Clear Edge Product Review

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
As I'm sure most of you know, nutraplanet has a pretty killer deal on the new Clear Edge nootropic supplement. I saw that dsade is looking for testers, and I'm sure that many of you are curious about this product. I figured that I could help out here by giving my unbiased opinion.

I'm really a sucker for any type of memory/cognitive enhancing supplement and I've got quite a bit of experience with them. Some previous products that I've used include:

SNS Focus XT
Omega Cerebral
Scivation Neurostim

also bulk nootropics...
ALCAR, phenibut, aniracetam/choline, theanine, rhodiola, deprenyl, etc...

I placed an order for 5 bottles (for only $30) a few days ago and recieved it yesterday. This morning, I took my first serving (8 caps) along with 100mg of caffiene. Honestly, I wasn't expecting too much out of this product when I ordered...but for the price I figured that I had nothing to lose.

After my 1st dose, I'm wondering if I made a mistake by only picking up 5 bottles. I would rate this higher than any of the other nootropic formulas that I've tried in the past (focus xt, neurostim, etc.). After about 30 minutes of taking the product, I began to feel the effects. Increased mental energy, elevated mood, and certainly increased focus.

As I said, its only been one day...but so far I'm really impressed. If you haven't already, I suggest you pick some up. You won't find a better nootropic formula for this price.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1225/clear_edge.html

Any questions? Ask away. I'll try to add more feedback as I continue to use Clear Edge.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Id hope it had an effect quigs since the dose is 3 caps.LOL Im glad its working for you.Ive taken on a second job which is 11pm-7am and Im probably going to try this as its tough to stay awake on my 1hr ride home after doing basically double shifts 5 days a week.

dingling

Awards
I, too, picked up the fiver. My pack gets in tomorrow and I'll give some feedback. Glad you've responded well to it thus far.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Id hope it had an effect quigs since the dose is 3 caps.LOL Im glad its working for you.Ive taken on a second job which is 11pm-7am and Im probably going to try this as its tough to stay awake on my 1hr ride home after doing basically double shifts 5 days a week.
3 caps is a bit too low IMO which is why I boosted the dose. I'm guessing that you're going to need to take at least 6 caps to really get the full effects of the product. If you look at the 3 cap amount of the various compounds they would be underdosed and I really doubt you'd feel much of anything.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know what youre saying as Im a mega doser to get any effect from most supps.This is still fine if it keeps me awake on my drive home.Thanks for the reply.

3 caps is a bit too low IMO which is why I boosted the dose. I'm guessing that you're going to need to take at least 6 caps to really get the full effects of the product. If you look at the 3 cap amount of the various compounds they would be underdosed and I really doubt you'd feel much of anything.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am getting stimx, bo/clout. can i still fit clear edge in, keep in mind i do a lot of stims. want to use this as part of my cut post pct. please give me a protocal on dosing as i dont have exp. with nootropics and their effects. thanks

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
i am getting stimx, bo/clout. can i still fit clear edge in, keep in mind i do a lot of stims. want to use this as part of my cut post post cycle therapy. please give me a protocal on dosing as i dont have exp. with nootropics and their effects. thanks
I wouldn't really classify this supplement as a stimulant...it is however a pretty nice addition to stimulant based products. I typically use nootropics along with a stim (caffiene at least) in order to enhance effects.

When I've used nootropics in the past, it was typically while studying for exams or working late on projects. They could also be useful to use during stressful times at work or pre-workout. They tend to give me just a little bit more brain power when I need it.

I would throw the clear edge in @ 6 caps either pre-workout/studying/working.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
decided to go with venom instead of stimx. could i take them together? thanks quigs, ive used stims 'alot' but first time with nootropic. btw should i still take 6 if i take with venom?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
T,
Have you used Venom before???
If not - I would take it by itself (one cap) for the first few times to assess how you respond. It can have a very long effective life (as in - trouble getting to bed 16+ hours later).
Combining with Clear Edge could make that worse.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
T,
Have you used Venom before???
If not - I would take it by itself (one cap) for the first few times to assess how you respond. It can have a very long effective life (as in - trouble getting to bed 16+ hours later).
Combining with Clear Edge could make that worse.
Agreed. I don't see a problem adding the two, but venom/stim-x are pretty strong and I think you should probably assess tolerance to this product before you add anything.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks jm i just use 1 venom. i am having a difficult time coming up with a dosing schedule. i am thinking take a venom before work and 6 clear edge at 2nd break. does that sound like a better plan. i get off work at 7am, and dont go to bed till 2pm. btw im weighing in at 240 after my last cycle.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Second day dose: 6 caps clear edge along with 1 cap of thermolife stizm.

