For those who cap there own supps.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
which capper? I would like to purchase through NP.

I have cissus, powerfull and yellow gold.

Which capper should i get 00 or 0?

VtecTypeR

Awards
Get 00. Its the perfect size. 0 is way too small and wont be able to fit much in their.

propho

Awards
  • Established
yup 00's here too.. perfect size.. you fit on average like 400-500mg per cap..

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
all reps for you guys.

on my next NP order, Im gettn the 00 capper.

Thanks again!

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
all reps for you guys.

on my next NP order, Im gettn the 00 capper.

Thanks again!
Make sure to get a scale too, as the different powders have different densities. 400mg of 1 could be 800mg of another! I also use 00

Jason

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Make sure it comes with a tamper as well. To get all that powder in the caps.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
I thought a solid 6-inches was the perfect size for guys. what is this 00-inch business

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
got the scale.....

so as far as weighing the powders out. what do you do, just decide how much you want per pill and multiply it by number of desired pills and then weigh total amount. Then fill them all? But how do you know each pill gets the desired mg? 1 pill at a time? oh god, no.

i have never capped my own before.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
got the scale.....

so as far as weighing the powders out. what do you do, just decide how much you want per pill and multiply it by number of desired pills and then weigh total amount. Then fill them all? But how do you know each pill gets the desired mg? 1 pill at a time? oh god, no.

i have never capped my own before.
Depends on what you want. If you just want the max the cap can hold then just tamp and refill until you cant anymore and they should pretty much all comes out close to the same. If you only want a certain amount of powder per cap lets say 250mg then you would do X50 (if using a cap em quick that holds 50 caps) then you got that powder down. Now you need a filler for the rest. For example I cap 250of Raspberry Ketones and 250mg of GT together and a 00cap usualy holds 500mg of the fluffier herbal stuff. So you do get something like a protein powder scoop and put it on the scale. Find out the weight of the container then for my mix for the RK's I add 250mgx50=12.5 and the scoop I use it 12.5grams so I keep adding the RK's into the scoop on the scale until I hit 25g. I do the same for the GT and then add them both to a shaker and shake them for a min. Then cap. It then fits perfectly into 50caps. I used those just to give you an example. You have to learn by trial and error how much of a powder can fit into a cap. And if you do just want cap completly full with single you don't have to measure each cap. Just do every few of them to get an idea.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
thank you........

50/50 cissus/powerfull cap sound good?

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
thank you........

50/50 cissus/powerfull cap sound good?
That would be an awesome stack. Or you could just do 100% cissus in one and 100% in another. That way if you only want one or the other you can have them separately. I remember when I did bulk cissus I could fit quite a bit in a 00 cap around 750mg worth.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
All those points are good, but also realize that each compound has its own molecular weight, and may be quite fluffy, or concentrated than others so please be accurate with your calculations. I love my capper the best purchase from NP yet!!! I am not the mad rapper but the mad capper!!!
Do you realize how much money you save with capping???

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
All those points are good, but also realize that each compound has its own molecular weight, and may be quite fluffy, or concentrated than others so please be accurate with your calculations. I love my capper the best purchase from NP yet!!! I am not the mad rapper but the mad capper!!!
Do you realize how much money you save with capping???
Yep, thats why I said "You have to learn by trial and error how much of a powder can fit into a cap". Something like Phenibut is super easy to cap. Its so dense that you dont even need to tamp it. Then you got something like Raspberry Ketones that is like cotton candy (i put it in a grinder to help with that). You get to know what fits with what after a while. You do have to be a little more careful with supps you can "od" on like stimulants. I save tons capping.

Last edited:
Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, i am going to be capping alot in my future.

because i am poor. lol

I cant afford all the supps i want, so i will have to be thrifty about it, and this is another way to save money.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
I find capping "relaxing" if you will. It is productive, but the stuff that I cap doesnt really require any brain power as far as mixing and stuff goes. I do it sometimes to help me fall asleep.

Jason

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
capping yellow gold is a real mess, everything gets turned yellow so do it in clothes that don't really matter, but its well worth it once it's done

i've capped a 50/50 combo of muria and bulk powerfull which was awesome, capped cissus which gets a little sticky and i mixed the horney mack jack stack together and capped that as well

good luck

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
capping yellow gold is a real mess
good luck
OH that reminds me. Put a sheet of clean paper under your capping kit. So if any powders fall out you can recover it all. When Im down I even take the capping kit apart gently and turn the parts with powder stuck on it upside down and tap it on the sheet of paper thats on the table. Then I fold them sheet down the middle and you can put all that powder back with the rest.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OH that reminds me. Put a sheet of clean paper under your capping kit. So if any powders fall out you can recover it all. When Im down I even take the capping kit apart gently and turn the parts with powder stuck on it upside down and tap it on the sheet of paper thats on the table. Then I fold them sheet down the middle and you can put all that powder back with the rest.
Hey! me too!

00 caps are the best unless you are a cap sissy and cant swallow big pills...No sense in capping more than you have to. Fit the most amount of powder into a cap is my opinion.

Cissus you can get like Rivet said, around 750mg per 00 cap. I was taking 6 caps ed...

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
all this talk made me invest in my own capper kit and bulk cissus.. hope i dont screw this up

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I find it best to put down a sheet or two of newspaper and then use one of my wife's clear plastic cutting sheets to work over. This way things stay clean and I can gather it up easily without any newspaper ink or dirt or whatever getting in there. I find it really helps to keep two items in my packing bag: a pair of tweezers so I can easily pick up a top cap if it slips out, and do so without knocking over the little mounds toppiong off the other caps. I also find a small little paintbrush comes in handy to dust off any product from the caps after I scrunch them on and before I pop them out into a dish or container, thereby avoiding getting the sometimes nasty taste from powder sticking to them. The brush also helps to clean out the indents on the base so i can easily move on to the next product as well as brushing any extra onto an old credit card so I can put it back in its container.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
I have been looking at the capping systems for awhile now and was wondering about the scale. I know NP has the pocket scales, but is the the 0.1 accuracy good enough for most capping jobs or is the 0.01 scale needed?
Thanks in advance.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
.1 is what i use.If and when you have something that needs a small mg dose just use something to cut it with to make the overall dose easier to weighout.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use the .1 scale and have found that having something cheap like taurine on hand works well as a filler. Most of the stuff that I have works quite nicely with the 00 caps though, so I don't have to make too many "home brew mixes"...although for some reason I feel like I have really accomplished something when I calculate mixes and they fit perfectly...I'm a dork!

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info on the scale guys. It helped a lot.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
youre :welcome:

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
after old man scrooge leaves and baby new year is born, I am buying my kit and accessories....

I hope i dont screw it up:)

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
Forget cappin it, just mix it up an drink it...mmmmmm tastey

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
have you actually tried the bulk products?
yeah they don't taste bad at all when you mix it with crystal light. Just a slight change in flavor an thats with 5g of BCAA's the Mass Pump Stack (9g) and 2g of Taurine