Transdermal Gaba?

  1. Advanced Member
    djl's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%

    Transdermal Gaba?


    Does anyone know of NP's GABA can be used transdermally?

    For instance, would it be effective when used with Universal Kit's transdermal carrier?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Senior Member
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    10633
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    96.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by djl
    Does anyone know of NP's GABA can be used transdermally?

    For instance, would it be effective when used with Universal Kit's transdermal carrier?

    Thanks in advance!
    Not any more effective than it is orally. The problem with GABA as a supplement is not the oral bioavaiability but the fact that GABA does not readily cross the BBB. Unfortuanately, transdermal application is not a way to bypass this problem.
  3. Advanced Member
    djl's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by quigs
    Not any more effective than it is orally.
    ...
    Really? I'd read in some other posts (so many others I've gone through here and elsewhere that I don't remember where at the moment) that oral availability is a fairly reduced percentage of the amount ingested.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    NP sells a dermal carrier also. But, since you mentioned UK, you might check out his pGHT. Its a transdermal, with gaba and some other stuff.
    Last edited by RedwolfWV; 01-07-2007 at 02:51 PM.
  5. Senior Member
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    10633
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    96.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by djl
    Really? I'd read in some other posts (so many others I've gone through here and elsewhere that I don't remember where at the moment) that oral availability is a fairly reduced percentage of the amount ingested.
    This is true, but GABA is so cheap that taking 3-5g isn't really an issue economically.
  6. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37733
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    PGHt = kick ass
  7. New Member
    Synicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    65.93%

    You might want to look at Picamilone, niacin bound to gaba which overrides the blood brain barrier. I ordered some but 4-6 weeks to get it.
    Last edited by yeahright; 01-08-2007 at 02:05 AM.
  8. Senior Member
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    10633
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    96.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Synicus
    You might want to look at Picamilone, niacin bound to gaba which overrides the blood brain barrier. I ordered some but 4-6 weeks to get it.
    I've been interested in this product as well. Have you tried it yet?
    Last edited by yeahright; 01-08-2007 at 02:05 AM.
  9. Advanced Member
    djl's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    NP sells a dermal carrier also. But, since you mentioned UK, you might check out his pGHT. Its a transdermal, with gaba and some other stuff.
    I'm pretty new to a lot of this... what's NP's dermal carrier called? Maybe I saw it but didn't realize it for what it was.
  10. Advanced Member
    djl's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by Synicus
    You might want to look at Picamilone, niacin bound to gaba which overrides the blood brain barrier. I ordered some but 4-6 weeks to get it.
    That sounds pretty interesting! You have any feedback on it?
    Last edited by yeahright; 01-08-2007 at 02:05 AM.
  11. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by djl
    I'm pretty new to a lot of this... what's NP's dermal carrier called? Maybe I saw it but didn't realize it for what it was.
    Its called Penetrate, and you can find it here: NutraPlanet.com: Products in Carriers
  12. New Member
    Synicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    65.93%

    I've been interested in this product as well. Have you tried it yet?
    I ordered 25g from link above, their shipping sucks, think it comes from UK/Europe, don't know if its a scheduled substance in USA, should get it in 4wks or so. I'll post a review in Supplement section after I run it for a while, prob @ 100mg x 3 ed.

    It looks interesting as a replacement for SSRI, ie mood "leveler/stabilizer" perhaps somewhat similar tho prob not as strong as Phenibut.
  13. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,713
    Rep Power
    513545
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    BAC used to carry Pic, not sure if they still do.
  14. New Member
    Synicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    166
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    65.93%

    BAC used to carry Pic, not sure if they still do.
    They do not. I talked to Beyond Century who also used to carry it but don't, some FDA regulation, seems trifling its only gaba + niacin. Prob same situation for BAC.

    In any case I got the PIC in 5 days must be local usa ship. I just started some deprenyl/seg today, I'm lowering it to 1mg day, kinda agitated me a little, run that for few days to assess tolerance, then I'll throw in recommended dose of PIC @ 300mg day, see how it goes, I'll post results.
  15. Advanced Member
    djl's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  263 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    421
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by Synicus
    They do not. I talked to Beyond Century who also used to carry it but don't, some FDA regulation, seems trifling its only gaba + niacin. Prob same situation for BAC.

    In any case I got the PIC in 5 days must be local usa ship. I just started some deprenyl/seg today, I'm lowering it to 1mg day, kinda agitated me a little, run that for few days to assess tolerance, then I'll throw in recommended dose of PIC @ 300mg day, see how it goes, I'll post results.

    Why would someone throw niacin in with gaba--what additive effect does it give? Or do they add it so the niacin flush hides perhaps a low quality gaba, and makes the user feel like it's doing something?
  16. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by djl
    Why would someone throw niacin in with gaba--what additive effect does it give? Or do they add it so the niacin flush hides perhaps a low quality gaba, and makes the user feel like it's doing something?
    I think you've misunderstood the above posts.

    They mentioned Picamilone being GABA bound to Niacin, which would behave chemically differently from GABA mixed with Niacin. Then they go on to mention that some people were selling a mixture of GABA and Niacin as Picamilone, probably because getting the two acids to bond to one another is not the easiest thing in the world (giving a low %yield). Nevertheless, a mixture of GABA and Niacin is worthless so you are right in your thinking but a little confused in your reading.
  17. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11892
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    27.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    whoever starred me, thanks!
  18. Advanced Member
    meowmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    388
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    77.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner
    whoever starred me, thanks!
    You're welcome.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. recipe for transdermal fina?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 10:35 PM
  2. transdermals, sex and bed - question?
    By xcreed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 11:12 PM
  3. Fina and 4AD/Test transdermal
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 09:16 PM
  4. Test ENTH as a transdermal
    By Judo Tom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 01:47 PM
  5. Grief from girlfriend/wife for wanting a transdermal??
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 12:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in