Products that are working wonders for my contest prep

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I have a show coming up in about 4.5 weeks and I figured that I would let you guys know what has really been working for me for dropping bodyfat and retaining my muscle. Feel free to ask any questions. We can actually turn this into a Sticky if it is ok with Sam and Dsade......

Fat Loss:

NP Yohimbine HCL 4/day
NP Green Tea Caps 3/day
Lipoderm-Y: 6 squirts/day
Bulk AMP'd: 50 mg pre workout
CLA: 6 g/day
DCP: 9 caps/day
Sesamin: 3 g/day

Pre Workout:
1 scoop of NO Shotgun by VPX
10 g glutamine
Ultimate Pump Stack mixed in NO SHotgun

Post Workout
35 g WMS
10 g Leucine
10 g Glutamine
10 g BCAA's

Before Bed:
3 Powerfull
2 caps Fenugreek and MACA
6-OXO w/penetrate 150 mg/day
formestane w/penetrate 200 mg/day

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
That's a nice stack. I'd add in some Anabolic Pump when you do a carb load for the show and you should be popping at the seams. I did it with a competitor I train and it worked rather well. Best of luck with the show

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Right now, I am using a combo of vanadyl and ALA that is working wonders but I might give that a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey guys,

I have a show coming up in about 4.5 weeks and I figured that I would let you guys know what has really been working for me for dropping bodyfat and retaining my muscle. Feel free to ask any questions. We can actually turn this into a Sticky if it is ok with Sam and Dsade......

Fat Loss:

NP Yohimbine HCL 4/day
NP Green Tea Caps 3/day

Pre Workout:
10 g glutamine

Post Workout
35 g WMS
10 g Leucine
10 g Glutamine
10 g BCAA's

Before Bed:
3 Powerfull
Great looking setup and in contest dieting, I would seriously look into forskolin at 60mgs a day divided into 20mgs dosages.

Cissus in the morning and before bed is a great Anti catabolic . I would add 10grams leucine pre workout aswell.

If you want to try an Anabolic Pump send address by PM>

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Fat Loss:

NP Yohimbine HCL 4/day
NP Green Tea Caps 3/day

Pre Workout:
10 g glutamine

Post Workout
35 g WMS
10 g Leucine
10 g Glutamine
10 g BCAA's

Before Bed:
3 Powerfull
What type of CLA are you using?

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use Tonalin brand CLA....It is very effective stacked with Sesamin. I use more things than I listed, but I figured this would be a general outline without taking up pages, lol. If you guys/gals have any questions on other products/supplements though, feel free to ask away.

Mike

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MODS: Can we make this a sticky please?

phrost

Awards
I use Tonalin brand CLA....It is very effective stacked with Sesamin. I use more things than I listed, but I figured this would be a general outline without taking up pages, lol. If you guys/gals have any questions on other products/supplements though, feel free to ask away.

Mike
Would you mind listing everything you use? I'm interested, even if it does take up pages :rofl:

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established

Mike
What specific brand(s)? HIGH dose Tonalin adds up pretty quick. And you have to get high doses for it to matter much. I want to run both CLA and Sesathin. I find Sesathin to be much more cost effective though, especially with NP's.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're going to love us even more in a few weeks.
Care to elaborate? Do we need to discuss yet another addition to the Avant line?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I really want to run Sesathin and CLA together as well. I just ordered both from NP. I'm really hoping Dsade can get us a good quality bulk CLA for a decent price. It takes a minimum 5g/day (1000mg caps -700mg actual CLA) to get the necessary 3.4g threshold of pure CLA for the desired effects.

Primaforce's margins look pretty low already. NP might have to sell it in bags of 250-300. ;)

grexx: Do you not take Fish Oil or did you just not include it in that example stack? I can understand reducing fish oil to about 50-75% of normal intake on sesamin, however, I wouldnt remove it. They have somewhat of a synergy together. Fish Oil alters membrane phospholipids in a manner by which sesamin simply cant. I would keep the fish oil in there. Perhaps you already do...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

Fat Loss:

NP Yohimbine HCL 4/day
NP Green Tea Caps 3/day

Pre Workout:
10 g glutamine

Post Workout
35 g WMS
10 g Leucine
10 g Glutamine
10 g BCAA's

Before Bed:
3 Powerfull
Thats a lot of supplements. Good-luck.
Drug tested Competition?

