Transdermal Gaba?

djl

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of NP's GABA can be used transdermally?

For instance, would it be effective when used with Universal Kit's transdermal carrier?

Thanks in advance!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know of NP's GABA can be used transdermally?

For instance, would it be effective when used with Universal Kit's transdermal carrier?

Thanks in advance!
Not any more effective than it is orally. The problem with GABA as a supplement is not the oral bioavaiability but the fact that GABA does not readily cross the BBB. Unfortuanately, transdermal application is not a way to bypass this problem.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Not any more effective than it is orally.
Really? I'd read in some other posts (so many others I've gone through here and elsewhere that I don't remember where at the moment) that oral availability is a fairly reduced percentage of the amount ingested.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
NP sells a dermal carrier also. But, since you mentioned UK, you might check out his pGHT. Its a transdermal, with gaba and some other stuff.

Last edited:
quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Really? I'd read in some other posts (so many others I've gone through here and elsewhere that I don't remember where at the moment) that oral availability is a fairly reduced percentage of the amount ingested.
This is true, but GABA is so cheap that taking 3-5g isn't really an issue economically.

Synicus

Awards
You might want to look at Picamilone, niacin bound to gaba which overrides the blood brain barrier. I ordered some but 4-6 weeks to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
You might want to look at Picamilone, niacin bound to gaba which overrides the blood brain barrier. I ordered some but 4-6 weeks to get it.
I've been interested in this product as well. Have you tried it yet?

djl

Awards
  • Established
NP sells a dermal carrier also. But, since you mentioned UK, you might check out his pGHT. Its a transdermal, with gaba and some other stuff.
I'm pretty new to a lot of this... what's NP's dermal carrier called? Maybe I saw it but didn't realize it for what it was.

djl

Awards
  • Established
That sounds pretty interesting! You have any feedback on it?

Synicus

Awards
I've been interested in this product as well. Have you tried it yet?
I ordered 25g from link above, their shipping sucks, think it comes from UK/Europe, don't know if its a scheduled substance in USA, should get it in 4wks or so. I'll post a review in Supplement section after I run it for a while, prob @ 100mg x 3 ed.

It looks interesting as a replacement for SSRI, ie mood "leveler/stabilizer" perhaps somewhat similar tho prob not as strong as Phenibut.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
BAC used to carry Pic, not sure if they still do.

Synicus

Awards
BAC used to carry Pic, not sure if they still do.
They do not. I talked to Beyond Century who also used to carry it but don't, some FDA regulation, seems trifling its only gaba + niacin. Prob same situation for BAC.

In any case I got the PIC in 5 days must be local usa ship. I just started some deprenyl/seg today, I'm lowering it to 1mg day, kinda agitated me a little, run that for few days to assess tolerance, then I'll throw in recommended dose of PIC @ 300mg day, see how it goes, I'll post results.

djl

Awards
  • Established
They do not. I talked to Beyond Century who also used to carry it but don't, some FDA regulation, seems trifling its only gaba + niacin. Prob same situation for BAC.

In any case I got the PIC in 5 days must be local usa ship. I just started some deprenyl/seg today, I'm lowering it to 1mg day, kinda agitated me a little, run that for few days to assess tolerance, then I'll throw in recommended dose of PIC @ 300mg day, see how it goes, I'll post results.

Why would someone throw niacin in with gaba--what additive effect does it give? Or do they add it so the niacin flush hides perhaps a low quality gaba, and makes the user feel like it's doing something?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would someone throw niacin in with gaba--what additive effect does it give? Or do they add it so the niacin flush hides perhaps a low quality gaba, and makes the user feel like it's doing something?
I think you've misunderstood the above posts.

They mentioned Picamilone being GABA bound to Niacin, which would behave chemically differently from GABA mixed with Niacin. Then they go on to mention that some people were selling a mixture of GABA and Niacin as Picamilone, probably because getting the two acids to bond to one another is not the easiest thing in the world (giving a low %yield). Nevertheless, a mixture of GABA and Niacin is worthless so you are right in your thinking but a little confused in your reading.