I use stizm at 1 cap per day almost every day instead of drinking coffee. I find it to be cheaper, more effective, and just much less of a hastle. After taking 6 caps of clear edge along with it I honestly didnt' notice the same effects as with 8 caps. It was different than stizm alone...some mood elevation, increased mental "clarity", but certainly not as pronounced as the 1st day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks jm i just use 1 venom. i am having a difficult time coming up with a dosing schedule. i am thinking take a venom before work and 6 clear edge at 2nd break. does that sound like a better plan. i get off work at 7am, and dont go to bed till 2pm. btw im weighing in at 240 after my last cycle.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
If you feel like you need it, sure add in the clear edge @ 6 caps.

On a side note: The capsules are clear. I suggest to dsade that when he does reformulate this product for RPN that he use an opaque capsule (white or colored) rather than clear. The reason that I am saying this is that the powder within the caps does not appear to be homogenized. There are brown/black clumps in the caps which look kinda gross. I could easily see this raising some questions with some customers wondering if their product "went bad" and what the "brown stuff" is.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
T,
I think that would sound reasonable to me. You'd be taking the CE at, what, midnight (assuming 7pm to 7am shift)?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thats summertime hours, right now on straight 8's. 11 to 7. take venom around 10 before work ,and ce at 3. im going to try 6, see how i like it. thanks for the info guys i think i am gonna like this.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let us know how this works out for you Bigt.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I've gone up to 9 caps, and love its effects also. Really clear headed, jittery-free energy for basically the rest of the day.The only cautionary note I can add is I've had a couple of sun spot type effects in my vision after taking it, sort of like the start of a migraine, but it has always gone away with no headache. I'm wondering if the increased blood flow to the brain could be what is causing this and if I should stick with a lower dose just to be safe.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you taking all 9 caps spread thru out the day or all at once? Just trying to figure out a dosing protocol.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
All at once just to try, i've taken it at lower doses, and it seems to work well also. I usually have a high tolerance to stim type products, although this isn't exactly one, so I went high to see. Like I said no real problems, just the vision thing for maybe 2-3 minutes a couple of times during the day.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seeing as how you stated it lasted the rest of the day, what time of the day did you take them? A one a day dosing for a all day effect would definitely be a plus.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I took it probably around 11:00 am, I work 2nd shift and sleep late. I also took 2 gms alcar and 300 mgs sib., but I'm used to the effects of those. I really like clear edge and may buy at least 5 more.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to daniel35 again.

thanks for the feedback. just what I was looking for.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you feel like you need it, sure add in the clear edge @ 6 caps.

On a side note: The capsules are clear. I suggest to dsade that when he does reformulate this product for RPN that he use an opaque capsule (white or colored) rather than clear. The reason that I am saying this is that the powder within the caps does not appear to be homogenized. There are brown/black clumps in the caps which look kinda gross. I could easily see this raising some questions with some customers wondering if their product "went bad" and what the "brown stuff" is.
Yeah, we are going to use colored caps. The product is fine, just a mix of brownish herbals and sticky white powders.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
I bought a couple of bottles to try, I have a very stressful job in insurance dealing with demanding agents all day and analyzing lots of date, so my hopes were high (I'm very aware of what work stress does to me). I dosed at 3 caps and didnt really feel anything. I then tried 6 and noticed some focus, but not much really. I just popped 8 on an empty stomach. I'm going to try it with some liquid ephedra tonight if I don't feel much on 8 today. I usually respond pretty well to stims, not so much straigt nootropics though. I'm 220lbs and 26 y.o., so we'll see. I'll give an update after today.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Dsade: Any comment on the recommended dose being too little? Just curious as to your thoughts on this as People are taking up to 3x the recommended dose.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do pretty good on a 4 capsule dosage, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

The original market required a smaller dosage, so I do believe it is underdosed. 4-6 caps per day does great for me.

z28man

Awards
  • Established
Well I found the powerband of this supp for me. I took either 5 or 6 caps with almost a full dose of spirosome pre-workout. I had the usual kick to the pants that spirosome gives, but I wasnt as anxious and I was alert and focused for much longer than the spirosome allows (about 3-4 hours). I think for me I need some good stims to complete the package, provides the spark to the fuel. I did notice some better clarity and somewhat improved ability to express ideas and thoughts when I took 8 caps at work without stims. 5-6 caps with stims is the way I think I'll run the rest. So far, I likey.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I found the powerband of this supp for me. I took either 5 or 6 caps with almost a full dose of spirosome pre-workout. I had the usual kick to the pants that spirosome gives, but I wasnt as anxious and I was alert and focused for much longer than the spirosome allows (about 3-4 hours). I think for me I need some good stims to complete the package, provides the spark to the fuel. I did notice some better clarity and somewhat improved ability to express ideas and thoughts when I took 8 caps at work without stims. 5-6 caps with stims is the way I think I'll run the rest. So far, I likey.
I think you are exactly right. While personally I am taking 4 caps in the morning empty stomach with coffee, the product was originally designed to take 6 caps.

The diversity of the target market (males and females of various weights) indicated it would be best to recommend 3 caps, though.

Thanks for the great feedback, everyone.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Well its been a few more days using the product at various dosages.

4 caps - nothing
6 caps - slight effects on mood and concentration
8 caps - significant effects on concentration, good mood elevation

For me, the optimal dose appears to be 8 caps/serving. When 8 caps are mixed with a bit of caffiene, I found it to be much more effective than both Focus XT and neurostim + C (nootropics with caffiene) .

I will be trying it with some aniracetam/choline and again with deprenyl in the next few days. Stay tuned.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be careful mixing with Aniracetam...lower the dose of both.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Be careful mixing with Aniracetam...lower the dose of both.
I typically use around 500mg - 1g of aniracetam/dose. I planned to go ~1g along with 6 caps clear edge. Just curious, what is your reasoning behind the warning?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Much the same as when you stack Piracetam with aniracetam, there seems to be a potentiation of effect, stacking Aniracetam with the Pyroglutamate in Clear Edge MIGHT cause similar issues.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Much the same as when you stack Piracetam with aniracetam, there seems to be a potentiation of effect, stacking Aniracetam with the Pyroglutamate in Clear Edge MIGHT cause similar issues.
Gotcha. I've never used a supplement with pyroglutamate in the past and am not really familiar with the compound. By any chance, do you have more info on it (maybe a link or something).

Anyways, I went ahead and gave the Clear Edge/Aniracetam a shot. I was very pleased. 6 caps clear edge + ~1g aniracetam produced potent effects for approximately 5-6 hours.

So far, my favorite clear edge combinations have been:

1 cap stizm + 8 caps Clear Edge
1g aniracetam + 6 caps clear edge

I will be purchasing more CE.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you, sir.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No prob dsade and quigs could you elaborate a little on the effects you felt with the CE/Anira combo?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
No prob dsade and quigs could you elaborate a little on the effects you felt with the CE/Anira combo?
Surely. I've only tried the combo once so far, but I plan to try again in the future. The reason that I liked it so much was not so much in that it really made me feel better than CE alone, but I noticed a significant increase in motivation while studying. I had been in class/clinic begining at 8am-5pm that day, and was pretty beat by the time I got home. I considered taking a nap, but decided against it because I had so much studying to do that night for an exam the following morning. I didnt' want to take in too much more caffiene that evening because I wanted to make sure I could get a good night sleep. Anyway, I took the CE/Anir for a little brain boost (along with a can of diet dr pepper for a tad bit of caffiene).

Typically when I study, the brain tends to wander and I find myself losing focus after about 30 mins or so (and usually end up on this site...haha, like I am now actually). After taking the CE combo, I found myself able to study consistently for about 5 hours with taking only minimal breaks. When it was time to get to bed, I was asleep as soon as the head hit the pillow...which is a HUGE benefit for me over stimulant based study aids. Hope this helps, and thanks again for the links.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anytime quigs and thanks for the review. I'm looking into trying a new neuro stack with the semester and I'm just trying to decide which route to take. So far CE is looking good.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Anytime quigs and thanks for the review. I'm looking into trying a new neuro stack with the semester and I'm just trying to decide which route to take. So far CE is looking good.
I think that CE would be a wise choice. As I've said before, I've tried most of the more popular nootropic formulas and haven't found one as effective as this. Not only that, its dirt cheap.

For those of you who use anabolic pump, I suggest that you try CE on an empty stomach with a cap of the AP. The effects seem to be amplified to a higher degree when you combine the two. Give it a shot...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think that CE would be a wise choice. As I've said before, I've tried most of the more popular nootropic formulas and haven't found one as effective as this. Not only that, its dirt cheap.

For those of you who use anabolic pump, I suggest that you try CE on an empty stomach with a cap of the AP. The effects seem to be amplified to a higher degree when you combine the two. Give it a shot...
Interesting observation, q....thanks.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
4 ce, 1ap, 1venom, 1super cissus before first meal is doing me fine. 1 take the venom 2times a day and the ce 2 times a day. the rest 4 times a day. this is 2nd day and i really like it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting..... I already have the ap. Looks like I got a new item to add to my next order. Thanks for the idea quigs.

Bigt, keep us in the know as to how it's treating you. Your the first I've seen(that I can remember) that's doing 4 caps 2xdaily.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
venom and ce 2xday. you know i will be chatting on here a lot,lol. i got pght on the way to help with sleep, poison really sold me on it. prid, you tried pght?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope not yet but I've heard good things about it. It's something I'll definetly try down the road, just don't feel like as of now it's something I truly could benefit from and besides I'm waiting to try out all these new goodies like ce that these board sponsers keep coming out with.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you are right about that. just got tax refund back, the wife has already warned me. all these sups ive been buying has cost me a diamond,lol.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Interesting..... I already have the ap. Looks like I got a new item to add to my next order. Thanks for the idea quigs.

Bigt, keep us in the know as to how it's treating you. Your the first I've seen(that I can remember) that's doing 4 caps 2xdaily.
AP really seems to potentiate a lot of the supps that I routinely use. When combined with Amp, stizm, etc, the effects are much better than those products on their own. Its similar to the synergy that people experience when combining these products with K-R-ALA.

The weird thing is that I would consider myself to be an AP non-responder. I've had minimal changes in body comp, no pumps, etc while taking it. I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

I've also tried powerfull in the past with absolutely no results. I was pretty pissed when I had purchased a few bottles of the stuff at once and realized that it wasn't doing jack for me even at 10 caps/day. I used a couple bottles and had one left over. After being on AP for around 2 weeks I figured that I might as well use up the left over powerfull that I had. I dosed 4 caps on an empty stomach along with the AP. Stuff hit me all at once. Huge increases in stamina in the gym, increased focus, etc. I've been using the PF with the AP ever since and am finally getting the results that I've heard about. Increased muscular endurance, increased libido, quality sleep, etc. The AP made the PF work. Cool stuff.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

BTW, if you are placing an order at NP in the near future, I suggest that you pick up a bottle of NOW Rhodiola and NOW L-theanine to go with the CE. Both are very cheap (under $10) and really go well with CE, or any nootropic really.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, might look into those two to. How are you dosing them with the ce, and what are the appropriate times of the day to take them. For example, I see where you stated that in the evening for studying you like the ce/thea combo for some relaxed concentration, and then night, night. What if you wanted some added focus thru out the day, as well as some quality study time in the evenings?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Alright, might look into those two to. How are you dosing them with the ce, and what are the appropriate times of the day to take them. For example, I see where you stated that in the evening for studying you like the ce/thea combo for some relaxed concentration, and then night, night. What if you wanted some added focus thru out the day, as well as some quality study time in the evenings?
I still haven't really fine-tuned my dosing yet, but so far I've tried:

6 caps CE + 3 caps of the rhodiola (NOW brand 500mg/cap) + 2-3 caps of l-theanine (NOW brand 100mg/cap).

8 caps CE + 3 caps rhodiloa

8caps CE + 2 caps theanine

I found the first combo to be the best for studying. You can even go 8caps CE, but you might not need that much. If you want a bit more energy, throw in some caffiene or something. Personally, I really like stizm and have found that 1 cap along with CE is a sufficient dose.

I tried smaller doses of the CE and didn't get much out of it...even when I did 2 doses spread throughout the day. I think that for myself, its necessary to take all the caps at once.

As far as when to take it, I'd say 30mins prior to when you plan to study/train/work/etc would be perfect.