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Right now, I am using a combo of vanadyl and ALA that is working wonders but I might give that a try. Thanks for the heads up.
How are you dosing these two? vanadyl sulfate murders my appetite.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alpine,

I use 6 g of fish oil per day split up into 2 caps 3x/day.

Asianbabe,
I use 30-40 mg vanadyl after my workouts and I use 300 mg ALA 3x/day.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Alpine,

I use 6 g of fish oil per day split up into 2 caps 3x/day.

Asianbabe,
I use 30-40 mg vanadyl after my workouts and I use 300 mg ALA 3x/day.
Everything looks great...

One thing I didnt understand was the glutamine. It's a growing opinion that oral administration of l-glutamine is pretty worthless. The absorption is so low that its almost pointless. Obviously, youre taking a high dose but it still seems like a waste.

All of the positive studies/findings attributed to glutamine were based on infusion (IV administration) and studies done w/ burn patients and so forth (post surgery, bone marrow etc.). There is nothing showing oral glutamine does much for healthy individuals at all (and it has been studied a lot). 95% of it (or more) is destroyed upon ingestion. Multiple studies support the concept that blood and muscle glutamine levels have no bearing on protein synthesis and protein turnover. The only positive benefit of glutamine is for people doing corticosteroid treatment or with certain wasting conditions. And dont let the supplement companies fool you. Your workout (no matter how grueling) can never even come close to a catabolic condition like this. Its possible that glutamine could be mildly effective for improving ATP slightly on a ultra low carb diet (see study). I still think its pretty much a waste though.

Here is probably one of the most favorable glutamine studies.

Bruce M, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Greenhaff PL, Boobis LH, Williams C, Bowtell JL.
Glutamine supplementation promotes anaplerosis but not oxidative energy delivery in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2001 Apr;280(4):E669-75

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alpine,

Using 40 g/day of l-glutamine works wonders for recovery and hardness. Sometimes, you have to leave these studies alone and experience real world results. There is a reason why every national level/pro bodybuilder uses glutamine.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
AP works wonders for holding onto your mass while dieting/carbing up. Try Lipo-derm Ultra with Rasberry Ketones, i had great success with that combo on my current cut, and ya DCP is one of my fav's for fatloss.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Primaforce's margins look pretty low already. NP might have to sell it in bags of 250-300. ;)
I created that PF product....as hard as it is to beat your own work, it is possible. NP has a major advantage in that we don't have to resell to other retailers...so you get direct from the manufacturer.

Now RPN could never beat PF, but NP can.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Alpine,

Using 40 g/day of l-glutamine works wonders for recovery and hardness. Sometimes, you have to leave these studies alone and experience real world results. There is a reason why every national level/pro bodybuilder uses glutamine.
Ya, I can respect that. The studies speak against it but I have never personally tried dosages like that either. That said, I think saying "every" national/pro uses glutamine is silly. A lot of those guys dont know any better anyway, lol. Some "guru" told them it was the sh1t in 1996 and they have made it a staple ever since. ;) They can pump their ass full of gear, work hard in the gym and control what they eat... But lets not confuse good BB's with good researchers & biochemists (or anyone who can read, lol). Most of those guys just do what they are told. Ronnie (ate time mista oleempia!!) can barely understand what his daily vitamin protocol consists of (seriously have you seen his videos). BB's have done lots of stupid and pointless things over the years that later got debunked. The only people still supporting oral glutamine with bastardized science are those who have an interest in its sales. It's not really speculation to say that around 90-95% of oral glutamine is destroyed when its ingested. Here is a red flag and a key hint about the industry: All the companies selling special glutamine peptides, alpha-ketoglutarate, etc. are quick to point out how worthless regular glutamine is and how it all basically gets destroyed. I find it pretty hilarious. Some of them even used to sell regular glutamine.

