K-r-ala

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wanted to double check my math on the stronger KRALA. So in 200mg of KRALA, there is 140mg of active RALA?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope. K-RALA is only 40% RALA. So in 200mg of K-RALA you have 80mg of RALA.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
actually per geronova who makes all the k-rala and na-rala this stuff is 70% rala... infact in the words of karyn herself from an email:

Please note: to get a 100 mg dose, you need ~140 mg of the Na RALA. It gets into the plasma and starts circulating within 15 minutes.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are right proto. But here the subject is Krala wich is 40%rala. You gave ref for Narala.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The new krala at nutraplanet is stronger than the old version. I was just wondering if Sam knew what the new conversion is.

I-Vtec

Awards
pardon my newbie ness but what is the beneficial use of this

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
To parition food into your muscles instead of fat cells, so muscle gain without the fat gains.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Correct...multiply dosage times 0.7 to get amount of r-ala.

ALA is also one of the most potent anti-oxidants known.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The new krala at nutraplanet is stronger than the old version. I was just wondering if Sam knew what the new conversion is.
New stronger krala. Never heared of that. Are you sure you are not mixing Narala and Krala? because pure krala is krala it cannot be "stronger" % wise than what it is originally.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me do some research into this and get a clear answer.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New stronger krala. Never heared of that. Are you sure you are not mixing Narala and Krala? because pure krala is krala it cannot be "stronger" % wise than what it is originally.
The filler content may have been altered. The bulk powder does not look the same; the old powder looked very granulated, but the new one is more of an actual powder.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know but what I meant is that Krala is ONE molecule of which 40% is rala. Now even the purest krala powder it's only 40% rala.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
per karyn its actually the na-rala that they supply to nutraplanet. which means that its actually alot cheaper here than at other sponsers stores... i can post the full email conversation i had with her if anyone wants to read it. i was curious about the "new and improved" version as well, and just contacted the manufacture directly.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mean that the second batch that Rodja got was Narala and not Krala?
Narala is a different story. if I remember correcty as you said it must be around 70% rala. In that case your calculation is correct Rodja.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm...this is turning out to be a bigger question than I thought.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Stronger is a relative term the difference here is 84% and 90 % R-ALA by weight for the pure salt. The differnce before had to do with way they processed it (I beleive they treated it with silica flow agent) This accounts for the 40% number of the old stuff. wether the new stuff is the Na-RALA I don't know but if they found a way around the clumping with out the silica then there is no real differnce between the two (well about 6% :D)

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Skye, do you mean it is possible to have a Krala with a higher % of rala (higer than 40%). If so why did the maker put on the market the Narala?

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
okay... here is what the email from karyn said:

Actually, they are the same product, we manufacture them and supply to both of these companies in bulk. Even though Nutraplanet is calling it K-RALA (so as not to confuse everyone who has come to know this stable RLA product) it is actually Na RALA 70%. It is a superior product to the original K-RALA (40%) because of its high active load, water solubility and higher bio-availability due to a new method of processing.

and from a second one after i asked her i could post the email online:

No problem, the more folks that know about this new product, the better. Please note: to get a 100 mg dose, you need ~140 mg of the Na RALA.It gets into the plasma and starts circulating within 15 minutes. pK study to be published soon. Please also see attached spec sheet.

P01Shooter

Awards
Na-rala is good stuff but absolutely sucks when mixed with other stuff. Cap it. Good to know you guys are carrying this now!

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Skye, do you mean it is possible to have a Krala with a higher % of rala (higer than 40%). If so why did the maker put on the market the Narala?
The K-RALA needed a flow agent for some reason, my guess is that it was sticky and tended to clump. I am guessing that the sodium didn’t or didn’t need as much to make it work well. Also sodium tends to be cheaper and a little more potent for some chemical reactions. It would also increase the solubility in water due to not having the silica and just because sodium products tend to be more soluble. But like I said the only difference would be the weight of the potassium vs the sodium. For the total MW it doesn't make that much difference and potassium and sodium are often interchangeable in function as they are chemically very similar both being in the same family and next to each other.

If they are selling Na-rala they need to fix that so people know what they are buying. There are some possible benefits to using potassium vs. sodium (depends on if the body can make use of potassium in that form, I haven't found that out yet). They wouldn't be much and the amount of sodium is not much but people still should know what they are getting.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
okay... here is what the email from karyn said:

Actually, they are the same product, we manufacture them and supply to both of these companies in bulk. Even though Nutraplanet is calling it K-RALA (so as not to confuse everyone who has come to know this stable RLA product) it is actually Na RALA 70%. It is a superior product to the original K-RALA (40%) because of its high active load, water solubility and higher bio-availability due to a new method of processing.

and from a second one after i asked her i could post the email online:

No problem, the more folks that know about this new product, the better. Please note: to get a 100 mg dose, you need ~140 mg of the Na RALA.It gets into the plasma and starts circulating within 15 minutes. pK study to be published soon. Please also see attached spec sheet.
Looks like I need to change the name to avoid confusion...when I spoke with Karyn she told me it was now 70% but didn't correct me when I asked to order more K-RALA. This explains the difference.

Karma to you for pointing out my error :)

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
Stronger is a relative term the difference here is 84% and 90 % R-ALA by weight for the pure salt. The differnce before had to do with way they processed it (I beleive they treated it with silica flow agent) This accounts for the 40% number of the old stuff. wether the new stuff is the Na-RALA I don't know but if they found a way around the clumping with out the silica then there is no real differnce between the two (well about 6% :D)

From what I understand NA-Rala is suppose to be water soluble and free flowing.

Na-RALA

Edit: nevermind did not see proto's response.