Bulk Cissus Back in Stock!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. TSC just posted this abstract in the Synergy muscle forum:

The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

* Oben J,
* Kuate D,
* Agbor G,
* Momo C,
* Talla X.

ABSTRACT: Aim: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19 to 50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups---placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100 to 2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25 to 29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks. RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet. CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

PMID: 16948861 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
No, USPLabs is out and probably will be for a while...
Is the source just as good as USPLabs? I felt very comfortable trusting that source for raws.

How important is it to take on an empty stomach? I sometimes don’t have time or take it right before/after a meal. In reality, to get a true empty stomach absorption you would need to take it at least 20min before you eat. Was this recommendation just to increase absorption or is it something else? Am I wasting a dose by taking it with vitamins after a meal? Maybe USPLabs can chime in...

In a related note, I have an AC joint (shoulder/collar bone) injury. I have to watch certain angles and things when doing chest/shoulder workouts. If I tweak it too much I will feel it within a day but it quickly goes away. It's a mild nagging thing and its easy to work around. Anyway, since I have been taking bulk cissus (1/2 tsp 2xday) the AC pain is completely gone. I have even tested certain exercises that normally make my shoulder hurt the next day. To my surprise, I have had no shoulder pain at all. I didnt expect this much from cissus. I notice that my elbows dont hurt as much but I figured that would be the extent of it. I cant really attribute the AC alleviation to any other cause. Not to sound like a promotional ad, but I wouldnt have believed this if someone else wrote it. I did experience it though.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sam - I'm using the NOW celadrin transdermal. Will let you know how it works on my knee.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is the source just as good as USPLabs? I felt very comfortable trusting that source for raws.
Yes, this is from a very reputable source :)

How important is it to take on an empty stomach? I sometimes don’t have time or take it right before/after a meal. In reality, to get a true empty stomach absorption you would need to take it at least 20min before you eat. Was this recommendation just to increase absorption or is it something else? Am I wasting a dose by taking it with vitamins after a meal? Maybe USPLabs can chime in...
I would assume this is recommended for maximal absorption. However, taking it with or close to a meal will not waste the dose, so you should be good.

In a related note, I have an AC joint (shoulder/collar bone) injury. I have to watch certain angles and things when doing chest/shoulder workouts. If I tweak it too much I will feel it within a day but it quickly goes away. It's a mild nagging thing and its easy to work around. Anyway, since I have been taking bulk cissus (1/2 tsp 2xday) the AC pain is completely gone. I have even tested certain exercises that normally make my shoulder hurt the next day. To my surprise, I have had no shoulder pain at all. I didnt expect this much from cissus. I notice that my elbows dont hurt as much but I figured that would be the extent of it. I cant really attribute the AC alleviation to any other cause. Not to sound like a promotional ad, but I wouldnt have believed this if someone else wrote it. I did experience it though.
I believe you, I've heard so many amazing success stories about Cissus. There's a reason why this sells so well...BECAUSE IT WORKS!

BioHazzard

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On your site, there is discrepency on how many mg a 1/4 teaspoon holds.

1/4 level teaspoon = ~900 mg

then

Label Information
Directions:
As a dietary supplement take 500 mg (1/4 teaspoon) once or twice daily or as directed by your health care professional

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just measured a level 1/4 tsp and it came out to ~800 mg. It seems that one measurement was loosely done and the other was rounded. Sorry for the confusion ;)

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
So what is the ideal dosage and schedule? Obviously megadosing is great but from an economic view whats the ideal dosage? Same as the USP caps?

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff. TSC just posted this abstract in the Synergy muscle forum:

The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

* Oben J,
* Kuate D,
* Agbor G,
* Momo C,
* Talla X.

ABSTRACT: Aim: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19 to 50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups---placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100 to 2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25 to 29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks. RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet. CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

PMID: 16948861 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
someone on M&M posted a link to the full pdf. Unfortunately the formula is cissus, GTE and a few other things. A study on cissus alone would have been more useful as their results are questionable, at least their interpretation.

TSC

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
LOL, this didn't inspire confidence:

Institute of Medical Research & Medicinal Plant studies, Yaounde, Cameroon

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL, this didn't inspire confidence:

Institute of Medical Research & Medicinal Plant studies, Yaounde, Cameroon

It is still peer reviewed.

Oh, just wait until you guys see what I found tonight re:cissus.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
i read the full study last night... now granted they where usin cissus, gte, b6 and b12, and i believe niacian. it kinda seemed like they where shilling a product, it seemed like a rather low dossage of everything used in the formulation... study did seem pretty cool on the ammount the people lost. however i can't wait to see what dsade found.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
If 1/4 tsp = 800 mg, what was the recommended dosage?

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
FYI- usp's dosage is 1220 mg 3 times daily i believe. So probably 3-4 grams a day will do the trick. I do ~3 grams a day and have good results for my nagging shoulder/rotator injury

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to warnerve again.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to warnerve again.
No problem. Forgot to mention that I usually only take one serving of about 1.5 grams on my off days and still having excellent effectiveness. Not sure if you were looking for joint health and/or cortisol supression or what but its a starting point.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
however i can't wait to see what dsade found.
Put it this way...it is way stronger than a 5% or 6% extract...waiting on price.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
Put it this way...it is way stronger than a 5% or 6% extract...waiting on price.
dsade, did you see that article that trouble linked over at m&m? it listed out about 6~7 of the extracts found in cissus. kinda cool i guess that resveratrol is in it... sooo, can you drop any hints on what you got???

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, did you see that article that trouble linked over at m&m? it listed out about 6~7 of the extracts found in cissus. kinda cool i guess that resveratrol is in it... sooo, can you drop any hints on what you got???
lol..check the post right before this one. Let me go check trouble's post.

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established
lol..check the post right before this one. Let me go check trouble's post.
i know, i just wasn't sure if we where gettin somethin with a few of the extract significantly stronger(ala symmetry x) or just a better extract(ala the 10% keto cissus that usp has been sellin overseas)... i just get curious sometimes.

what is the link>

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Reservatrol is the powerful anti-oxidant from red wine????

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a question for NutraPlanet; Is the bulk cissus i order off of you guys (old labeling about 2 months ago). Is it 5% extract or just raw?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it is 5%

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks. thats the same as usp cissus rx right? Im just trying to figure out dosing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I recall NP went through USPLabs for their bulk Cissus, right? I was under the impression that's why USP has been willing to work with NP for other bulk powders in the future, right?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk Powders is my job...and I am the best. :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't sing it, bring it!

I am going to have to buy a scale and a CapMQuick set up b/c of you!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We'll have NP brand capsules, as well as a stacked deal for Caps/Scale/Cap-m-quick soon.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We'll have NP brand capsules, as well as a stacked deal for Caps/Scale/Cap-m-quick soon.
This is great to hear. I have had all of that stuff in my cart since last week (minus NP brand stuff though).:thumbsup:

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that would have been good for me a month ago, but thanks for adding that to the selection! Im sure alot of people will pick that up and your bulk powder line should be getting alot of well deserved attention. Keep it up NP!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got only a few left...we are hoping to our large shipment soon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The good stuff is coming straight from India...and they don't seem to work as fast as my Chinese sources.