dsade, can you make this happen?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i was dicking around on pubmed the other day and these studies caught my attention:

Effects of dietary mulberry, Korean red ginseng, and banaba on glucose homeostasis in relation to PPAR-alpha, PPAR-gamma, and LPL mRNA expressions.

* Park MY,
* Lee KS,
* Sung MK.

Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Human Ecology, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, 140-742, Korea.

Despite lack of scientific evidences to support its therapeutic efficacy, the use of herbal supplements has significantly increased. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of traditional anti-diabetic herbs on the progress of diabetes in db/db mice, a typical non-insulin-dependent model. Five different experimental diets were as follows: control diet, 0.5% mulberry leaf water extract diet, 0.5% Korean red ginseng diet, 0.5% banaba leaf water extract diet, and 0.5% combination diet (mulberry leaf water extract/Korean red ginseng/banaba leaf water extract, 1:1:1). Blood levels of glucose, insulin, HbA1c, and triglyceride were measured every 2 weeks. At 12 weeks of age, animals were sacrificed, and tissue mRNA levels of PPAR-alpha, PPAR-gamma, and LPL were determined. Results indicated that mulberry leaf water extract, Korean red ginseng, banaba leaf water extract, and the combination of above herbs effectively reduced blood glucose, insulin, TG, and percent HbA1c in study animals (p<0.05). We also observed that the increased expressions of liver PPAR-alpha mRNA and adipose tissue PPAR-gamma mRNA in animals fed diets supplemented with test herbs. The expression of liver LPL mRNA was also increased with experimental diets containing herbs. The efficacy was highest in animals fed the combination diet for all of the markers used. These results suggest that mulberry leaf water extract, Korean red ginseng, banaba leaf water extract, and the combination of these herbs fed at the level of 0.5% of the diet significantly increase insulin sensitivity, and improve hyperglycemia possibly through regulating PPAR-mediated lipid metabolism.

PMID: 15979095 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Antiobesity activity of extracts from Lagerstroemia speciosa L. leaves on female KK-Ay mice.

* Suzuki Y,
* Unno T,
* U****ani M,
* Hayashi K,
* Kakuda T.

Central Research Institute, Itoen, Ltd., Shizuoka, Japan.

Banaba in the Tagalog name, Lagerstroemia speciosa L., has been used as a folk medicine for a long time among diabetics in the Philippines. Extracts from banaba leaves have been reported to reduce diabetic symptoms in genetically diabetic mice (Type II, KK-Ay). In the present study, female mice of the same strain showing remarkable body weight gain were used to examine the antiobesity effect of dietary banaba extract. Five-week-old female KK-Ay mice were fed a control diet or test diet containing 5% of a hot-water extract from banaba leaves instead of cellulose for 12 wk. Neither group showed any changes in diet intake during the experimental period. Body weight gain and parametrial adipose tissue weight were lowered significantly in the banaba diet group. Blood glucose levels were not suppressed in the banaba diet group, but hemoglobin A1C was found to be suppressed at the end of the experiment. No effects on the serum lipids were observed, but the mice fed banaba extract showed a significant decrease, to 65% of the control level in total hepatic lipid contents. This decrease was due to a reduction in the accumulation of triglyceride. These results suggest that banaba had a beneficial effect on obese female KK-Ay mice.

PMID: 10737232 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

the extracts from banaba are amazing. banaba methanol eluent, corosolic acid, and tannic acid can all be useful. think you can make a capped supplement with the proposed ingredients in the first study: mulberry leaf water extract, Korean red ginseng, and banaba leaf water extract? im assuming the banaba leaf extract is likely tannic acid though. theres a ton of research backing this up? ill post one additional study everyday til you submit to this idea... jk:stick:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you secretly the Admin? You got 2 posts going on under 2 names!

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
AHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:donut:

The donut knows your plan wannabehulk.

Or should I call you, Admin........................

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
koreabn red ginseng im interested in this

i know one place that sells it but its pricey

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me price this out for Nutricaps...impressive studies.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Are you secretly the Admin? You got 2 posts going on under 2 names!
what are you talking about? i dont understand...

anyways, when i get time, ill try to figure out what extracts were used and what the effective doses are.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
travbedaman Evomuse 8
MidwestBeast Company Promotions 0
MidwestBeast Evomuse 19
Evomuse 13
dsade Evomuse 70