Olestra, any way to get it Dsade?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This would be ausome to have to cook with, but I can't find it anywhere but in products.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In some individuals it does, but not all. It doesn't inhibit the absorbtion of fat, you just have to make sure your getting healthy dietary fat elsewhere throughout the day. So if you took 2 grams of fish oil or a tsp olive oil in whatever you cooked with the olestra you would be fine. I just think this would be great to do more with it than just chips, because thats all they use it for. I would like to make some chicken nuggets once in a while with real chicken breasts. It would be nice to make it with the Olestra. There is so much you could do with it, would be a great stack with Sesalean. Get on it Dsade, work your magic!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In some individuals it does, but not all. It doesn't inhibit the absorbtion of fat, you just have to make sure your getting healthy dietary fat elsewhere throughout the day. So if you took 2 grams of fish oil or a tsp olive oil in whatever you cooked with the olestra you would be fine. I just think this would be great to do more with it than just chips, because thats all they use it for. I would like to make some chicken nuggets once in a while with real chicken breasts. It would be nice to make it with the Olestra. There is so much you could do with it, would be a great stack with Sesalean. Get on it Dsade, work your magic!

Many scientists and doctors are worried about whether olestra is safe for people to consume. They originally wanted the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to reject Procter & Gamble's petition to market a line of foods containing it. One big fear is that eating olestra may lead to nutritional deficiencies. Fats normally bind to the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K in your intestines, and when your body absorbs the fat, these essential vitamins come along for the ride. The same vitamins also stick to the fake fat, olestra. Instead of being taken up into the body, they are excreted, unused, with it. If you consume excessive amounts of olestra-containing foods, you may not get enough of these important vitamins in your diet.

This is taken from,

Howstuffworks "How does olestra work?"

There are so many reasons not to use this stuff it boggles the mind why you would want to take it!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but defficiencies only occur if one is using Olestra all the time for every meal. There I could see a problem, but for those who want it for one meal a week its not going to lead to any problems. Simply for taking the guilt away from eating something bad once in a while.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I honestly think you'd be better off using Enova oil... and I don't usually recommend that either. I mean, no offense, but you gotta be seriously desperate to need something like Olestra.