bulk CitMalate prob....

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:think: i dont know whats up with my bulk cit malate ive got.

ive heard and seen clumping from moisture while shipping or whatever with my other bulk supps ive received but this is just rediculous.

the entier bucket is in a gooey mass and not just clumpy, its all sticky and hard to scoop out, i have to scrape at it or drop it on the floor to break off clumps then try to accuratley dose it with my 1/4 tsp.

is this just common with citmalate or is this really bad moisture contammintation?

ive ordered AEE/AAKG/CEE/Taurine/Powerfull/cissus/creamono all in bulk and never had this prob before.:think:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I had this happen with CM before...turned into a gooey yellow polymer. Still worked but it was a pain to sludge out and dissolve in water.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks B,

wanted to make sure my shii wasnt goin bad, figured it was just a natural characteristic of the compound comin from apples and what not but it still worried me, thanks again for the input.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
Heh. I had di-creatine malate get clumpy. I have some citrulline-malate, too. Just checked and it is a semi-solid clump, too. Have you tried breaking it into smaller clumps with a fork and then mashing them in something like wax paper? I have a mallet with a smooth side (for my food) but I also have a mortar and pestle. I have found using a metal spoon and eyeballing it acceptable.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks B,

wanted to make sure my shii wasnt goin bad, figured it was just a natural characteristic of the compound comin from apples and what not but it still worried me, thanks again for the input.
It can attract some water, but a single dollop? Any way you can shoot me a pic for my own curiosity?

Worst I have ever seen, I think, is Alpha-GPC. Trying to scoop that stuff up after it gets exposed to moisture (it was during that hurricane season back in 2004) was not pretty.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The weird thing is I live in AZ with virtually no humidity, but mine turned into a blob of yellow gluey-solid.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It can attract some water, but a single dollop? Any way you can shoot me a pic for my own curiosity?

Worst I have ever seen, I think, is Alpha-GPC. Trying to scoop that stuff up after it gets exposed to moisture (it was during that hurricane season back in 2004) was not pretty.
i had to scoop it out with a serving spoon and it retained the shape of the bucket perfectly!!!!!

as for right after LITERALLY right after i snapped the shot it split in 2 between my fingers and went all over my lap and chair :rant: .... managed to get most of it put back in the bucket as its all clumpy but prob lost a good 2-3 servings that turned to powder i had to vaccum up.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. At least we use the material that doesn't turn into a solid brick that cannot be broken.

For the stuff in the chair, next time try snorting with a straw. :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i had to scoop it out with a serving spoon and it retained the shape of the bucket perfectly!!!!!

as for right after LITERALLY right after i snapped the shot it split in 2 between my fingers and went all over my lap and chair :rant: .... managed to get most of it put back in the bucket as its all clumpy but prob lost a good 2-3 servings that turned to powder i had to vaccum up.
My stuff from nutra did the exact same thing... I think its just the nature of the beast.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet. At least we use the material that doesn't turn into a solid brick that cannot be broken.

All that just depends on how fast you use the product. I had mine for a month before using it... you know how well CM goes into liquid... it wouldnt even melt without a good work at it.

Crazy

Adams

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established

Ya, I would imagine you can just shake the canister up real good and break some of that up a little better. It clearly separated out into a fairly fine powder when it fell into the chair.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have to scrape at it or drop it on the floor to break off clumps then try to accuratley dose it
ya i didnt say it couldnt brake apart, just wondered about the fact that it was SO clumpy and sticky and if this was a normal aspect for this compound when exposed to a small amount of moisture.... others just get a lil clumpy and not sticky and fall right apart when prodded with a 1/4 tsp.... this one i have to press into the tsp with force as its a malleable mass..... some of it goes pretty powdery.... the rest is damn sticky...

this just seems to be normal for cit malate.... no problem.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya i didnt say it couldnt brake apart, just wondered about the fact that it was SO clumpy and sticky and if this was a normal aspect for this compound when exposed to a small amount of moisture.... others just get a lil clumpy and not sticky and fall right apart when prodded with a 1/4 tsp.... this one i have to press into the tsp with force as its a malleable mass..... some of it goes pretty powdery.... the rest is damn sticky...

this just seems to be normal for cit malate.... no problem.
Try a dehydrator!!! :D

I wonder... does it become rock then? Smoke it like an 8 ball!!!

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:rofl:all this sniffin and smokin.... you guys love your white powders.:rofl:
We all gotta have our vices. Mine is smoking supplements... the Tribulus give me one great of a high/erection.

Adams

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We all gotta have our vices. Mine is smoking supplements... the Tribulus give me one great of a high/erection.

Adams
I tried this...my tongue poked right through the roof of my mouth for hours.