Bulk BCAA

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
I just have a quick question about the Bulk BCAA from Nutraplanet that either Dsade, Stryder, or another AM member could explain to me.

Is the bulk BCAA powder from Nutraplanet the same (amount per dose) as the Optimum's BCAA powder? I am aware that Nutra's is a 2:1:1 ratio and contains 400mg per teaspoon, but what I'm asking is does one teaspoon of Optimum Nutrition's BCAA powder equal the same amount of Nutraplanet's BCAA powder?

I had used Optimum Nutrition's in the past but switched over to Nutraplanets brand to support a board sponsor and because I know that Nutra's bulk line is great quality.

The reason I ask is because "one rounded teaspoon" of Optimum Nutrition's BCAA powder gives you 5000mg (5g) of BCAA. Nutraplanets gives 400mg per 1/4 teaspoon or 1600mg (1.6g) per 1 teaspoon. Now I understand that Optimum's is a "rounded teaspoon," which implies that it well over just a 1 teaspoon measurement. But even if you tripled Nutraplanet's BCAA, you would only get 4800mg (4.8g) of BCAA powder, and that would be in 3 teaspoons total?

...Am i missing something here, or is Nutraplanet's BCAA just a lower concentration than Optimum Nutritions? (I am not trying to bash Nutraplanet's bulk BCAA @ all. Many of my threads praise Nutraplanet and their bulk powder line, and I'm almost positive I'm just not realizing something here)

Thanks in advance

Mikey

P.S.-One of the reasons I ask is because I am currently using Nutraplanet's bulk BCAA (obviously) as well as some other products I had ordered and trying out different combinations of pre-workout drinks. Once completed, I will post full reviews as always.

Bwill

Awards
Your answer sir: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/60042-bulk-bcaa-label.html

To summarize: Yes the label is correct. The NP BCAA is of the 'finer mesh' variety which somehow accounts for the difference bet brands. Also, NP's is not 1600 mg of BCAA per tablespoon and then 3400 mg of 'other stuff'. Per tablespoon NP's stuff simply weighs less due to its finer consistency, not a lower concentration. On a related note, I read Scivation went to a 'finer mesh' BCAA a while back, and the difference in appearance and mixability was quite noticable to me.

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Your answer sir: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/60042-bulk-bcaa-label.html

To summarize: Yes the label is correct. The NP BCAA is of the 'finer mesh' variety which somehow accounts for the difference bet brands. Also, NP's is not 1600 mg of BCAA per tablespoon and then 3400 mg of 'other stuff'. Per tablespoon NP's stuff simply weighs less due to its finer consistency, not a lower concentration. On a related note, I read Scivation went to a 'finer mesh' BCAA a while back, and the difference in appearance and mixability was quite noticable to me.

Thank you for clearing that up. I knew it was something simple that I was overlooking. I guess that explains why Nutraplanet's bulk BCAA's mix a lot easier than other one's I've tried.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We use the same BCAAs as Scivation.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So it's the same product as Xtend minus the gluatmine and flavor?
Minus flavor, Citrulline Malate, b6, and Glutamine. And no glossy label.

But on the plus side, Sam kisses every kilo for luck.

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Minus flavor, Citrulline Malate, b6, and Glutamine. And no glossy label.

But on the plus side, Sam kisses every kilo for luck.
Ahhh that explains the lipstick on my container

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you happen to find a pair of pink edible panties in the bottom...dsade needs them back. Think of it as the Wonka golden..er pink...ticket!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
\ Think of it as the Wonka golden..er pink...ticket!
ticket is right...You told me it was the wildest 2 minutes of your life.

tback89

Awards
as for mixing, what is the best route to take.

i remember always hearing that BCAA taste terrible, should you mix in crystal light?

Bwill

Awards
as for mixing, what is the best route to take.

i remember always hearing that BCAA taste terrible, should you mix in crystal light?
Buy some of the BSL or Nutraplanet flavor packs. Add a small amount to your BCAA/Water and it tastes pretty good. I would imagine Crystal Light would work as well.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Buy some of the BSL or Nutraplanet flavor packs. Add a small amount to your BCAA/Water and it tastes pretty good. I would imagine Crystal Light would work as well.
The bulk BCAA's taste fine. I mix mine right with water and down it. The finer mesh BCAA's go down easily..