Idebenone Caps?!?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Idebenone caps would be kick ass. Co-q10 is outrageously priced. This is the next best thing.... I see someone green has a good line on it.

Also wondering if we will ever see some Na-RALA or R-ALA caps?
Heres an idea, how about a fat 00 or 000 ALCAR/R-ALA cap combo? These should be taken together anyway.

I already buy these (Na-RALA, ALCAR) from you in powder form. I would gladly pay slightly more for some caps.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
its the poor mans co-q10!

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Imagine some fat caps with Idebenone/R-ALA/ALCAR in them. That would be one hell of a product.

What do you think Dsade? Are your ala/na-rala/alcar sales strong enough to justify it?
You can get ALCAR or Idebenone powder anywhere. Set yourself apart from other bulk powder/cap suppliers with a few unique & convenient blends like this.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Imagine some fat caps with Idebenone/R-ALA/ALCAR in them. That would be one hell of a product.

What do you think Dsade? Are your ala/na-rala/alcar sales strong enough to justify it?
You can get ALCAR or Idebenone powder anywhere. Set yourself apart from other bulk powder/cap suppliers with a few unique & convenient blends like this.

Other than the Ideb, we have all powders on-hand. Last time I checked, the Ideb was priced pretty heftily (though admittedly still cheaper realistically than CoQ10.)

The only cost we absorb (and it is pretty significant) is the production cost, which can run between $2k-$3k.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
So is that an "unlikely?"

caps w/ na-rala/alcar would still be kickass. thoughts on that? (even krala or rala....)

I buy your na-rala and alcar powder - great prices. Still, it would be nice to have caps. They are dosed together anyway (at least should be). And you need to take them in small amounts throughout the day since the hl of ala is so rapid compared to alcar. This would make for perfect use with caps. I guess I should just start capping my own stuff. I would pay more for convenience though.

Anyone who takes ALCAR knows you should probably be taking ALA with it right? heh
Dr. Bruce Ames has had very promising results with this combination of nutrients. Mitochondrial damage is a significant factor in the aging process, and ALCAR greatly improves mitochondrial function when given to old rats. Along with this comes improved short term memory and cognitive function, an effect that has also been observed when elderly humans are given ALCAR. However, Dr. Ames also found that when rodents were given high (but not low) doses of ALCAR, hepatic antioxidant status was lowered. ALA prevented this, and also caused an even further improvement in mitochondrial function. Ames concluded, "Supplementing the diet of old rats with ALCAR and LA significantly improves many of the most frequently encountered age-related changes in mammals – namely loss of energy metabolism, increased oxidative stress, decreased physical activity, and impaired cognitive function."
na-rala/alcar/ideb would be costly...probably unrealstic...but damn that would be a hell of a cap. If you bring it to market, I would personally spend 5min everyday promoting it on imminst.org to get those guys over here to support it with sales. There are a lot of potential customers over there man. Some of those guys have insane supplement protocols. They would eat that sh1t UP! Most of those guys are paying top dollar (and gettin ripped) for rala/alcar combos from Jarrow, AOR, NSI etc.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
buy the R-ALA/ALCAR powder from Nutra Planet.

Then while you are there put Cycle Support in your cart for your idebenone when you get them mix em together put in a nice shake and have at it :)

CROWLER

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
alpine is right. people at imminst.org have some pretty heavy supp regimens and dosing schemes. getting some of those guys over to nutra would be great for sales. Not to mention we could learn alot from them too, as the life extension commumity has been ahead of the curve on alot of things that would also pertain to bodybuilders.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
alpine is right. people at imminst.org have some pretty heavy supp regimens and dosing schemes. getting some of those guys over would be to nutra would be great for sales. Not to mention we could learn alot from them too, as the life extension commumity has been ahead of the curve on alot of things that would also pertain to bodybuilders.
A couple people over there asked me where I got my Na-rala. I pointed them to NP. I tried to spread the name around a bit w/out looking like a rep advertising or something.

So nobody else thinks R-ALA (or Na-RALA) + ALCAR caps would be cool? Obviously, I want the Ideb in there but rala/alcar caps at a lower price might be more marketable. If im paying for ALA, I want it it to be R-ALA at least. I'm seeing a lot more stuff on the S isomer interfering with the R (although nothing definitive) so the regular ALA caps appeal less and less. Na or K is even better...

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
At what doses would you make the caps though? The problem is you're going to use a generic ratio for a one size fits all. I prefer bulk powder as I can tweak the dosing to my needs.

Ideb is a tasteless powder and it's easy to cap so I'd be content with a bulk powder.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tha major limiting factor for any capsule is minimum runs. In order to have a decently dosed product, with the 50K cap minimum, the product launch would be close to $17k, including material and labor.

Not saying it won't happen, but $17k means sacrificing 3-4 other projects for something that will likely take many months to hit break-even point.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
At what doses would you make the caps though? The problem is you're going to use a generic ratio for a one size fits all. I prefer bulk powder as I can tweak the dosing to my needs.

Ideb is a tasteless powder and it's easy to cap so I'd be content with a bulk powder.
true... I guess I should just get used to capping my own stuff if I want it.

Tha major limiting factor for any capsule is minimum runs. In order to have a decently dosed product, with the 50K cap minimum, the product launch would be close to $17k, including material and labor.

Not saying it won't happen, but $17k means sacrificing 3-4 other projects for something that will likely take many months to hit break-even point.
Ya, I can definately understand that. It probably wouldn't be a huge hit with the mainstream customers. Sacrificing something like sesathin or x-factor for caps of a combo of powders you already sell would be a poor business move. Nice no BS answer.... appreciated.

Guess I just want NP to make my very own custom requested caps! :p

Back to the original topic though, Ideb powder or caps could do well. Maybe it hasn't quite caught on yet. People dont seem all that excited about it. Perhaps I overestimate the general interest in it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have my word that the Life Extension/Nootropic crowd is one close to my heart.

I am VERY into the life approach, and the concept of forced/assisted evolution, and I will do whatever I can to help bring price down/new ingredients to market.

If they are open to it, see what the ImmInst crowd would like to see most.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
You have my word that the Life Extension/Nootropic crowd is one close to my heart.

I am VERY into the life approach, and the concept of forced/assisted evolution, and I will do whatever I can to help bring price down/new ingredients to market.

If they are open to it, see what the ImmInst crowd would like to see most.
Cool...

did you see my Clear Edge + nicotine post? Any thoughts on that?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I concur and would definitely pick these up if you guys could make that happen!
Please tell me thats not you in the avitar... that seperation is just SICK... almost inhuman!!! :D

Adams

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Another vote for Idebenone powder as long as the quality is there.
AlphaGPC from cheminutra would be nice as well.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AlphaGPC from cheminutra would be nice as well.
AlphaGPC, I sent an inquiry about earlier today.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Bump... I think it would be successful even in bulk/uncapped powder. To my knowledge, there's not too many places offering it right now.
Def interested ASAP!!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
A couple people over there asked me where I got my Na-rala. I pointed them to NP. I tried to spread the name around a bit w/out looking like a rep advertising or something.

So nobody else thinks R-ALA (or Na-RALA) + ALCAR caps would be cool? Obviously, I want the Ideb in there but rala/alcar caps at a lower price might be more marketable. If im paying for ALA, I want it it to be R-ALA at least. I'm seeing a lot more stuff on the S isomer interfering with the R (although nothing definitive) so the regular ALA caps appeal less and less. Na or K is even better...
I do all my ordering from nutra and am an no way trying to lose them any business but I think there is another sponsor on this forum where you could make your own "custom" blend of ingredients in a "capsule".

300 caps each containing 100mg R-ALA (from Na-R-ALA) and 300mg ALCAR=$63.02
1500 caps each containing 100mg R-ALA (from Na-R-ALA) and 300mg ALCAR=$235.10

Last edited:

faustus

Awards
Dsade,

It's perhaps time to be a cut above the rest.

How about some MitoQ caps?

I mentioned this some time ago in the Product Request Thread, you said you gonna look into it.

Faustus