longjack 1:100 vs longjax 1:20

dr ozz

dr ozz

Awards
Why did you guys change from a 1:100 extract to a 1:20??
Would it be ok to dose around 500 mg's 1:100 5 days a week for 8 weeks? Possible sides? Need for an AI? Thanks!

Ozz

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LJ100
Talbott S, Talbott J, Negrete J, Jones M, Nichols M, and Roza J.
Effect of Eurycoma longifolia
Extract on Anabolic Balance During Endurance Exercise. SupplementWatch, Inc. Draper,
UT, 84020 USA and Source One Global Partners, Chicago, IL 60611 USA.
[email protected]

Eurycoma longifolia, commonly known as “Tongkat Ali” or “Longjack,” is often touted as a testosterone “booster” and marketed to athletes as a training aid and performance enhancer.
Rodent studies have shown oral delivery of Eurycoma extract to improve sexual performance and increase serum testosterone levels. Open-label human trials have suggested that Eurycoma extract may help prevent age-associated androgen deficiency, improve sexual function, and
increase psychological parameters such as mood, energy, and sense of well-being. The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of Eurycoma longifolia on testosterone and cortisol levels during intense endurance exercise. We used a water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia
(E) standardized to 22% eurypeptides and 40% glycosaponins. Male subjects (N=30) were recruited from a 24-hour mountain biking event and asked to provide a saliva sample before and after each lap for measurement of cortisol and testosterone by enzyme immunoassay (Salimetrics, State College, PA). Subjects completed 4 laps (14.91 miles/lap) and provided 8 saliva samples over a 24h period. Subjects consumed 100mg of E (N = 15) or a look-alike
placebo (P, N = 15) approximately 30 minutes prior to endurance exercise. Cortisol levels were 32.3% lower in E compared to P (0.552+0.665 versus 0.816+0.775 ug/dL, P < 0.05).
Testosterone levels were 16.4% higher in E compared to P (86.72+40.90 versus 72.47+33.77 pg/mL, P < 0.05). These results suggest that Eurycoma longifolia extract may help to maintain normal levels of cortisol (low) and testosterone (high) and thus promote an overall “anabolic” hormonal state (versus a “catabolic” state characterized by elevated cortisol and suppressed
testosterone) during intense endurance exercise.
================================================== ======

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/files/download/101014

================================================== ======
Body Building Benefits of LJ100:

Greater Testosterone Bioavailability—Unbinds BT and increases FT, without increase in aromatization into estrogen. Approx 80%-150% improvement in serum testosterone in athletes in 2 weeks

Increases 4-Androstenedione - responsible for lean body mass, fat decrease, and muscle building

Does not increase Dihydrotestosterone - responsible for hair loss and prostate swelling associated with Prostate Cancer.

Average Testosterone Increase of 100% in less than 2 weeks—seen in healthy men under age 50.

Increase in cGMP and cAMP by 60%
Increase in ATP production by 80%
DHEA will rise by about 45%
SHBG suppression reduces fat formation

Effective even for those with hormonal damage—Studies show positive results in individuals with hypogonadism

This translates to:

* More testosterone for Muscle Build
* Improved Work-Out, Endurance, Strength & Energy
* Improved Recovery After Work Out
* Significantly reduce decreased Body Fat

The right dosage fro bodybuilding is LJ100 between 300 mg 500mg

Optimizing Male Health using LongJaX™

Long Jack Question? - Mind and Muscle Forums

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/57758-nps-longjax-20-a.html

I think the LongJax is a better choice than the 100:1. Maybe that is why dsade switched. In the NP'S LongJax thread I think dsade is working on making the LongJax extract even better but it is moving slow. I am waiting for this to test and get bloodwork done to see how it effects test levels.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The LongJax seems to be better, correct.

Feedback is more consistent and dosage needed is lower.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've already reported in an old post that it seems from what I've seen that all the 100:1 extracts found in the US are fake, and it's better to stick with 20:1. But at that time dsade has checked with his supplier and they said that their 100:1 were/are legit. I still think the 20:1 is a better choice.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I remember commenting on the really light color of the LJ100. The real stuff is said to be very dark and gets a little messy when touched, since it reacts w/ the oils on your fingertips.

NP assured that it was legit, so let's hope they weren't scammed, themselves. I can't see how 20:1 is better than 100:1, but if it's legit, it's legit. I just noticed the change as i was browsing the site.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, I remember commenting on the really light color of the LJ100. The real stuff is said to be very dark and gets a little messy when touched, since it reacts w/ the oils on your fingertips.

