na-r-ala questions

wantstobeinshap

wantstobeinshap

Awards
how much should one take before meals and how long before the meals? Also, how much per day.

thanks!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IIRC, guideline was around 100mg for every 50 grams of carbs.

LiftingFit

Awards
IIRC, guideline was around 100mg for every 50 grams of carbs.
Dsade,

That would mean 100mg of the active R-ALA, yes? (seeing as how it requires 143mg of NA-R-ALA to get 100mg of R-ALA)

I did quite a bit of reading around on ALA, and decided on the NA-R-ALA as the best option (it was either that or K-R-ALA).

My main use is to use this along with ALCAR. Typical recommendations where for one to use 200mgs of ALA with their ALCAR dosage. I wonder how this plays into NA-R-ALA's increased bioavailability as per indicated here:
Bio-EnhancedTM Na-RALA is significantly more bioavailable than R-lipoic acid (RLA).

· 1000mg (1gram) RLA reaches a maximum concentration (Cmax) of 1.1ug/ml in human plasma

· 100mg (0.1gram) Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA reaches a Cmax of 2.3ug/ml

· On a weight basis Bio-Enhanced Na-RALA reaches a Cmax 21 times higher than RLA.
Based on the above information, I'm just going to stick with a 100mg dosage (143mg of narala) with my ALCAR and see how that affects me. I guess the only thing I'd notice if it was TOO strong I'd go hypo and lower it. I should be using it starting sometime mid next week, I'll try to give an update on that.

-Lifting

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Based on the above information, I'm just going to stick with a 100mg dosage (143mg of narala) with my ALCAR and see how that affects me. I guess the only thing I'd notice if it was TOO strong I'd go hypo and lower it. I should be using it starting sometime mid next week, I'll try to give an update on that.

-Lifting
Looking forward to the feedback.