There are better, cheaper ways to boost Glutathione (NAC, undenatured whey, ala, selenium)

Not trying to slam you or your stack, you look better than I do, and you know what you are doing. Just some food for thought man...

I created that PF product....as hard as it is to beat your own work, it is possible. NP has a major advantage in that we don't have to resell to other retailers...so you get direct from the manufacturer.

Now RPN could never beat PF, but NP can.
I'll be waiting... how did that last shipment of CLA test out?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still waiting for results. This time we brought in a very small amount, since we had to send the last shipment back.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya, I can respect that. The studies speak against it but I have never personally tried dosages like that either. That said, I think saying "every" national/pro uses glutamine is silly. A lot of those guys dont know any better anyway, lol. Some "guru" told them it was the sh1t in 1996 and they have made it a staple ever since. ;) They can pump their ass full of gear, work hard in the gym and control what they eat... But lets not confuse good BB's with good researchers & biochemists (or anyone who can read, lol). Most of those guys just do what they are told. Ronnie (ate time mista oleempia!!) can barely understand what his daily vitamin protocol consists of (seriously have you seen his videos). BB's have done lots of stupid and pointless things over the years that later got debunked. The only people still supporting oral glutamine with bastardized science are those who have an interest in its sales. It's not really speculation to say that around 90-95% of oral glutamine is destroyed when its ingested. Here is a red flag and a key hint about the industry: All the companies selling special glutamine peptides, alpha-ketoglutarate, etc. are quick to point out how worthless regular glutamine is and how it all basically gets destroyed. I find it pretty hilarious. Some of them even used to sell regular glutamine.

There are better, cheaper ways to boost Glutathione (NAC, undenatured whey, ala, selenium)

Not trying to slam you or your stack, you look better than I do, and you know what you are doing. Just some food for thought man...

I think glutamine is useful especially for the immmnune system. Other than that not really. Taurine is more an an abundant Amino acid than Glutamine research has debated. I know taurine volumizes my muskles.

You are very true about Bodybuilders doing any old thing and not researching, doing studies for themselves...to be a bodybuilder its best to know what your doing, make your own decisions and relying on yourself, living in your own reality, not anothers world. Sure take what you think works and leave it at that.

Dan Duecine back in the nineties used to give bodybuilders some crazy **** and they just took it because "he was a specialized scientist" Bodybuilding is a scientist sport, sure be open minded and benefit from research, but it is also good to be skeptical to an extent. know what I mean?

Its a personal choice. Beta Alanine is some good stuff.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just an FYI....the CLA softgels cleared lab analysis today...we hit over 80% purity (we were promised 70% CLA), and so we gave the green light.

Get ready for the next addition to the NutraCaps line...and at a price decent enough to megadose.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think glutamine is useful especially for the immmnune system. Other than that not really. Taurine is more an an abundant Amino acid than Glutamine research has debated. I know taurine volumizes my muskles.

You are very true about Bodybuilders doing any old thing and not researching, doing studies for themselves...to be a bodybuilder its best to know what your doing, make your own decisions and relying on yourself, living in your own reality, not anothers world. Sure take what you think works and leave it at that.

Dan Duecine back in the nineties used to give bodybuilders some crazy **** and they just took it because "he was a specialized scientist" Bodybuilding is a scientist sport, sure be open minded and benefit from research, but it is also good to be skeptical to an extent. know what I mean?

Its a personal choice. Beta Alanine is some good stuff.
I don't believe taurine is more abundant: it's takes up more volume though.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI....the CLA softgels cleared lab analysis today...we hit over 80% purity (we were promised 70% CLA), and so we gave the green light.

Get ready for the next addition to the NutraCaps line...and at a price decent enough to megadose.
Nice... wunna toss out some numbers? mg per cap? cap count?

prelim price estimate?

How do they compare to the ones you lined up for Prima? about the same? whats the % purity on those?

btw, Clear edge kicks ass - been taking 6-8 caps with caffeine while cramming for finals. Tomorrow Im taking 4-6 + 40mg propranolol early AM before the exam. :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are around 987 mg per cap, with a total CLA content of around 800mg. Of that CLA content, there is around 425mg of the active 10,12 isomer.

Price should be around $7 per 100.

The product ordered was supposed to be the same purity as Prima Force, but they ended up coming in more potent.

As soon as time allows, I will have 2-3 different formulas for the final beta test of Clear Edge (one with caffeine). I will tell you one thing though, the combination of using Reset AD every day, along with Clear Edge has been absolutely fantastic.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys/gals,

I have decided to take the advice given to me in the prior posts and try out the super cissus rx and the Anabolic Pump by USP Labs. I am giving the cissus at least a month to kick in and am dosing at 4 per day.

Now, on to the Anabolic Pump. In no way am I being biased when I say that Anabolic Pump (AP) is by far one of the most effective supplements I have tried. I took 2 before my workout with some carbs and my pumps were incredible after only 20 minutes. I have never lied about the effectiveness of a product and do not have any reason to. This product really does work up to its name and I am using it at 3 per day. My skin has tightened up and the veins exploded after the first 5 sets or so. I will keep you guys updated as I go.

Mike

Hey guys/gals,

I have decided to take the advice given to me in the prior posts and try out the super cissus rx and the Anabolic Pump by USP Labs. I am giving the cissus at least a month to kick in and am dosing at 4 per day.

Now, on to the Anabolic Pump. In no way am I being biased when I say that Anabolic Pump (AP) is by far one of the most effective supplements I have tried. I took 2 before my workout with some carbs and my pumps were incredible after only 20 minutes. I have never lied about the effectiveness of a product and do not have any reason to. This product really does work up to its name and I am using it at 3 per day. My skin has tightened up and the veins exploded after the first 5 sets or so. I will keep you guys updated as I go.

Mike
Cissus should add a nice anti catabolic kick. I would dose A cap first thing in the morning and before bed(people report deep sleep plus reduce cortisol during sleep).

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been giving my personal updates of AP and Super Cissus in my post in the normal forum under FYI......Also, using Anabolic Pump with Kwick Karb=:bb3:

Seriously, insane muscle fullness and fantastic pumps.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just started using NP CLA gel caps and will keep everyone posted. I am using 2 in the AM, 2 at noon, and 2 in the PM.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I just started using NP CLA gel caps and will keep everyone posted. I am using 2 in the AM, 2 at noon, and 2 in the PM.
Please keep us informed how you feel the CLA is working for you!

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just to update,

The CLA Supreme caps are working excellently, especially combo'd with Lipoderm, Bulk Sesathin, Anabolic Pump, Venom, ALA, Formestane, 6 OXO and Havoc!!!!!!

BTW, has anyone tried a mega dose on the Havoc yet?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to update,

The CLA Supreme caps are working excellently, especially combo'd with Lipoderm, Bulk Sesathin, Anabolic Pump, Venom, ALA, Formestane, 6 OXO and Havoc!!!!!!

Define Mega-dose. I think I've seen people going as high as 60mg with Epistane.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Just to update,

I took mine up to 50mgs for two weeks at 210 lbs and 12.2% bf. I think I could have done 60 mgs rather safely. My biggest concerns would have been that the strength gains would have been too rapidly.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The biggest problem with higher doses of either Havoc or Epistane is the back pumps, but if you can tolerate them or don't get them you could go higher with the doses but we don't recommend you go higher than 40mg.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet's CLA is still working extremely well in keeping abdominal area tight.

Looking to throw Abliderate into the stack in August.

ALA/ALCAR/Green Tea working awesome with the CLA

Form/OXO mix one of the best prods I have ever used for tightening up and leaning out

Anabolic Pump/Super Cissus/Powerfull: THis stack is the best money can buy at this time!!!!