any word on if you guys will carry Sucralose?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I was about to order so but if you guys are going to pick it up...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We will be carrying it, but it will be a few weeks until it arrives since it is coming from China by boat.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
We will be carrying it, but it will be a few weeks until it arrives since it is coming from China by boat.
that will not be a problem :D

any idea on the packaging yet?

you guys rock BTW, except I keep having to spending money :(

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will this truly be sucralose or will it be like Splenda and be cut with maltodextrin?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sucralose. Pure sucralose.

I'm trying to get small scoops that will convert to a tsp sugar equivalent.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

That's awesome! I'm sure there are many people on this board that don't realize that maltodextrin's GI is 137!!!

EDIT: Please see posts 7 and 8 before taking the above as fact...I have found this point to be debatable.

Last edited:
bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
That's awesome! I'm sure there are many people on this board that don't realize that maltodextrin's GI is 137!!!
I've seen it listed anywhere from 80-105 but never THAT high.
If that is accurate .... scary.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly I didn't look into this real hard...let me see what I can find just in case I was inaccurate... :ntome:

...here's what I found...nothing concrete, but still on the high side.

The Glycemic Index = 137

Bodybuilding.com - ISSA - The Glycemic Index! = 105

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/4114-does-maltodextrin-have.html?highlight=maltodextrin = 137

GLYCEMIC INDEX = 105

The Glycemic Index - this site lead me to a revelation...it appears some lists use white bread as there base for 100 and others use glucose.

When white bread is used as the basis of comparison maltodextrin scores a 150, but when glucose is used as the basis of comparison maltodextrin only scores a 105.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I didn't look into this real hard...let me see what I can find just in case I was inaccurate... :ntome:

...here's what I found...nothing concrete, but still on the high side.

The Glycemic Index = 137

Bodybuilding.com - ISSA - The Glycemic Index! = 105

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/4114-does-maltodextrin-have.html?highlight=maltodextrin = 137

GLYCEMIC INDEX = 105

The Glycemic Index - this site lead me to a revelation...it appears some lists use white bread as there base for 100 and others use glucose.

When white bread is used as the basis of comparison maltodextrin scores a 150, but when glucose is used as the basis of comparison maltodextrin only scores a 105.
Good stuff...I'll rep you when I can rep again

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established

Bro that is almost impossible. it would be much, much easier to make it into a liquid and use it that way. Your talking about a spoon 1/600 the size of tsp. it is far easier to make it into a liquid at about 200mg/ml. Then 2 drops is a bout a pack of splenda.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Onnce you start looking into liquids, then you have to make a finished product, complete with bottles, labeling and dosage requirements. At this point you begin creeping dangerously close to Splenda's patent territory.

I'm afraid we can only offer the bulk powder, and it will be up to the customer to figure out the best way to use it.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Onnce you start looking into liquids, then you have to make a finished product, complete with bottles, labeling and dosage requirements. At this point you begin creeping dangerously close to Splenda's patent territory.

I'm afraid we can only offer the bulk powder, and it will be up to the customer to figure out the best way to use it.
If there is a patent issue how does Walmart get away with selling the exact same thing but calling it Altern?

Besides, Splenda is Dextrose, Maltodextrin and Sucralose combined.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

Thats going to be one small cute lil scoop. I have some pure sucralose here I took the very tip of knife worth and it candied my tougue! My tougue tasted sweet for hours :)

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established

I believe that pantent ran out, that is why they have the altern now (they may have just bought rights but I doubt that as they used to get almost twice as much for a box.). It actually has been around sense 1976 so....

but I was thinking more of just offering the bottle and a dropper with instuctions. They could buy the bottle and dropper then just refill as needed. That is what I do and its pretty easy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. If the patent has expired, I will have no problem offering this.

I would offer only the powder in a bottle, though, to save shipping weight.

I can also look into some inert fillers.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. If the patent has expired, I will have no problem offering this.

I would offer only the powder in a bottle, though, to save shipping weight.

I can also look into some inert fillers.
You ARE the man!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I'm ordering a bunch to sweeten our BCAA product, our EAA product, and MAYBE the Nutraplanet/Anabolic Innovations Cooki....I mean, nothin.

God I love being a tease.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd need to double check, but Tate & Lyle still have a patent on the manufacturing process (don't know if anyone actually had a patent on sucralose itself). They filed a lawsuit against a chinese manufacturer and some US importers as recently as May of this year I think. There are other manufacturers that say they have a unique manufacturing process that is not covered in the Splenda patent. So, if you buy from the right source, you probably wouldn't be in violation .. but double check.

TSC

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I caught that part in my search as well, and sent the clarification inquiry.

My factory is top of the line, and if they have not already can find a new procedure. I can't imagine a substitution of chlorine for hydroxyls on a sucrose can be TOO difficult, but then again I am not a chemist.

Thanks for covering my back, tsc.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I caught that part in my search as well, and sent the clarification inquiry.

My factory is top of the line, and if they have not already can find a new procedure. I can't imagine a substitution of chlorine for hydroxyls on a sucrose can be TOO difficult, but then again I am not a chemist.

Thanks for covering my back, tsc.
its not, if anything the process would be in the refinement, or more likely in splenda case it would be how to work with the fillers (this is not actually easy at all, first you have to have something edible, then it ether must not have calories or must be VERY light weight and consistently so. Then you have to be able to keep it from separating.) This is why I like the idea of liquid, as a chlorinated sugar it would be VERY stable in nothing but water for a long time and it’s very easy to measure out small doses with. Again I would just sell the powder and a bottle with a dropper along with some instructions.

I don't know much about patents though, it may be possible that someone has a patent for a liquid splenda but as said above I don't think that sucralose can be patented itself any more.

Thanks again though for picking up the product though, Its nice to be able to buy things in bulk and in a form you want :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My pleasure, Skye. I am looking into it, as I said, but it should not take more than a couple more days to verify the material. We should then have the shipment in no more than 2 weeks later.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
you know what would really kick ass... bulk sucralose with palatinose or trehalose as fillers. this wont make it calorie free but i think it would be a great idea. however, im sure the demand for something like this would be insanely small:sad:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was holding out for the liquid, which should be here in around 2 weeks

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
cool, but any chance you guys would carry the powder as well? I have a couple of things that I use it for that I would prefer the bulk powder. if not I can get it from other people, you guys are just my first prefrence.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The minimums are in effect for both. If more people are going to prefer the liquid, due to how absolutely strong the powder is, with an eyedropper, then it will probably be our starting point.

I also have to return a message from the company that markets Neotame on Monday,

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
The minimums are in effect for both. If more people are going to prefer the liquid, due to how absolutely strong the powder is, with an eyedropper, then it will probably be our starting point.

I also have to return a message from the company that markets Neotame on Monday,
that would be interesting, I have not tried it yet. I wouldn't use very much though to be honest as it does get broken down into methyl alcohol and some other items.

While it would suck (mildly) for me if you didn't offer the powder I think you would have much better sales with a liqiud just due to the ease of use, AI hardly sold much at all and I even worked out how everyone could do it easily.