New Muscle Milk Collegiate

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Any feedback on the taste compared to the original formula, especially chocolate milk & banana cream ?

TarHeelTrainer

Awards
I've tried the Collegiate Cookies and Cream flavor...tasted just like original C&C Muscle Milk just a little thicker. I prefer the Muscle Milk Collegiate line to Cytogainer. Haven't had a chance to taste the other Collegiate flavors but I will assume they taste the same (or very similar) as their original counterparts.

NP, any word on when the Muscle Milk Pudding will be available? No rush, just curious.

propho

Awards
  • Established
what's supposed to be different with this collegiate?

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
what's supposed to be different with this collegiate?
It has no banned substances and it has a bunch of complex carbs. The original Muscle Milk was causing people to fail drug tests for some reason and it was also not compliant with the NCAA rules on carb to protein ratios.

propho

Awards
  • Established
banned substances? damn i didn't kno it had all that kinda stuff in it..

propho

Awards
  • Established
well i guess another reason i ask is because it's a lot cheaper than the original formula..

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what was the ingredient that was causing people to fail tests? I was also wondering the difference between this and the orig.

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
No one could figure out what was causing it, there was just a fairly strong correlation between positive tests and muscle milk use.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Its the same amount of servings as the 2lb container though??

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
Its the same amount of servings as the 2lb container though??
One serving for the originial is 2 scoops (75g) but 1 serving for the collegiate is 4 scoops (150g). The collegiate looks more like a weightgainer to me. :think:

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
The pictures of cheerleaders on the container.
There will be random naked pics inside the tub? The complete collection consists of 990 and 10 autographed pics. The first guy who collect all of them can meet them in person..... :chick: :woohoo:

TarHeelTrainer

Awards
Muscle Milk Collegiate:
580 Calories
7g Fat
89g Carbs (4g fiber, 5g sugar)
40g Protein

Ultraman is right, it's basically a casein-based weightgainer. I have never heard of anyone failing a drug test (passed two myself while taking it...only test I passed in college) but it did violate NCAA supplement bylaws so technically it is a "banned substance."

Here is the rule:
http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/ed_outreach/health-safety/drug_ed_progs/16_5_2_g_News.pdf

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Milk Collegiate:
580 Calories
7g Fat
40g Protein

Ultraman is right, it's basically a casein-based weightgainer. I have never heard of anyone failing a drug test (passed two myself while taking it...only test I passed in college) but it did violate NCAA supplement bylaws so technically it is a "banned substance."

Here is the rule:
http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/ed_outreach/health-safety/drug_ed_progs/16_5_2_g_News.pdf
How odd. Protein powders and green tea are impermissible products. Who would have thought? Given that, it would seem that Muscle Mil Collegiate would ALSO violate NCAA rules.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Muscle Milk Collegiate:
580 Calories
7g Fat
40g Protein

Here is the rule:
This is the most retardedly ignorant thing I have read in quite a long time.

Way to go, NCAA.

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
How odd. Protein powders and green tea are impermissible products. Who would have thought? Given that, it would seem that Muscle Mil Collegiate would ALSO violate NCAA rules.
No, it's legal because less than 30% of calories come from protein. I could be wrong, but I think this document was only talking about supplements being provided for students. Protein powders and green tearen't banned substances, they just can't be provided by the institution.

TarHeelTrainer

Awards
To my knowledge, the only rule original Muscle Milk violated was the 30% rule. Coaches and S&C coaches all over the country wanted to recommend and/or provide Muscle Milk but couldn't because of the NCAA ruling. Cytosport hired the gentleman who was responsible for MetRx Collegiate Series to oversee the production of Muscle Milk Collegiate because athletes kept complaining about having to drink Boost and Ensure all the time.
I spoke with Cytosport over this past summer on this issue and they assured me that the only problem they had with Muscle Milk was that coaches could not distribute, pay for, or recommend it to their athletes. Thus, the MM Collegiate line was produced.
As for the protein powders, green tea, etc. those are not banned substances FOR the athletes (highly discouraged but not banned). They are, however, banned in that the coaching staff cannot provide or recommend them to their players.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
It is still a mystery to me why they do not "like" people taking protein powder, weightgainer, amino acids, green tea, etc. If I drink green tea, milk, and eat eggs and any kind of meat, I will still have those in my body. They sound like natural food to me. What's so bad about them that the coaches are not allowed to recommend? :blink: The students are supposed to count how many calories come from protein or carbs for everything they put in their mouth? Chips and beer included? Guess not..... :trout:

TarHeelTrainer

Awards
That just goes to show you how screwed up the system is. You cannot distribute a product that contains greater than 30% calories from protein because it is "deemed to provide an unfair advantage," BUT university appointed SPORTS nutritionists still advocate 1g protein per KILO of bodyweight to college athletes. A 300lb. OL consuming 136g of protein a day? It doesnt make sense.

I have had many discussions with strength coaches who have told me that if they could find a strength coach who embraced the science of exercise nutrition and actually LIVED it they would be worth their weight in gold (just an idea for some of you board members to think about).

While I do not agree with a lot of the NCAA restrictions, you have to remember that for every bone-headed rule there was atleast 1 player/coach even more retarded to necessitate it.

The NCAA and USADA are very hesitant with supplements, but for a good reason. Too many supplement companies try to live up to their own hype putting things in their supplements that don't belong (19-nor in my protein?...now it really is super nitro anabolic mass monster protein!). Just a few bad apples that make the rest look bad. Why can't they be more like AM sponsors?

:sigh:

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That just goes to show you how screwed up the system is. You cannot distribute a product that contains greater than 30% calories from protein because it is "deemed to provide an unfair advantage,"...
Now that is absolutely retarded thinking! Are they going to eventually ban fast runners because they have an "unfair advantage" over the slower runners? Let's just get a bunch of out of shape fat guys playing sports so everything is "fair". :rolleyes:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Tarheeltrainer,

You make some good points and I appreciate your fleshing this subject out a little more.

I have one question that isn't making sense to me. I can understand an athletic governing body having standards (be they reasonable or retarded). However, in this case I'm not understanding why certain substances are allowed for the athlete to use, but not for the coach to recommend for use. As I understand this, if an athlete on his/her own uses all those items on the prohibited list, the athlete isn't in violation of NCAA rules. However, if a coach suggest that an athlete should use something on the list, that suggestion (or actual provision) is a violation. This distinction is confusing. What is its purpose?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Read "Harrison Bergeron"

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeahright, i'm assuming they don't want coaches pushing products at all. The 30% rule products are probably considered food, not supplements.

Dumbasses.

Anyway, I was thrown off by the 'collegiate' monniker. What, do I have to take up sculling, polo, or wear khakis and tie a sweater over my shoulders to take the stuff? :lol:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOL, all Stryder wanted to do was pimp this nicely priced new product and it's turned into this.

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
It's a nice product too, at least for a weight gainer, I've been wanting a Casein based weight gainer for a while. I'm probly gonna be picking some of this up in the future.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree. I don't understand why gainer formulas always use whey. Odd.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered a tub of Muscle Milk Collegiate today from NP along w/ Anabolic Pump (since it was on sale and my credit card was so handy LOL)

I plan on taking 2 scp. (1/2 serv) before my workout and drinking up until my workout. Then, I will take another 2 scp. (1/2 serv) after my workout. This will be the only time I take it... around workouts.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just ordered a tub of Muscle Milk Collegiate today from NP along w/ Anabolic Pump (since it was on sale and my credit card was so handy LOL)

I plan on taking 2 scp. (1/2 serv) before my workout and drinking up until my workout. Then, I will take another 2 scp. (1/2 serv) after my workout. This will be the only time I take it... around workouts.
how does it taste?

evoVIII

evoVIII

Awards
I have the chocolate milk one and it tastes great and I add it milk protein isolate which is very chalky tasting but for slow burning protein.

the collegiate covers the chalk right up. 2 scoops MMC with one scoop MPI equals one good shake. i've moved from the whey PWO bandwagon to casein/whey bandwagon.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
how does it taste?
I tried a full serving of the Mint Chocolate today. Stuff was mighty tasty! Blended 4 scps. w/ ~16oz water and 8 ice cubes. It was like a minty chocolate shake.

The mint *aroma* is very strong. While drinking it the vapors or my breath was making my eyes feel funny... kinda like the vapor from Vicks Vapor Rub does. Not a bad funny. It was actually kinda neat.

I give the taste 4/5.

Comparatively, I give ON 100% chocolate 3/5, just for reference.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried a full serving of the Mint Chocolate today. Stuff was mighty tasty! Blended 4 scps. w/ ~16oz water and 8 ice cubes. It was like a minty chocolate shake.

The mint *aroma* is very strong. While drinking it the vapors or my breath was making my eyes feel funny... kinda like the vapor from Vicks Vapor Rub does. Not a bad funny. It was actually kinda neat.

I give the taste 4/5.

Comparatively, I give ON 100% chocolate 3/5, just for reference.
thanks for the feedback.