dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Coming in a few days.

100 caps, 500mg each...how does $17 sound?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
awesome..use to have to buy this from a vet store glad people finally realized its legal

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome..use to have to buy this from a vet store glad people finally realized its legal
Not only that, the vet grade is NOT quality.

We made sure we went with the cleanest factory with THE best rep.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea if people only knew the benefits of using this,i read a article a long time ago about how good of a anti-depreesant l-tryptophan is,that when it wa yanked from the shelves in the eights because of a contaiminated batch from japan i believe it made way for prozac and other drugs. i will def be buying this

500 mg per 50lbs of bodyweigth is what i used to take

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wojo or anyone else with experience. Whats the Readers Digest version of positives for this?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
yea if people only knew the benefits of using this,i read a article a long time ago about how good of a anti-depreesant l-tryptophan is,that when it wa yanked from the shelves in the eights because of a contaiminated batch from japan i believe it made way for prozac and other drugs. i will def be buying this

500 mg per 50lbs of bodyweigth is what i used to take

For those who have tried both, how does regular L-tryptophan compare to 5htp in effectiveness?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
basically melatonin was a replacement for this both work great at knocking you out in my experience i used it sporatically a few years ago to help me sleep and deal with depression from a violent car accident.my doctor actually ok'd me using it and it did help, heres the wiki write up
Tryptophan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin would not be a replacement for Tryp. Melatonin is a potent hormone.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
saw a no name site selling 500mg caps at 21 bux for 120.. so i;d say your price cant be beat

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Should be in in a few days.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
Melatonin would not be a replacement for Tryp. Melatonin is a potent hormone.

could have sworn hen melatonin was released it was touted as being a a replacement for tryptophan for sleep.i could def be wrong

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
different mechanism.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
yea that i know im talking marketing here as opposed to science

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotcha.

Melatonin is fine once in a while, but it lowers Test, and loses efficacy if you take it every night.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the links.

From Wilkepede "Other promising indications included relief of chronic pain and reduction of impulsive, violent, manic, addictive, obsessive, or compulsive behaviours and disorders"

This could potentialy change my life and I dont know if Im ready for that yet.:toofunny:

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
So...is this stuff only to be taken at night then?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would take it at night, yes.

I have read about some taking it in the daytime for mood stabilization, but for sleep (obviously) at night.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow, a blast from the past. L-tryp was one of the very first supplements I ever used..and then the whole hoopla over it hit so I stopped.

I'll pick some up to have handy to ward off potential post partum depression in my wife.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh wow, a blast from the past. L-tryp was one of the very first supplements I ever used..and then the whole hoopla over it hit so I stopped.

I'll pick some up to have handy to ward off potential post partum depression in my wife.
When is she due?

Congrats, bioman.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks D, Jan 10th.

I'm painting and flooring the nursery this week.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i'm hanging out for some tryptophan, it got phased out in my country years ago and i thought is was gone for good, love the nutra planet!!!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Seen the movie, but don't remember the quote...thought it was hilarious though :lol:

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
they did a study and 99 percent of the time .. it works ALL the time

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
the panther cologne that smells like gasoline

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
the panther cologne that smells like gasoline
It's quite pungent.
Oh yeah.
It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Yep.
Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
That doesn't make sense.
Well... Let's go see is we can make this little kitty purr.

Few, but a select group of insiders, know that the original star cast in the role of Ron Burgendy was ...............Gary Coleman.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"And Brick killed a guy with a trident."

I think it's the best movie ever made.

fitnecise

Awards
Few, but a select group of insiders, know that the original star cast in the role of Ron Burgendy was ...............Gary Coleman.
Didn't Will Ferrell write it?

"I'm going to walk this situation off"

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
"And Brick killed a guy with a trident."

I think it's the best movie ever made.

the guy who played brick..i cant remember his name..is awesome loved the 40 yr old virgin.

"brick where did you get a hand grenade"
"i dont know"

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My God, what is that smell? Oh.
That's the smell of desire my lady.
God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food. Oh, excuse me.
You know, desire smells like that to some people
What is that? Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.
Smells like Bigfoot's ****.

Very nice dialog indeed, 2nd only to:

I think I was in love once.
Really? What was her name?
I don't remember.
That's not a good start, but keep going...
She was Brazilian, or Chinese, or something weird. I met her in the bathroom of a K-Mart and we made out for hours. Then we parted ways, never to see each other again.
I'm pretty sure that's not love.
Damn it.
I love... carpet.
I love... desk.
Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
I love lamp.
Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
I love lamp. I love lamp.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Steve Carrel was Brick. He is brilliant on the show The Office.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The L-Tryptophan and ALA should be done by Tuesday.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BUMP...available now

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BUMP for feedback

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks....I have horrible insomnia. I forgot to grab some before we shipped them to NP.

dingling

Awards
I've used up to 2 grams with little effect on my level of tiredness. I do feel a bit more rested in the morning, however. I think I could get by much easier with less sleep w/ the tryp. than without it. I'll keep using to see if this keeps up. I will go up to 3 grams tonight to check for any acute drowsiness.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used up to 2 grams with little effect on my level of tiredness. I do feel a bit more rested in the morning, however. I think I could get by much easier with less sleep w/ the tryp. than without it. I'll keep using to see if this keeps up. I will go up to 3 grams tonight to check for any acute drowsiness.
This is quite interesting indeed...please do share.

As a sufferer of insomnia (VERY hard time shutting my mind up to sleep, hard time waking up) this is kind of a area of concentration for me.

Your feedback will go towards producing a new supplement, BTW.

Vegking

Awards
Yeah I suffer from insomnia too. I don't have a lot of trouble falling a sleep, but I wake up a couple of hours later and have a very hard time falling back to sleep. When I do feel like dosing off again, it is time to get up. It sucks because I like to train in the morning because after work I have to much family stuff going on. So the insomnia hurts my training in more ways than one. I'm sure you can relate. Anyway, I have tried sleep teas, 5 HTP, melatonin, gaba, herbs, and other stuff with limited success. I do not like meds because I think they make the problem worse. I sure hope trytophan helps. Worth a try anyway.

dingling

Awards
This morning after having taken 3 grams last night, I was wide awake at 7:00 (similar to the other nights I've take tryp), without my alarm (set for 7:30). Upon waking I am very hungry as well. This is very welcomed as I usually have ZERO appetite in the morning. I am taking berberine, but that's early in the day so I don't think that's the culprit.

Breezed_one

Awards
Gotcha.

Melatonin is fine once in a while, but it lowers Test, and loses efficacy if you take it every night.
Really. I have been on it for 5 or so years; straight. Didnt know this. I have insomnia really bad. I am also on prescrip. amitriptyline (Elavil) 25-50mg per night. Would this product then be better a daily nighttime replacement?