Clear Edge review

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had 3 nights this week with around 4 hours of sleep, I've worked 12+ hours every day, and I've been tending to my coffee roasting business in the evenings. I missed one of three weekly workouts on Friday, and missing workouts is tough mentally and physically. And we're trying to relocate. It's been a tough week.

So yesterday, I worked my 12 at my security job: watching monitors of the property, and patrolling when necessary. My boss showed up, and dumped some BS on us, and my client left to go to an award show, so we had lots of activity beforehand. I left work late, got home by 8:30PM, talked to my wife a bit, then went and roasted coffee til 11PM. I then had to deliver it to the local cafe that buys it. I got in bed after 12, and got up around 5:30 to come to work.

I had a headache, and I was tired. The lack of sleep is cumulative. I sat around and watched the monitors, but it was painful to stare at the lit screens, and I just wanted to close my eyes. I typically have my coffee around 10-11AM, so I took 4 Clear Edge around 9:30, and waited to see what happened.

Within 20 minutes, my headache was 80% gone. THe remaining 20% was caffeine related. I suddenly felt ready to take on my day; the fog had lifted. I felt relaxed, happy, and alert. I brewed a fresh roasted cup of Colombia Narino Especial, and that was the icing on the cake. I got a bit more of a buzz from the coffee than usual, i think.

I'm surprised at how clean it is: no high, no weirdness, no crash. 8 hours later, I feel pretty good, better than I should. 4-6 is my drowsy time, but i'm not drowsy.

I'm tempted to order 2-3 more bottles just based on this single experience. I like it. I like that it has no stims, I prefer to have the option of adding when needed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good Feedback.

Coffee roasting...way cool. What kind of beans do you offer? Would this be something that Nutraplanet could carry?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:lol: Why, yes, what a novel idea! Of course Nutra could carry some fresh roasted goodness. :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm kind of curious, how old is most of the coffee at places like grocery stores and Starbucks?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1-12 months for the bagged stuff. Ground Folgers-type stuff? You don't want to know.

I recommend coffee be used within 3-4 weeks of roasting, MAX, preferably 2.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't know it was that old. I've had pretty fresh coffee before, and you can definitely tell the difference.

Do you vacuum seal?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, I don't. vacuum sealing extends the life of the coffee by a bit, but not as much as you'd think. Sealed or not, I can taste the degredation of coffee roasted more than two weeks ago. Most coffees peak is days 5-7.

I prefer to put the roast date on my bags, have it in customers hands within 2-3 days of roasting, and allow them to enjoy it at its peak.

I never recommend that someone buy more than they can use in two weeks.

BTW, this all applies to coffee stored as whole beans. Ground coffee goes stale quickly: 5 minutes for espresso, and realistically within 2-3 days for drip, if kept in an airtight container/tupperware.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took Clear Edge first thing yesterday morning, 6AM. I got a nice clarity from it, as if I woke up faster and wasn't groggy. It tapered down by about 9AM.

I think I prefer it around 9:30 AM a half hour before by coffee, it seened to have a synergy. So I'm going to try that again today.

I love that it has no stims in it, that's such a bonus to me. I prefer to add stims when I feel like it. No negative sides whatsoever, so far.

sorbee711

Awards
Hey poison, I followed you over here from NASIOC. Figured I may as well join up since I've been reading for a while.

I ordered some clear edge with the rest of my usual supplements and so far like it. I will really put it to the test this Sat. with the UFC fight night on and needing the keep my energy up for a night with the boys! With all the drinking and shenanigans that take place, I need to have my strength for the late night.

Also wanted to say Nutraplanet rocks and you guys are getting a bunch of business through good word of mouth from poison. There are many guys at NASIOC that are placing orders because of our resident guru poison.

For those who like coffee, poison has the best stuff. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the props, Sorbee...yeah I have kind of taken a shine to poison. Trying to talk him into letting us carry his coffee.

sorbee711

Awards
Thanks for the props, Sorbee...yeah I have kind of taken a shine to poison. Trying to talk him into letting us carry his coffee.
A little clear edge, a little coffee, Nutraplanet will become a one-stop shop! :icon_lol:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, sorbee!! How ya doing!

dsade, lets hook it up!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Heh, I'm roasting coffee right now.

Anyway, I've tried Clear EDge every way possible: with food, without; with caffeine, without; early morning, just before bed, and everything in between.

I love it. I love that it has no stims in it, and I can choose whether or not to add them. The best scenario so far is to take it two hours after breakfast, around 9:30am, then have my coffee around ten. THat is just a great clean state of mind for me to work in. I have a new boss, and he's making a lot of changes. I'm really trying to prove myself, and Clear Edge has enabled me to do a better job when I'm dragging. I'm consistantly catching security issues on camera that he;s missing. :D I haven't been able to slack a bit this week; it's been 12 hours a day straight of non-stop 'awareness', of my surroundings, who came, who left, what's different. I'm mentally taxed after 3-5 hours; I pop 4 pills, and I have a boost good for 2-3 more hours, with ZERO negative or downside to it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking great....you need to send me an email about the coffee, already!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:huh: I did! pm me it again, so I know I have the right one.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards