Guys, just wanted to clue you in to one of the best pwo combo's ever:

2 scoops professional supplements vitargo

600 mgs ALA

30-40 mgs Vanadyl

10 g glutamine

2.4 g CEE

10 g BCAA's

Your muscles will feel:dance:
i cant wait til after college when i can afford to run PWO mixes like this :) sounds like a good combo, thanks for the incite.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
I like everything in that combo except the glutamine. I've been meaning to put an order in for wms to see how I respond to it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have something that looks like it might compete with WMS. It was sent to me by a manufacturer and is currently a waste product in the manufacture of another plant-baed product.

It is a vegetable starch. Let me try it out for a few days, post workout, then I will open it up for testers.

If it works well, I know the price is phenomenal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have something that looks like it might compete with WMS. It was sent to me by a manufacturer and is currently a waste product in the manufacture of another plant-baed product.

It is a vegetable starch. Let me try it out for a few days, post workout, then I will open it up for testers.

If it works well, I know the price is phenomenal.
Will it be high or low GI? I really liked Vitargo, but I am trying not to use any high GI products

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will it be high or low GI? I really liked Vitargo, but I am trying not to use any high GI products
I am assuming it is high GI for post Workout, glycogen replenishment, and amplified glucose signalling. I'm going to have to invest in a glucometer and test on myself.

This is a new application for this product, so let me ask and see if the manufacturer (longshot) has the GI rating.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I like the above stack but i'd rather use Cialabol or Na-ALA for the partioning agent. I have used Vitargo before and it kicks ass to say the least. Never used BCAA's before but i will.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the above stack but i'd rather use Cialabol or Na-ALA for the partioning agent. I have used Vitargo before and it kicks ass to say the least. Never used BCAA's before but i will.
I used vitargo for about a year when it first came out, but I stopped using it because of the price. I really felt like I recovered faster and the pumps were amazing. I use BCAAs before and during training now(Xtend to be exact) and I have noticed better endurance.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya i'm thinking of getting some Excell and adding my AI mango whey (1 scoop) to like 4-5 scoops of Excell and just sip on it during my workout to see what i think.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya i'm thinking of getting some Excell and adding my AI mango whey (1 scoop) to like 4-5 scoops of Excell and just sip on it during my workout to see what i think.
I started using the same preworkout supplements(BCAA's and WPI) as the Scivation crew, but I do eat carbs after I train since I am more of a performance athlete now.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
waxy maize and a good partitioner is always a good call for PWO.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
waxy maize and a good partitioner is always a good call for PWO.
I'm doing the first subjective test today, after tennis.

BTW, Nietzsche...avec 'E'

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tennis and French? bad combo. ;)
Tennis + French = Love, no?

Alas, Love is not my racket anymore...I'd be content to just have her play with my balls.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Waxy Maize, does that come in any good flavors?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitargo is a high GI carb.
I'm trying to avoid hi GI carb too. I stick with oats even after workout and it works very well.

Chaps, pure waxy maze doesn't have any falvor or artificial sweetner. And that's how I would like it if I would use it one day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what I can find, the starch I have is low GI. It's used as a thickener.

I played tennis today, along with a back-bicep workout. I took about 15 grams post workout. My muscles feel full, but I know that is very subjective indicator.

I think I'll have to call in some more testers.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well being a thickener doesn't mean it's necessarily low GI. White floor is used as a thickener but it's high GI.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Do you have access to a glucose meter? Because that would also be some useful information to have.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys, just wanted to clue you in to one of the best pwo combo's ever:

2 scoops professional supplements vitargo

600 mgs ALA

30-40 mgs Vanadyl

10 g glutamine

2.4 g CEE

10 g BCAA's

Your muscles will feel:dance:
That's gotta be the biggest vanadium dose I've ever heard of.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Does Vanadyl actually work? I've read that it was up their with Boron as being completely useless.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Does Vanadyl actually work? I've read that it was up their with Boron as being completely useless.
It works but it could become toxic at high enough levels.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Screw that then, especially with stuff like Cialabol, GXR and Na-ALA on the market now.

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
vanadyl works exceptionally well and I think works better than any k-r-ala or other product for 1/2 the price....

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wish i could handle vandyl it breaks me out I am allergic to must sulfas/sulfate compounds it def works though when I used it! HOWS IT GREXX???

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish i could handle vandyl it breaks me out I am allergic to must sulfas/sulfate compounds it def works though when I used it! HOWS IT GREXX???

The sulfate ion is just used to crystalize it. I'm sure if you look, you can find a vanadium supplement with a different anion bonded to it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vanadyl works exceptionally well and I think works better than any k-r-ala or other product for 1/2 the price....
More like 1/10

grexx

grexx

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah, I buy the optimum vs-10's for like $7, and it works very well........

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, I buy the optimum vs-10's for like $7, and it works very well........
Vanadyl Sulfate is too dangerous to sell in bulk..but this formula idea is a definite possibility.

Gdawg

Awards
Do you have access to a glucose meter? Because that would also be some useful information to have.
Just an FYI, I did some glucose tests taking WMS and it minimally raised my levels. It's posted over at the M&M board.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just an FYI, I did some glucose tests taking WMS and it minimally raised my levels. It's posted over at the M&M board.
This is strange because even the maker of vitargo admits that vitargo is a high GI carb.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many grams of Vitargo did you dose?

Gdawg

Awards
It was bulk WMS from TP, but I took 78 grams.

My BG only went from 87 ---->91 fifteen minutes after. Then I took some protein which made it rise a little more to 105, but the rise seemed to be b/c of the protein. I attribute the second rise to protein because when I took the protein and WMS together my BG went immedieately to 105 after fifteen minutes.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was bulk WMS from TP, but I took 78 grams.

My BG only went from 87 ---->91 fifteen minutes after. Then I took some protein which made it rise a little more to 105, but the rise seemed to be b/c of the protein. I attribute the second rise to protein because when I took the protein and WMS together my BG went immedieately to 105 after fifteen minutes.
Could you do the same test with dextrose or maltodextrine instead of WMS?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Gdawg

Awards
Could you do the same test with dextrose or maltodextrine instead of WMS?
That was actually my original plans, but some things came up and I forgot about it honestly. I'll do it this Thursday, substituting dextrose for WMS as I don't have any malto, and post the results.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, keep us posted. And try to do your test in the same condition than with WMS: Timing, dosage......

Gdawg

Awards
Okay, I did another test this morning after working out. I used 75 grams of dextrose and ~37 grams of WPI. Comparison:

Dextrose
Immediately PWO: 88
15 minutes: 123
30 minutes: 156
45 minutes: 132
60 minutes: 108

WMS
Immediately PWO: 87
15 minutes: 91
30 minutes: 105
45 minutes: 94
60 minutes: 75

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I sent you some of this Pea Starch, would you run another test for me?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay, I did another test this morning after working out. I used 75 grams of dextrose and ~37 grams of WPI. Comparison:

Dextrose

WMS
It's a pity you didn't take the same dose of WMS and dextrose.
If you would have taken the same dosage I guess the values would have been some how higher for WMS.

So you did take dextrose and WMS after two separate work out right? Anything else ingested after the dextrose/wms?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I sent you some of this Pea Starch, would you run another test for me?
Is your pea starch hydrolysed to 500K-700K dalton polysacharides Just like Vitargo?

Gdawg, what about the WMS you did the test with?

excalibur

Awards

Dextrose

WMS
Did you use WPI with WMS?
If not thats propably whats making the difrense asuming the doses of WMS and dextrose is apx equal.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you use WPI with WMS?
If not thats propably whats making the difrense asuming the doses of WMS and dextrose is apx equal.
the doses of dextrose and WMS were not even. 75g for dextrose and 37g for WMS. He took almost 2 times more dextrose.

Gdawg

Awards
I did use the same amount of WMS as I did dextrose.

I did two tests with WMS one mixed with WPI and one seperate from WPI by 15 minutes. I'll just go ahead and copy my original post from the other thread so you can see more detail over what I did.

Gdawg

Awards
Original Tests

I've been using this for about two months post-workout but now just finally got around to doing some tests on it with my blood glucose reader. I've been meaning to test this out since I've been hearing that it should bypass the stomache and go to the intestines and not cause such a spike in insulin like dextrose/malto.

I've been taking 78 grams of WMS with 38 grams of WPI for my protocol immediately after training and then consuming a solid meal approximately 1 hour later.

My glucose readings after today's training session are as follows:

Immediately post w/o: 87
15 minutes after shake: 105
30 minutes after shake: 91
60 minutes after shake (before solid meal): 90

Comments: I didn't experience any lightheadedness or anything of that nature assosiated with a crash, but I was feeling very hungry within thirty minutes after the shake though.

My next training session is Friday and I will do the same tests with the only difference being the carb source; dextrose will be the carb choice. I'll report back with the readings to compare.
---------------------------------------------------------
I went ahead and tried the WMS by itself immediately post workout and then had some whey 15-20 minutes later like was suggested and took some more tests.

Results are below. First column is Wednesday when I mixed the WMS and whey together, second column is today when I took the WMS first and the whey 15 minutes later. The parenthesis represent the difference.

Immediately post w/o: 87 87 (same)
15 minutes after WMS: 105 91 (-14)
30 minutes after WMS: 91 105 (+14)
45 minutes after WMS: none 94
60 minutes after WMS: 90 75 (-15)

I was very suprised by the results. It appears the the WMS actually had a neglible impact on my BG levels and it was most likely the whey that caused the rise. I also thought it was strange that my levels started to come down so much more quickly when I separated the WMS and whey. I never experienced a crashing feeling though I should note. One additional thing I noticed differently was that during the period after ingesting the WMS but before the whey I seemed much more jumpy than I did the other day when they were taken together.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did use the same amount of WMS as I did dextrose.

I did two tests with WMS one mixed with WPI and one seperate from WPI by 15 minutes. I'll just go ahead and copy my original post from the other thread so you can see more detail over what I did.
My apologies I didn't read your previous post properly.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now we are missing one parameter. Same test with dextrose without WPI.

Sorry for all the holes we've done on your fingers :aargh:

Gdawg

Awards
My apologies I didn't read your previous post properly.
No worries, if there is anything else you want me to explain further just ask.

Anyway, I don't think I want to do another test with dextrose honestly. My stomache didn't handle it well at all yesterday. Most likely because it was the first time in months that I had used dextrose.