K-r-ala

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

K-r-ala

I just wanted to double check my math on the stronger KRALA. So in 200mg of KRALA, there is 140mg of active RALA?

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.12%

Nope. K-RALA is only 40% RALA. So in 200mg of K-RALA you have 80mg of RALA.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

actually per geronova who makes all the k-rala and na-rala this stuff is 70% rala... infact in the words of karyn herself from an email:

Please note: to get a 100 mg dose, you need ~140 mg of the Na RALA. It gets into the plasma and starts circulating within 15 minutes.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.12%

You are right proto. But here the subject is Krala wich is 40%rala. You gave ref for Narala.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

The new krala at nutraplanet is stronger than the old version. I was just wondering if Sam knew what the new conversion is.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

pardon my newbie ness but what is the beneficial use of this
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

To parition food into your muscles instead of fat cells, so muscle gain without the fat gains.
  8. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Correct...multiply dosage times 0.7 to get amount of r-ala.

ALA is also one of the most potent anti-oxidants known.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    The new krala at nutraplanet is stronger than the old version. I was just wondering if Sam knew what the new conversion is.
    New stronger krala. Never heared of that. Are you sure you are not mixing Narala and Krala? because pure krala is krala it cannot be "stronger" % wise than what it is originally.
  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Let me do some research into this and get a clear answer.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Rostam
    New stronger krala. Never heared of that. Are you sure you are not mixing Narala and Krala? because pure krala is krala it cannot be "stronger" % wise than what it is originally.
    The filler content may have been altered. The bulk powder does not look the same; the old powder looked very granulated, but the new one is more of an actual powder.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.12%

I know but what I meant is that Krala is ONE molecule of which 40% is rala. Now even the purest krala powder it's only 40% rala.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

per karyn its actually the na-rala that they supply to nutraplanet. which means that its actually alot cheaper here than at other sponsers stores... i can post the full email conversation i had with her if anyone wants to read it. i was curious about the "new and improved" version as well, and just contacted the manufacture directly.
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.12%

Do you mean that the second batch that Rodja got was Narala and not Krala?
    Narala is a different story. if I remember correcty as you said it must be around 70% rala. In that case your calculation is correct Rodja.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%

Hmmm...this is turning out to be a bigger question than I thought.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.34%

Stronger is a relative term the difference here is 84% and 90 % R-ALA by weight for the pure salt. The differnce before had to do with way they processed it (I beleive they treated it with silica flow agent) This accounts for the 40% number of the old stuff. wether the new stuff is the Na-RALA I don't know but if they found a way around the clumping with out the silica then there is no real differnce between the two (well about 6% )
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.12%

Skye, do you mean it is possible to have a Krala with a higher % of rala (higer than 40%). If so why did the maker put on the market the Narala?
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.59%

okay... here is what the email from karyn said:

Actually, they are the same product, we manufacture them and supply to both of these companies in bulk. Even though Nutraplanet is calling it K-RALA (so as not to confuse everyone who has come to know this stable RLA product) it is actually Na RALA 70%. It is a superior product to the original K-RALA (40%) because of its high active load, water solubility and higher bio-availability due to a new method of processing.

and from a second one after i asked her i could post the email online:

No problem, the more folks that know about this new product, the better. Please note: to get a 100 mg dose, you need ~140 mg of the Na RALA.It gets into the plasma and starts circulating within 15 minutes. pK study to be published soon. Please also see attached spec sheet.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.81%

Na-rala is good stuff but absolutely sucks when mixed with other stuff. Cap it. Good to know you guys are carrying this now!
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.34%

Skye, do you mean it is possible to have a Krala with a higher % of rala (higer than 40%). If so why did the maker put on the market the Narala?
    The K-RALA needed a flow agent for some reason, my guess is that it was sticky and tended to clump. I am guessing that the sodium didnít or didnít need as much to make it work well. Also sodium tends to be cheaper and a little more potent for some chemical reactions. It would also increase the solubility in water due to not having the silica and just because sodium products tend to be more soluble. But like I said the only difference would be the weight of the potassium vs the sodium. For the total MW it doesn't make that much difference and potassium and sodium are often interchangeable in function as they are chemically very similar both being in the same family and next to each other.

If they are selling Na-rala they need to fix that so people know what they are buying. There are some possible benefits to using potassium vs. sodium (depends on if the body can make use of potassium in that form, I haven't found that out yet). They wouldn't be much and the amount of sodium is not much but people still should know what they are getting.
  21. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.78%

Quote Originally Posted by protomike
    okay... here is what the email from karyn said:

Actually, they are the same product, we manufacture them and supply to both of these companies in bulk. Even though Nutraplanet is calling it K-RALA (so as not to confuse everyone who has come to know this stable RLA product) it is actually Na RALA 70%. It is a superior product to the original K-RALA (40%) because of its high active load, water solubility and higher bio-availability due to a new method of processing.

and from a second one after i asked her i could post the email online:

No problem, the more folks that know about this new product, the better. Please note: to get a 100 mg dose, you need ~140 mg of the Na RALA.It gets into the plasma and starts circulating within 15 minutes. pK study to be published soon. Please also see attached spec sheet.
    Looks like I need to change the name to avoid confusion...when I spoke with Karyn she told me it was now 70% but didn't correct me when I asked to order more K-RALA. This explains the difference.

Karma to you for pointing out my error
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    Stronger is a relative term the difference here is 84% and 90 % R-ALA by weight for the pure salt. The differnce before had to do with way they processed it (I beleive they treated it with silica flow agent) This accounts for the 40% number of the old stuff. wether the new stuff is the Na-RALA I don't know but if they found a way around the clumping with out the silica then there is no real differnce between the two (well about 6% )

From what I understand NA-Rala is suppose to be water soluble and free flowing.

Na-RALA

Edit: nevermind did not see proto's response.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Repost of an ALA article I found
    By Matthew D in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 03:12 AM
  2. Elite's Ultimate ALA Guide
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 11:14 PM
  3. Chemo and/or other 1,4-Andro and r-ALA users
    By DevilSmack in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8