NP assured that it was legit, so let's hope they weren't scammed, themselves. I can't see how 20:1 is better than 100:1, but if it's legit, it's legit. I just noticed the change as i was browsing the site.
20:1 may be superior to 100:1
This was taken from, Long Jack Question? - Mind and Muscle Forumswhere Matt Palada from CNW said...

I honestly do not know what source is best...and to further complicate the issues, here is the explanation a vendor gave me as to why their 20:1 extract was better than the 100:1 extracts on the market.

LJ100 is a Eurycoma product that is a 100:1 water extract. They recently have standardized their product based on Europeptide. They had a patent application filed on that. I have read carefully the patent application (US 2004/0087493). I am not convinced that the peptide they identified, 36 amino acids, 4.3KD is responsible for the biological activity for the following reason:

A) The only biological test they did in the patent application was using a Fr3 fraction by size-exclusive column. This faction contains many things, among them the 36 amino acids, 4.3KD peptide. Based on my many year’s experience in drug-based screening, unless you purify the peptide or synthesis the peptide and use it for the biological testing, you can not conclude at all that the peptide is responsible for the effect. IN fact, 98% of the cases it is not responsible.

Based on my experience, peptide normally elute at 20-40 mins range. 9 mins elute is too early for peptide, which makes me skeptical.

C) If you look at the HPLC graph on Figure 3 of the patent application, there are many different components there. Unless they specifically tested the peptide (which did not show in the patent), they can not conclude that the peptide is responsible for the biological effect.

Unless they have direct data, Europeptide is misleading to me.

2) Lab Analysis

If they believe that it is the glycoprotein that is responsible, our product has high content of glycoprotein, even at a 20:1 ratio. Here is the result of our LongJax versus LJ 100 done at the same independent lab:

Based on the Glycoprotein level, our product provides 10 fold more value compared to LJ100 since their product is 5 times more concentrated. This is conceivable because optimal extraction concentration will likely retain more useful ingredients.

3) Human Studies:

The optimum test of the biological function is, of course, the effectiveness in human. We have also carried a small human test, and fortunately, used the same method as done by LJ100. Thus it can be used as a comparison.

1) LJ100 study (copied from Website)

Saliva Testosterone Test of 9 Individuals 26-52 years of Age

¢Dosage 2x2(50mg/capsules) morning & evening for 10 days

¢Normal range for athlete 800 = 150ng/dl of blood

Volunteer age pre treatment after treatment %

ng/dl blood ng/dl blood Increase

1 26 860 = 30 1,650 = 50 91.86%

2 28 580 = 30 985 = 35 69.83%

3 35 875 = 40 1, 576 = 60 80.11%

4 24 950 = 45 2,210 = 55 132.63%

5 29 755 = 30 1,345 = 35 78.15%

6 48 650 = 20 875 = 30 34.62%

7 52 450 = 25 765 = 35 70.00%

8 50 585 = 25 875 = 35 49.57%

9 42 350 = 30 480 = 35 37.14%

Data – preliminary data - more work to be carried out

Volunteers 1-5 are athletes - data are an average of 3 different studies at different times

Volunteers 6-9 do not exercise on a regular basis

2) Longjax study

Testosterone Saliva Test

(Dosage 800mg/day for 5 days)

Volunteer Age Pre-treatment After-treatment % increase

(ng/dl) (ng/dl)

1 61 49.9 130.9 150%

2 40 147 274 86%

3 25 181 334 85%

*Tests were done in the US by medical clinical labs.

*Samples were collected same time every morning.

*Preliminary data

* Volunteers do not exercise on a regular basis.

Notice that in normal individuals, LJ100 at 200mg/day (100:1 extract) increased T on an average 47.83% in four individuals. Longjax, on the other hand, increased T on an average 107% in three individuals at a dosage of 800mg/day (20:1 extract). Thus, LongJax is 2-fold effective in human tests even at a lower dosage as compared to LJ100.

4) Safety Issue:

Longjax has a LD50 of greater than 5g/kg (the highest people normally test). We spent more money to have the test done in Japan to insure quality.

5) Other Quality Advantages of Longjax

A. We set internal quality control standards. We take steps to make sure our quality is consistent. B. We do studies in the US to assure accuracy.
C. LongJaX is reprocessed in the US. As a result, it offers the following three advantages.
a) Free flowing and friendly for manufacturing.
The eurycoma extract tends to be clumpy when stored over a period of time. The capsule may not look the same as the new ones. LongJaX can store much longer without the same issue. Your capsules can maintain its original form over time.

c) The eurycoma extract can have high yeast and mould. The reprocessing process will help control yeast and mould.

d).Our material is made of roots. There are inferior materials on the market that are made of trunk. Such extract may have low potency and high toxic ingredients.

:bruce1: