a technical assh*le with the whole density bit (my apologies). But now I realize with how rough everyone's Transdermal Calculations are, you can only take one (maybe two) significant figures. But yeah, depending on what all you've dissolved in there, you could change the density enough to affect the volume being dispensed. And then if we don't assume plug flow (since plug flow is doesn't ever actually occur), calculate a Reynold's Number, and do days worth of calculations to figure out EXACTLY how much is being dispensed per pump.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  20. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I'm just being a technical assh*le with the whole density bit (my apologies). But now I realize with how rough everyone's Transdermal Calculations are, you can only take one (maybe two) significant figures. But yeah, depending on what all you've dissolved in there, you could change the density enough to affect the volume being dispensed. And then if we don't assume plug flow (since plug flow is doesn't ever actually occur), calculate a Reynold's Number, and do days worth of calculations to figure out EXACTLY how much is being dispensed per pump.
    haha yeah...and then we would realize we wasted a whole lot of time! Especially when we coulda done it without using fluid mechanics!

    The first time that class was ever created for non-engineering physics majors at my school, I took it. But since it was so new and there really isn't a whole lot you can do with fluids without making ALOT of generalizations(or giant calculations), I don't think I really learned a whole lot! Oh well, it counted towards my credits. HA!
  21. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Holy cats!

    So I've worked this out multiple times on different threads for 10 g of Form in one 8 oz bottle of Penetrate.

    Before when we thought it was .5 ml per pump, it would take 5 pumps to get ~104 mg of Form (100 mg being the recommended dose twice a day(.

    Now, 1 pump = 5 ml.
    10 g Form / 8 oz Pen = 10,000 mg / 240 ml = 41.67 mg / ml
    OR
    208.33 mg / 5ml = 208.33 mg / Pump

    So the recommendation is a half pump twice daily (assuming you can get all 10 g to dissolve)? Maybe I should only try dissolving 5 g, go with one pump twice daily, and just pick up another bottle of Penetrate...
    So does this math make sense now? I haven't seen a confirmation yet...
  22. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    571

    Reputation

    8oz = 236.588ml

    236.588 / 5 = 47.176 =Total pumps per bottle

    10000mg / 47.176 = 211.97

    212mg/5ml
  23. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by leetuser View Post
    8oz = 236.588ml

    236.588 / 5 = 47.176 =Total pumps per bottle

    10000mg / 47.176 = 211.97

    212mg/5ml
    Cool...

    I guess I'm gonna do 5 g per bottle and one pump twice a day.
  24. New Member
    bearmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    259

    Reputation

    dsade, the website still says 0.5ml per pump....
  25. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2360

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Cool...

    I guess I'm gonna do 5 g per bottle and one pump twice a day.
    But I thought they are saying to do 2 x 5 pumps a day = 100mg product? Is this not right?
  26. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    But I thought they are saying to do 2 x 5 pumps a day = 100mg product? Is this not right?
    Yeah I'm not really sure what it is. I can't remember where the posted Formestane "How To" is at, but I recall it was last updated saying to do 10 pumps twice a day. I don't really have any idea on what is correct anymore...

    Plus I'm finding that the first couple pumps from the bottle do not pull up as much Form as the pumps following. The first 4 pumps or so are pretty dilute. After that, I think the correct amount of Form gets pulled through.
  27. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Yeah I'm not really sure what it is. I can't remember where the posted Formestane "How To" is at, but I recall it was last updated saying to do 10 pumps twice a day. I don't really have any idea on what is correct anymore...

    Plus I'm finding that the first couple pumps from the bottle do not pull up as much Form as the pumps following. The first 4 pumps or so are pretty dilute. After that, I think the correct amount of Form gets pulled through.
    That's why for safety sake, and proper dosage I always buy me a buck fifty baby dropper at my local walley world. Makes it a lot easier measure that way.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  28. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    That's why for safety sake, and proper dosage I always buy me a buck fifty baby dropper at my local walley world. Makes it a lot easier measure that way.
    I will probably give that a shot.

    Although I will probably get a few strange looks from people when I make my second application in the gym locker room...
  29. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2360

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    I will probably give that a shot.

    Although I will probably get a few strange looks from people when I make my second application in the gym locker room...
    F'them just tell anyone looking that it's your prep for your gender surgery

    Be your own person don't let them stop you being you! You are worthy and loved by joor bro's here

    Much Love,

    <3 Neoborn <3
  30. Board Supporter
    Blutarski's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    290

    Reputation

    I'm also having much difficulty in getting the proper dose due to suspension issues. One funny note about 2 weeks ago I woke up about 3am and my knees felt like the cartilage was replaced by sandpaper, I was that dry. So the stuff works but man it is a pain in the ass (at least for me). And I was only taking Activate/Form BTW. I also used the form orally one day and also noticed a pronounced drying in my joints, especially knees.
  31. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    I will probably give that a shot.

    Although I will probably get a few strange looks from people when I make my second application in the gym locker room...
    if your uncomfortable with it, and if you shower just take the dropper and the bottle with you and apply in the shower after your bath.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  32. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    712

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    if your uncomfortable with it, and if you shower just take the dropper and the bottle with you and apply in the shower after your bath.
    I usually apply it in the morning after my shower at home. Then when I leave work I go directly to the gym. If I measure it out ahead of time, I could always transfer the necessary amount into a separate bottle that I can take to the gym with me for my second application.
  33. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    That sounds like a plan....
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  34. New Member
    Da Main Man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    103

    Reputation

    this has sparked my interest.

    so 5 grams of formastane mixed into a 8oz bottle of penetrate.

    1 squirt twice daily.

    and as per usual transdermal (not site specific formula's) apply this solution to thin skinned areas such as behind the knee's etc???

    would that be a correct usage?

    and ive seen threads with the use of abliderate + formastane but was unable to make 100% sure of usage/dosage etc

    this im assuming would be site specific - ie lose pec fat, apply to pecs etc??
  35. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,500
    Rep Power
    61214

    Reputation Reputation

    Yes, except for volume measurments since there is some ambiguity on the pump amounts I would buy a dropper and dose accordingly by the ml.

    5000mgForm(5gr)/240ml(8oz)penetrate=20.8mg/ml
    (Same can also apply for the active amounts in Abliderate)

    Dose 2 or 3 mls in the morning and night or however much you want to take per day.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  36. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2360

    Reputation

    See the formestane faq in my signature
  37. New Member
    Da Main Man's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    103

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post
    See the formestane faq in my signature
    cheers bud
  38. Professional Member
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,406
    Rep Power
    2360

    Reputation

    No worries, and you're welcome
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Penetrate/Formestane Problem
    By Jsouth in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
  2. Penetrate Problems
    By diplomats in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
  3. Screen problems w/ BDC Forums
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 02:27 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 04:58 PM
  5. Gas Problems
    By deaconbill in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2002, 11:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in