Muira Puama - with food, or without?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Juice? Water? What? I'm assuming an empty stomach is necessary, but I'm not sure.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, how true is this:

To achieve the libido and potency effects of this particular plant, proper preparation methods must be employed. The active constituents thought to be responsible for muira puama's potency and libido effect are not soluble in water - taking bark or root powder in capsules or tablets will not be effective because these chemical cannot be digested or absorbed. High heat for at least 20 minutes with alcohol is necessary to free the volatile and essential oils, terpenes, gums, and resins found in the bark and root which have been linked to muira puama's beneficial effects.

Traditional Preparation: Since many of the most active principals are not water soluble it is best to prepared this plant as a tincture, using 2-4 ml of a 4:1 tincture twice daily. Boiling the tincture for 20 minutes will help facilitate extraction of the non-water-soluble chemicals. For its tonic effect, one of the traditional remedies is to gently simmer 1 teaspoon of root and/or bark in one cup of water for 15 minutes and take 1/2 to 1 cup daily.
Database entry for Muira puama - Ptychopetalum Muira puama - Ptychopetalum Muira puama - Ptychopetalum Marapuama - Ptychopetalum olacoides

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking it for months and hardly ever take it on an full stomach and libido,mood and general sense of wellbeing have all been positive.It also helps considerably with my lower back pain.Just started back in the gym so no feedback on gains.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump for this, that is a great find, I wonder if this really would help out, and if so, what the hell is a tincture and how do you make that? USP you should chime in here man, if you can take time away from being brutally bashed over at bb.com! idiots!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the Muira Puama actives are extracted via alcohol extraction, then spray dried (usually).

The active components are intact.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So then the are good to go as is with or without food? Which method would be more effective?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the Muira Puama actives are extracted via alcohol extraction, then spray dried (usually).

The active components are intact.
so the powder you sell IS the extracted active?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is the extracted, alcohol soluble (I believe) compounds, which are then spray dried onto a dry medium.

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Juice? Water? What? I'm assuming an empty stomach is necessary, but I'm not sure.
Every time I consume my MP I've been using about 12 ounces of cranberry juice or orange juice. Once in a while I also throw it in my energy drink as well before I work out. I almost never have an empty stomach (lol) so most of the time I guess you can say I take it with food. Nevertheless, the results I have seen with Nutraplanets Muira Puama have been amazing. Don't know if this really answers your question, but this is just my use of it.