Bulk Cissus Back in Stock!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor
    stryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    middle earth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,962
    Rep Power
    2803

    Bulk Cissus Back in Stock!


    The Cissus Powder is back jack!

  2. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  3. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    Good stuff. TSC just posted this abstract in the Synergy muscle forum:

    The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

    * Oben J,
    * Kuate D,
    * Agbor G,
    * Momo C,
    * Talla X.

    ABSTRACT: Aim: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19 to 50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups---placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100 to 2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25 to 29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks. RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet. CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

    PMID: 16948861 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    Is this the USP stuff???
  5. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor
    stryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    middle earth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,962
    Rep Power
    2803

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Is this the USP stuff???
    No, USPLabs is out and probably will be for a while...
  6. Registered User
    Alpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    507

    Quote Originally Posted by stryder
    No, USPLabs is out and probably will be for a while...
    Is the source just as good as USPLabs? I felt very comfortable trusting that source for raws.

    How important is it to take on an empty stomach? I sometimes donít have time or take it right before/after a meal. In reality, to get a true empty stomach absorption you would need to take it at least 20min before you eat. Was this recommendation just to increase absorption or is it something else? Am I wasting a dose by taking it with vitamins after a meal? Maybe USPLabs can chime in...

    In a related note, I have an AC joint (shoulder/collar bone) injury. I have to watch certain angles and things when doing chest/shoulder workouts. If I tweak it too much I will feel it within a day but it quickly goes away. It's a mild nagging thing and its easy to work around. Anyway, since I have been taking bulk cissus (1/2 tsp 2xday) the AC pain is completely gone. I have even tested certain exercises that normally make my shoulder hurt the next day. To my surprise, I have had no shoulder pain at all. I didnt expect this much from cissus. I notice that my elbows dont hurt as much but I figured that would be the extent of it. I cant really attribute the AC alleviation to any other cause. Not to sound like a promotional ad, but I wouldnt have believed this if someone else wrote it. I did experience it though.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
  7. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    Sam - I'm using the NOW celadrin transdermal. Will let you know how it works on my knee.
  8. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor
    stryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    middle earth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,962
    Rep Power
    2803

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine
    Is the source just as good as USPLabs? I felt very comfortable trusting that source for raws.
    Yes, this is from a very reputable source

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine
    How important is it to take on an empty stomach? I sometimes donít have time or take it right before/after a meal. In reality, to get a true empty stomach absorption you would need to take it at least 20min before you eat. Was this recommendation just to increase absorption or is it something else? Am I wasting a dose by taking it with vitamins after a meal? Maybe USPLabs can chime in...
    I would assume this is recommended for maximal absorption. However, taking it with or close to a meal will not waste the dose, so you should be good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine
    In a related note, I have an AC joint (shoulder/collar bone) injury. I have to watch certain angles and things when doing chest/shoulder workouts. If I tweak it too much I will feel it within a day but it quickly goes away. It's a mild nagging thing and its easy to work around. Anyway, since I have been taking bulk cissus (1/2 tsp 2xday) the AC pain is completely gone. I have even tested certain exercises that normally make my shoulder hurt the next day. To my surprise, I have had no shoulder pain at all. I didnt expect this much from cissus. I notice that my elbows dont hurt as much but I figured that would be the extent of it. I cant really attribute the AC alleviation to any other cause. Not to sound like a promotional ad, but I wouldnt have believed this if someone else wrote it. I did experience it though.
    I believe you, I've heard so many amazing success stories about Cissus. There's a reason why this sells so well...BECAUSE IT WORKS!
  9. Banned
    BioHazzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    0

    On your site, there is discrepency on how many mg a 1/4 teaspoon holds.

    1/4 level teaspoon = ~900 mg

    then

    Label Information
    Directions:
    As a dietary supplement take 500 mg (1/4 teaspoon) once or twice daily or as directed by your health care professional
  10. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor
    stryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    middle earth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,962
    Rep Power
    2803

    I just measured a level 1/4 tsp and it came out to ~800 mg. It seems that one measurement was loosely done and the other was rounded. Sorry for the confusion
  11. Registered User
    Alpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    507

    So what is the ideal dosage and schedule? Obviously megadosing is great but from an economic view whats the ideal dosage? Same as the USP caps?
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
  12. tsc
    tsc is offline
    Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    tsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    297

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Good stuff. TSC just posted this abstract in the Synergy muscle forum:

    The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

    * Oben J,
    * Kuate D,
    * Agbor G,
    * Momo C,
    * Talla X.

    ABSTRACT: Aim: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19 to 50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups---placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100 to 2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25 to 29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks. RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet. CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

    PMID: 16948861 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
    someone on M&M posted a link to the full pdf. Unfortunately the formula is cissus, GTE and a few other things. A study on cissus alone would have been more useful as their results are questionable, at least their interpretation.

    TSC
  13. tsc
    tsc is offline
    Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    tsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    297

    oops

    the link dummy, the link

    http://www.lipidworld.com/content/pd...-511x-5-24.pdf

    TSC
  14. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    LOL, this didn't inspire confidence:

    Institute of Medical Research & Medicinal Plant studies, Yaounde, Cameroon
  15. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    LOL, this didn't inspire confidence:

    Institute of Medical Research & Medicinal Plant studies, Yaounde, Cameroon

    It is still peer reviewed.

    Oh, just wait until you guys see what I found tonight re:cissus.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  16. Registered User
    protomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    dewey beach
    Age
    32
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    9463

    i read the full study last night... now granted they where usin cissus, gte, b6 and b12, and i believe niacian. it kinda seemed like they where shilling a product, it seemed like a rather low dossage of everything used in the formulation... study did seem pretty cool on the ammount the people lost. however i can't wait to see what dsade found.
  17. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    If 1/4 tsp = 800 mg, what was the recommended dosage?
  18. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Rep Power
    1090

    FYI- usp's dosage is 1220 mg 3 times daily i believe. So probably 3-4 grams a day will do the trick. I do ~3 grams a day and have good results for my nagging shoulder/rotator injury
  19. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    Thanks for the feedback! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to warnerve again.
  20. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Thanks for the feedback! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to warnerve again.
    No problem. Forgot to mention that I usually only take one serving of about 1.5 grams on my off days and still having excellent effectiveness. Not sure if you were looking for joint health and/or cortisol supression or what but its a starting point.
  21. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by protomike
    however i can't wait to see what dsade found.
    Put it this way...it is way stronger than a 5% or 6% extract...waiting on price.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  22. Registered User
    protomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    dewey beach
    Age
    32
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    9463

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    Put it this way...it is way stronger than a 5% or 6% extract...waiting on price.
    dsade, did you see that article that trouble linked over at m&m? it listed out about 6~7 of the extracts found in cissus. kinda cool i guess that resveratrol is in it... sooo, can you drop any hints on what you got???
  23. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by protomike
    dsade, did you see that article that trouble linked over at m&m? it listed out about 6~7 of the extracts found in cissus. kinda cool i guess that resveratrol is in it... sooo, can you drop any hints on what you got???
    lol..check the post right before this one. Let me go check trouble's post.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  24. Registered User
    protomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    dewey beach
    Age
    32
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    9463

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    lol..check the post right before this one. Let me go check trouble's post.
    i know, i just wasn't sure if we where gettin somethin with a few of the extract significantly stronger(ala symmetry x) or just a better extract(ala the 10% keto cissus that usp has been sellin overseas)... i just get curious sometimes.
  25. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by protomike
    dsade, did you see that article that trouble linked over at m&m? it listed out about 6~7 of the extracts found in cissus. kinda cool i guess that resveratrol is in it... sooo, can you drop any hints on what you got???
    what is the link>
  26. tsc
    tsc is offline
    Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    tsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    297

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs
    what is the link>
    Kaempferol
    Quercetin
    Reservatrol
    3,4- Dihydroxy benyl ethanol
    Piceatannol
    Palliadol
    Parthencissin A
    Quadrangularin A, B, and C

    I think the M&M thread is cissus for metabolic syndrome?? or something to that effect. The article sited is found here though

    http://www.oauife.edu.ng/faculties/p...y/sadesany.pdf

    The list above is what was referenced.

    TSC
  27. Registered User
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Beaumont, TX
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,116
    Rep Power
    9663

    Reservatrol is the powerful anti-oxidant from red wine????
  28. Registered User
    protomike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    dewey beach
    Age
    32
    Posts
    396
    Rep Power
    9463

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Reservatrol is the powerful anti-oxidant from red wine????
    if that paper is correct, then yup.
  29. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    I have a question for NutraPlanet; Is the bulk cissus i order off of you guys (old labeling about 2 months ago). Is it 5% extract or just raw?
  30. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    it is 5%
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  31. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    thanks. thats the same as usp cissus rx right? Im just trying to figure out dosing.
  32. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    thanks. thats the same as usp cissus rx right? Im just trying to figure out dosing.
    Correct
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  33. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969163

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    Correct
    If I recall NP went through USPLabs for their bulk Cissus, right? I was under the impression that's why USP has been willing to work with NP for other bulk powders in the future, right?
  34. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    Bulk Powders is my job...and I am the best.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  35. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969163

    Don't sing it, bring it!

    I am going to have to buy a scale and a CapMQuick set up b/c of you!
  36. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    We'll have NP brand capsules, as well as a stacked deal for Caps/Scale/Cap-m-quick soon.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  37. Registered User
    joebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,074
    Rep Power
    1139

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    We'll have NP brand capsules, as well as a stacked deal for Caps/Scale/Cap-m-quick soon.
    I'll be waiting for this one!!
  38. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,977
    Rep Power
    969163

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    We'll have NP brand capsules, as well as a stacked deal for Caps/Scale/Cap-m-quick soon.
    This is great to hear. I have had all of that stuff in my cart since last week (minus NP brand stuff though).
  39. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    We'll have NP brand capsules, as well as a stacked deal for Caps/Scale/Cap-m-quick soon.
    that would have been good for me a month ago, but thanks for adding that to the selection! Im sure alot of people will pick that up and your bulk powder line should be getting alot of well deserved attention. Keep it up NP!
  40. Board Supporter
    Yagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    231

    It's gone again?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulk Cissus Back in Stock
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 08:08 PM
  2. Cissus back in stock!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in