Sneak Peak of New BETA Site!

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
After countless months of work we are nearing the point of going live with our new site. We hope this will be a smooth changeover and no problems will arrise from the change. It is now time to let our customers have at the BETA site so we can hopefully nail down any remaining bugs before it goes live.

International Customers
----------------------------------------------------
  • Check address book to insure your address was correctly merged
  • Make sure shipping methods show up in checkout
MSN & AOL Customers
-----------------------------------------------------
  • Check to see if login works
Everyone Else
-----------------------------------------------------
  • Same as above, but Ive done a lot of testing here so it should be fine
If anyone wishes to checkout on the new site just choose Money Order because you are not taken to a secure site, and any orders placed on the new system will not be processed as actual orders.

This site is running off an old backup of nutraplanet.com so accounts created in the last month or so will not be in the system. Feel free to create another account to play around with. Any changes you make to your preferences, or accounts you create on the new system will be deleted before the site goes live so changes you make will disappear.

Oh... And the link to the new site.... (wait for Sam to post i cant seem to post a link yet)

New features include... group buys, supplement facts, and a slick new look :)

If you run across a bug, or if your addresses are not correct on the new site please send an email to [email protected] with your account email, and the problem you are seeing so I can take care of it ASAP.

triality

Banned
Awards
nice site design, although i could do better :bb: haha. looks good though! cant wait for those sales!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Now everyone go play on it and find any bugs, inconsistencies, and please provide feedback. Remember...DO NOT ENTER YOUR BILLING INFO because the SSL is not active for the beta test site. Also, you cannot place an actual order on the beta side, this is strictly for fun and will help us to "custom fit" the site to your needs.

Baptizer

Awards
Love the new design. In terms of suggestions:
-Make a link for Specials Section
-Image around 'my account - shopping cart - check out' loads noticably slower than the rest of the top banner (for IE 6; looks fine in firefox)
-At the bottom of the page 'warrant' is spelled 'warrent' (unless you mean the band :) )

Other than that, looks great and looks like it was well tested prior to introducing it!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Baptizer :thumbsup: I think once IE caches the images it should begin to load faster...

Baptizer

Awards
Np! Wish I had better suggestions for you (and the team). I have some other ones, but not sure if they are worth mentioning. For instance:
-No 'advanced search' option. I am assuming this may have been omitted on purpose. I have never used 'advanced search' before.
-When logged into your account, there is a menu on the right that displays your order history. If you click the shopping cart icon next to the product you ordered, it does not take you to the product page or add the item to your cart. Instead it directs you to the frontpage of the beta site.

Baptizer

Awards
I am about to hit you something very anal, but on the following page I would suggest to make a few formatting changes.
http://www.nutraplanet.com:3000/ordering.html

I think there needs to be some consistency on what is bolded, the font size, etc. For instance, 'credit cards - ' is small text, however 'money orders -' is bolded and a larger font. Also, there is only one space between the mail order address and the 'Shipping Options' text, however, there are two between it and the paragraph it is associated with.

Seriously, I am in no slamming anyone or whatever. I run a community site and, typically, my brother does most of the website developement and I stick to proof-reading, creating the forums, etc. Since nutraplanet is now the only place I order from, I feel as though I should be a bit more critical than I normally would :)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No worries Baptizer...I like all the constructive criticism and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to proof read and bring these things to our attention. Great job :thumbsup:

Karma to you my friend!

Baptizer

Awards
Thanks, stryder! Appreciate the Karma!

nricciar mentioned group buys, however, I am having a hard time figuring out whether this feature/option has been implemented yet. I took a peek around, but couldn't find anything.

Overall, excellent job. Really thankful for what you offer the supplement-purchasing community!

Edit: One final observation: It looks like on some product pages, at the bottom you are given the option to 'write a review'. However, if no one ever wrote a review you are not given the option at the bottom of the page. For instance:
A product you can write a review about (given the option): http://www.nutraplanet.com:3000/product/359/sesathin.html
A product you cannot write a review about (not given the option): http://www.nutraplanet.com:3000/product/1000/astaxanthin.html

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
Love the new design. In terms of suggestions:
-Make a link for Specials Section
-Image around 'my account - shopping cart - check out' loads noticably slower than the rest of the top banner (for IE 6; looks fine in firefox)
-At the bottom of the page 'warrant' is spelled 'warrent' (unless you mean the band :) )

Other than that, looks great and looks like it was well tested prior to introducing it!
- specials section is renamed to featured products and is in the navigation bar
- This is a problem with IE and its inability to support transparency in PNG images (IE7 will fix this)... use Firefox :)
- Thanks for the heads up

Love the help, when you look at these pages all day long its easy to overlook simple things like spelling errors.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks, stryder! Appreciate the Karma!

nricciar mentioned group buys, however, I am having a hard time figuring out whether this feature/option has been implemented yet. I took a peek around, but couldn't find anything.

Overall, excellent job. Really thankful for what you offer the supplement-purchasing community!

Edit: One final observation: It looks like on some product pages, at the bottom you are given the option to 'write a review'. However, if no one ever wrote a review you are not given the option at the bottom of the page. For instance:
A product you can write a review about (given the option): http://www.nutraplanet.com:3000/product/359/sesathin.html
A product you cannot write a review about (not given the option): http://www.nutraplanet.com:3000/product/1000/astaxanthin.html

This is a problem im working on fixing at the moment, currently the only way to write a review for a product without reviews is by going into your order history and clicking write review from one of the product lines in your orders.

Group buys do exist currently... check out cAMPHIBOLIC, Anagen, or Methoxy-TXT "Buy Together and Save" below the product image.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
I am about to hit you something very anal, but on the following page I would suggest to make a few formatting changes.
http://www.nutraplanet.com:3000/ordering.html

I think there needs to be some consistency on what is bolded, the font size, etc. For instance, 'credit cards - ' is small text, however 'money orders -' is bolded and a larger font. Also, there is only one space between the mail order address and the 'Shipping Options' text, however, there are two between it and the paragraph it is associated with.

Seriously, I am in no slamming anyone or whatever. I run a community site and, typically, my brother does most of the website developement and I stick to proof-reading, creating the forums, etc. Since nutraplanet is now the only place I order from, I feel as though I should be a bit more critical than I normally would :)

These pages are mostly a direct copy and pase from the old site, and we do plan on rewriting them completly with more information. You are right though they need some work still.

Baptizer

Awards
Group buys do exist currently... check out cAMPHIBOLIC, Anagen, or Methoxy-TXT "Buy Together and Save" below the product image.
Ohhh! *Slaps self* lol. The first thing I thought when I heard group buys was like collecting money from my buddies and placing an order for a group buy of a product (and getting the product at a lesser price because I ordered a crap load)! My bad.

Again, great job. When you are focusing on the bigger items, some of those smaller ones get between the cracks.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ohhh! *Slaps self* lol. The first thing I thought when I heard group buys was like collecting money from my buddies and placing an order for a group buy of a product (and getting the product at a lesser price because I ordered a crap load)! My bad.

Again, great job. When you are focusing on the bigger items, some of those smaller ones get between the cracks.

Yea I should have known better, I keep on forgetting about that kind of "Group Buy". More like stacks, but this time without all the inventory issues we had on the old site. :)

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
You should have a section with a couple of articals over viewing the basics so when new Body Builders find your site they know what to look for, Multi, Fish oil, etc

And over view of goal pacific products, like fat burners or test boosters etc.

Nice site btw

Hey stryder did you get my email?!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should have a section with a couple of articals over viewing the basics so when new Body Builders find your site they know what to look for, Multi, Fish oil, etc

And over view of goal pacific products, like fat burners or test boosters etc.

Nice site btw

Hey stryder did you get my email?!
Yes, responded back but never heard back from you...maybe in your junk folder? If not, hit me again with the items in your cart as I don't have access to them at the moment with the new site changes.

...edit: if this was not what your email was about please forgive me. I may be thinking about someone else. I haven't quite memorized and matched up everyones AM user names, real names, and email address...yet (but I'm working on it)--LOL!

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
I have a suggestion regarding the main page. Where specials, new items added, etc. You may want to put complete borders around the item groups. Not each item, just to section off the specials, added items, etc. There are short horizontal borders now but I think the addition would be easier on the eyes. :thumbsup:

joe dax

Awards
layout looks really clean and professional, just like the service

bring on the sales!! :woohoo:

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
Hnmm haven't gotten anything yet, i'll send you another msg.

Keep me posted when you get it.

Thanks
Dr liftalot

Baptizer

Awards
Maybe you guys should 'barter' people into testing the site! Maybe a free bottle of some new product or something for each problem identified :p

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...that would be nice but after all that Stryder has done for us it should be our duty to help him out when we can. :p

P.S. Of course if the offer is made, I'm in for promo products for beta testing...lol. ;)

Last edited:
stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
- specials section is renamed to featured products and is in the navigation bar
- This is a problem with IE and its inability to support transparency in PNG images (IE7 will fix this)... use Firefox :)
- Thanks for the heads up

Love the help, when you look at these pages all day long its easy to overlook simple things like spelling errors.
Hey can someone throw my "Head Web Nerd" some rep points here...he's working his *** off to get this new site launched soon...and besides, my arm's getting tired from beating him all day with this whip :whip:

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I will throw him one.. Thats all it will let me ..

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
I will throw him one.. Thats all it will let me ..
Repped ya too Head Nerd! LOL. Good job on the new site, can't wait to go shopping...:woohoo:

Oh Head Nerd...I bow to you

:bow28: