Product idea for Dsade

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Over the past couple months I've been drinking quite a bit of green tea, mainly for its stimulating effects. I find it to provide a much cleaner stimulant effect than coffee, and when making it into an iced tea its much more refreshing. Even more recently I found a product made by lipton which I absolutely love.

I'm sure most of you have seen those little crystal light singles...well lipton makes a green tea version (calorie free). It comes in several flavors: cherry, peach, citrus...even a blueberry one which was just awesome. Its extremely convenient to throw a few of the packets into my bookbag and when I need a little boost I just throw it into my water bottle and have quality instant green tea. The flavor is mild, but quite good if you like tea.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that I think that this type of product would make an awesome addition to your RPN product line. Take a high quality green tea powder and sell it in bulk with a scooper, or possibly make the individual packets as lipton/crystal light does. Since NP already has flavor systems, I'm assuming that it would be fairly easy to add some flavor/artifical sweetener to the tea.

Its just a suggestion, but I really hope that you consider this type of product...I think it would sell very well if done correctly.

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
I asked for a green tea (not egcg extract) powder some time ago and D said he was getting one in. I wonder if this is still in the works... Please say yes! :hammer:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have something you might like....something better. My contact in China will be back with price and lead time in about 3 weeks.

I can't spill it, as I have already spoken breifly to individuals with ties to Costco and Trader Joe's regarding the idea and they are interested.

It is a little different than the idea you are putting out here, but it will be big too. As for the tea powder, thanks for reminding me. I can probably have some right quick now.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
hey quigs, if you like the stimulant effects from green tea, you should try yerba mate. i find it much more favorable than green tea in this sense.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey quigs, if you like the stimulant effects from green tea, you should try yerba mate. i find it much more favorable than green tea in this sense.
Or maybe a good combo product...Yerba Mate Tea

Yerba MaTEA?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Better yet Greentea cotton candy!!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that you brought this up because I've been meaning to try yerba mate for some time. Any brand suggestions?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Or maybe a good combo product...Yerba Mate Tea

Yerba MaTEA?
This definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in. I'm looking forward to the product that you have in the works...

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that you brought this up because I've been meaning to try yerba mate for some time. Any brand suggestions?
i personally use guayaki loose leaf mate and brew like coffee. however, i also really like the wisdom of the ancient yerba mate tea bags. cant go wrong with either one:thumbsup:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what about greentea candy?
Or better yet, grean tea edible panties.

Green Tea candy is a good idea, actually. I know it has been done, but I can do it better. I do everything better. :)

Ego alert, ego alert.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
i personally use guayaki loose leaf mate and brew like coffee. however, i also really like the wisdom of the ancient yerba mate tea bags. cant go wrong with either one:thumbsup:
Sounds good, I'm going to pick some up this week. Personally, as far as green tea goes, I am really fond of the forms which are a ground powder that can be mixed directly (where you drink the whole leaf). I've found these to be more effective than those in which you "extract" the actives out of a tea bag...or in your case a coffee filter. Thanks again for the suggestion!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mixed RK with Kroger's instant green tea powder and a little bit of spleda (I don't like my tea too sweet) the other day, and it tastes delicious.

Perhaps a more potent green tea for a thermogenic/fatloss shot. No sense in capping something if it tastes good.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established

Green Tea candy is a good idea, actually. I know it has been done, but I can do it better. I do everything better. :)

Ego alert, ego alert.
What about the RK candies you promised? RK+GTE=MMM

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

Ego alert, ego alert.
That would actually be a great idea ! What would the dose and ECGC extract percent be with a green tea candy ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That would actually be a great idea ! What would the dose and ECGC extract percent be with a green tea candy ?
It would probably be a maximum of 50mg or so per piece.

johnfaceman

johnfaceman

Awards
  • Established
any updates. Really looking to get my hands on at least the bulk GT powder.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any updates. Really looking to get my hands on at least the bulk GT powder.
I have a meeting Monday with my Tea supplier. I will be inquiring about the powdered tea amongst other things.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I didn't feel like reading past the first post on this thread, I'm tired...but crystal light makes green tea in a few flavors...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't feel like reading past the first post on this thread, I'm tired...but crystal light makes green tea in a few flavors...
Trouble is...what is the EGCG content of Crystal Light?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Not sure...looked around and couldn't find it....but see, I said I didn't want to read the thread, guess I should have...

Looking forward to this...any idea on the flavors?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, there really is something to that yerba mate. I can't figure it out.. everything I've read suggested the so-called mateine is nothing more than caffeine, and yet yerba mate does not feel the same as coffee or tea. I've got a lot of experience with stims and Yerba Mate really does something different.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, there really is something to that yerba mate. I can't figure it out.. everything I've read suggested the so-called mateine is nothing more than caffeine, and yet yerba mate does not feel the same as coffee or tea. I've got a lot of experience with stims and Yerba Mate really does something different.
When are we going to collaborate some more?

ultraman

Awards
  • Established

Ego alert, ego alert.
Oh, behave yourself in front of the lady, please........ :hammer: :icon_lol: :nutkick: :nono:

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
what about greentea candy?
You mean greentea protein bar, greentea cookie mix, greentea protein powder, etc?
I like greentea ice-cream they serve at those sushi restaurants! Yummy! :thumbsup: :food: :hot:

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
You mean greentea protein bar, greentea cookie mix, greentea protein powder, etc?
I like greentea ice-cream they serve at those sushi restaurants! Yummy! :thumbsup: :food: :hot:
haha hmm I think he'll slap me for making those suggestions, Greentea ice-cream is delicious.... maybe sweeten up some cottage/ricotta/cream cheese.. blend with a little bit of fat.. (forget about transport/storage issues) maybe? maybe???

Shhhhoosh D, let the girl dream! :rant:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote